Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 8:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Bride of Chucky 

What grade would you give this film?
A 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
B 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Bride of Chucky 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post Bride of Chucky
Bride of Chucky

Quote:
Bride of Chucky is a 1998 horror comedy film distributed by Universal Pictures. It is the fourth installment in the Child's Play film series. The film is written by Don Mancini and directed by Ronny Yu. It stars Jennifer Tilly (who plays and voices the titular character Tiffany) and Brad Dourif (who voices Chucky), as well as John Ritter, Katherine Heigl, and Nick Stabile.

The film marks the point where the Child's Play series takes a more humorous turn and often into self-referential parody. It doesn't continue on with the concept of a child victim in possession of the doll, thus the absence of Child's Play in the title. Bride of Chucky follows the events of Child's Play 3 in continuity, but not tonally or in a continuation of those films' overall plot (where Chucky pursued the character Andy Barclay). This film also marks Chucky's new permanent look, a more frightening appearance in which his face is covered in stitches, staples, and scars following his fate in Child's Play 3.

Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:59 pm
Profile WWW
Pure Phase

Post Re: Bride of Chucky
Easily the best and most accomplished of the franchise. Very clever and stylish blend of comedy and horror.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:17 pm
Defeats all expectations

I saw this multiple times when a cable channel kept looping it twice a day for a whole week. That was many years ago. I remember I enjoyed it.

Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:44 pm
Extraordinary

David wrote:
Easily the best and most accomplished of the franchise. Very clever and stylish blend of comedy and horror.

Exactly this.

Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:39 pm
You must have big rats

Yeah, it's a total blast.

Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:51 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Probably the most underrated film in the series. I always have a blast with it eventhough it gets pretty fucking crazy at times. A almost perfect blend of horror and comedy with a dark/sinister tone still in tack and THAT ending.

Am I honestly the only one who wasn't scared shitless when they first saw that ? Completely unexpected and I wish more horror movies had endings that memorable.

Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:48 pm
Extraordinary

I'm a big fan of Bride Of Chucky - - I believe I saw it three times during it's initial theatrical run. I'd have to see it again to give it a grade, but it'd be right up there in the pantheon of classics. It is truly a great movie.

Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]