Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2603 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105  Next
 The 'Lost' Thread (Season 2) 
i just finished watching it .. i dont know what to say ...

i'll just ask questions i guess:

whats this whidmore and hanso thing? i get whidmore has been referenced a few times in the series and that penny's dad is whidmore (well so is penny).
what is hanso?

The Hanso Foundation is the financial backer of the Dharma initiative. Go to http://www.thehansofoundation.org for more details
bABALINA wrote:
its november and the island looks gorgeous. judging by the weather, the leaves and the time of year, where does it place it? certainly not the arctic i imagine.

I think the island is around the Antarctic, but the reason the weather is beautiful is because of meteorological experiments (Referenced in the orientation video). Also, Desmond said he went due West for two weeks and ended up back on the island. If we discount the possibility that he lied or that the island is somewhere not on Earth, the only logical explanation could be that he traveled around the world (and around Antarctic it's not that hard). Then again, he should've realized what he was doing.

Thu May 25, 2006 9:19 pm
no i mean seriously, i need explanations ...

i'm so confused ...

Good place to start is http://www.48156162342.com

Thu May 25, 2006 9:20 pm
Forum General

I hope the four-toed statue will be explained.

Although I am basing this on absolutely no knowledge of anything, I highly doubt the four-toed statue will be explained anytime soon. I think it's going to start being something like the black smoke. We get small revelations by different characters. In this case, stumbling acorss other pieces of the statue. I have a hunch the statue is going to play a large role in the whole mythology and epxlanation of the island.

I can't stop thinking about the finale. ;)

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Thu May 25, 2006 9:21 pm
Commander and Chef

i dont want to go to websites.

how do we know dharma was backed by hanso?

and how does whidmore fit in?

i went to the hanso site ... i didn't see much ...

how do we know what we know through the episodes?!!?

Thu May 25, 2006 9:22 pm
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

bABALINA wrote:

i'm so confused ...

and in any case, the link doesn't work.

Thu May 25, 2006 9:23 pm
Profile WWW
no no no. ...

Lazy man. You and your spoon-fed television.

Thu May 25, 2006 9:27 pm
Commander and Chef

bABALINA wrote:
no no no. ...

its a tv show. all clues should come from tv .. not websites. what would we do if there was no internet?

loyal, if you know the answer, then do tell. reply back.

Thu May 25, 2006 9:28 pm
Profile WWW
no no no. ...

It was revealed in the orientation video
bABALINA wrote:

Who knows. There are some items on the island that have Widmore Labs logo (Henry Gale's Bbaloon, Sun's pregnancy kit). Also, Charlie was doing a video shoot in front of a building that had "Widmore Construction" logo. Considering that Penelope knew how to look for the island, it wouldn't be that much of a stretch to think that Widmore is somehow connected to Hanso. Perhaps the company was subcontracted to build the hatches?
bABALINA wrote:

The website is part of the Lost Alternate Reality Game. There are lots of clues there, you just have to look.

Thu May 25, 2006 9:32 pm
Krem wrote:
bABALINA wrote:

i'm so confused ...

Wrong link.

http://www.4815162342.com

It's a discussion forum, but it has many of the answers you're looking for laid out.

Thu May 25, 2006 9:33 pm

its a tv show. all clues should come from tv .. not websites. what would we do if there was no internet?

The websites are an enhancement to the show, no more than that. You don't have to go there to get your answers, but it certainly makes the mythology of the show more intriguing.

Thu May 25, 2006 9:34 pm
loyalfromlondon wrote:
bABALINA wrote:
no no no. ...

no internet? :wacko:

You won't find any answers from me. I was already crucified here for my radical POV.

Maybe Lost Season II is like Buffy's Season IV (sans Hush, A New Man, and This Year's Girl)

Here's to Lost Season III :beer:

Thu May 25, 2006 9:35 pm
Commander and Chef

bABALINA wrote:

The websites are an enhancement to the show, no more than that. You don't have to go there to get your answers, but it certainly makes the mythology of the show more intriguing.

oh i'm not arguing that ...

i just wanted someone here to answer it ... that site on hanso you sent me wasn't a reply to my question .. i would have spent too much time just trying to figure out what i wanted to know in the first place.

Thu May 25, 2006 9:35 pm
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

bABALINA wrote:
Krem wrote:
bABALINA wrote:

i'm so confused ...

Wrong link.

http://www.4815162342.com

It's a discussion forum, but it has many of the answers you're looking for laid out.

i dont know why you can't just link me up to the relevant threads : (

Thu May 25, 2006 9:37 pm
Profile WWW
Go here: http://www.4815162342.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5661

Thu May 25, 2006 9:46 pm
Commander and Chef

where is andaroo when you need him.

dude ... can we go through a question and answer session on this? the finale is playing with my head.

Thu May 25, 2006 9:46 pm
Profile WWW
i think i'll just go drown some place.

where is andaroo when you need him.

dude ... can we go through a question and answer session on this? the finale is playing with my head.

I already answered your questions.

Thu May 25, 2006 9:50 pm
Teenage Dream

I haven't watched Lost since early season one, but it seems to have morphed into some gigantic scavanger hunt posing as a TV show. It seems to require by far the most effort ever to watch TV.

Don't you guys ever feel like you're being led around by your balls?

How funny would it be if the series finale was an "it was all just a dream" thing.

Thu May 25, 2006 9:51 pm
Commander and Chef

the whole key thing.

okay ...

so i dont get it.

the earth itself has some Electro magnetic properties at this place.
they built some crap around it
then there was some leak and an accident
and now to control the magnetism, they must discharge something every 108 minutes
they also have the option to turn a key which terminates something nad does something.

umm ...

Thu May 25, 2006 9:53 pm
Profile WWW
krem

the whole key thing.

okay ...

so i dont get it.

and now to control the magnetism, they must discharge something every 108 minutes
they also have the option to turn a key which terminates something nad does something.

umm ...

I think you got the gist of what was explained on the show. Now, as for theories whether this is all true or not - that's an entirely different story.

Thu May 25, 2006 9:54 pm
I haven't watched Lost since early season one, but it seems to have morphed into some gigantic scavanger hunt posing as a TV show. It seems to require by far the most effort ever to watch TV.

Don't you guys ever feel like you're being led around by your balls?

I don't understand what the problem is? Being entertained by TV alone is OK, but being entertained by the fusion of TV and the Internet makes one a moron?
makeshift wrote:
How funny would it be if the series finale was an "it was all just a dream" thing.

If that happens, you're going to die :-D

Thu May 25, 2006 9:55 pm
Commander and Chef

bABALINA wrote:
krem

the whole key thing.

okay ...

so i dont get it.

umm ...

I think you got the gist of what was explained on the show. Now, as for theories whether this is all true or not - that's an entirely different story.

well

could you replace the word 'crap', some, something and something with the real stuff so it actually starts to make sense?

cause i have no idea what turning that key did
i still dont understand what they built that leaked
and i still dont know how letting that thing count down to 108 is different from turning the key

Thu May 25, 2006 9:57 pm
Profile WWW
Teenage Dream

I'm not saying it makes you a moron, I just think you may be putting forth way more effort than will actually be necessary in the long run. We are, after all, discussing a TV show airing on ABC. Nothing that happens will not be eventually spoonfed to you at some point.

Oh, and bet me it's all just some characters dream. All Roseanne style and what not. I can't wait to see the reactions. The internet may actually stop for like a day due to nerd suicide.

Thu May 25, 2006 10:00 pm
Krem wrote:
bABALINA wrote:
krem

the whole key thing.

okay ...

so i dont get it.

umm ...

well

could you replace the word 'crap', some, something and something with the real stuff so it actually starts to make sense?

cause i have no idea what turning that key did
i still dont understand what they built that leaked
and i still dont know how letting that thing count down to 108 is different from turning the key
YOu have the same questions as everyone else. I guess they're going to be revealed later.

I just posted something in this threead. And yes, it involves going on a website.

Thu May 25, 2006 10:06 pm
I'm not saying it makes you a moron, I just think you may be putting forth way more effort than will actually be necessary in the long run. We are, after all, discussing a TV show airing on ABC. Nothing that happens will not be eventually spoonfed to you at some point.
So what's the problem with putting a lot of effort in? I'm having fun doing it, isn't that the whole purpose?

Thu May 25, 2006 10:07 pm
Teenage Dream

makeshift wrote:
So what's the problem with putting a lot of effort in? I'm having fun doing it, isn't that the whole purpose?

Are you still going to be having fun when they steal a plot point from Roseanne? :biggrin:

Thu May 25, 2006 10:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2603 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105  Next