Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part 

Grade?
A 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
B 71%  71%  [ 5 ]
C 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 7

The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part 
now we know

Post The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part

Quote:
The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part is a 2019 3D computer-animated adventure comedy produced by Warner Animation Group. A direct sequel to The Lego Movie (2014), it is the fourth film in the franchise, following the release of two spin-offs, The Lego Batman Movie and The Lego Ninjago Movie (both 2017).

The film is directed by Mike Mitchell, with Phil Lord and Christopher Miller (writers and directors of the first film) returning as producers and writers; animation direction is by Trisha Gum. It features the reprised roles of Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks, Will Arnett, Charlie Day, Alison Brie, Nick Offerman, and Will Ferrell, along with new additions to the cast including Tiffany Haddish, Stephanie Beatriz and Maya Rudolph.

Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:18 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Post Re: The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part
I liked it about as much as the first. It’s not as fresh obviously, and has too many songs, but I laughed more and thought the 4th wall breaking plots added to the story instead of undermining them.

Batman is still the best in the franchise though. My man!

Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:04 pm
now we know

I’ll admit it; I could not remember the first movie at all besides the last few minutes. But I remembered enjoying it. And I remembered the song, of course. Well, the second movie is great. And I actually think I’ll remember this one. The story concept is just much better, and the gags/references are nicely earned. How it makes that connection to the real world throughout is what I appreciated the most with this one. The “Undor of The Dryor System”, “The Sis-Star”, and “Ar-Mom-Geddon” are all silly when written down, but in the context of a fast-paced, hip LEGO movie they work tremendously well. Batman obviously takes centre-stage, but other areas of popular culture are nicely referenced too, including Superman, a Mad Max: Fury Road-esque deserted wasteland called“Apocalypse-burg”, and The Matrix trilogy. Oh, and there’s another funny song which, as hard as they tried, did not get stuck in my head.

I was entertained by it more than my son. He’s too young to understand the story and, at almost 2 hours, it’s too long for him to be gripped by the visuals. But he knows LEGO. Well, he knows of chunkier three-dimensional building blocks. He’s not been brainwashed by the branding machine as yet. But I digress; he had a good time as well.

It’s better than The LEGO Batman Movie by a mile, and it seems to have more substance than the first movie, which was fun but mostly just an unforgettable parade of gags.

Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:25 pm
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

Didn't love this as much as the first one, but it's a pretty fun film still. Batman is better in doses than when the film revolves around him, and the other characters are good in this too. It manages to be different enough to stand on its own, and the parody is just very solid. I think they went a bit too much on the lego and real world intertwining, made the plot kind of long winding, but all together it worked well enough. It's likeable for being plentiful of jokes.

B

Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:03 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

Yeah this was enjoyable! But didn't quite reach the level of the first one.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:50 pm
Indiana Jones IV

I loved the first one, and I think this is just as great. For some reason I didn't enjoy the wasteland stuff that much, but once the adventure really starts, it's one crazy ride. In fact I think the whole film is just incredibly weird and off-kilter, and I loved it for that. And despite being so bizarre on every level, it also manages to be perfectly coherent and logical. Which is no small feat. It's a shame that over-saturation apparently killed this franchise. I would like to see more.

Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:17 pm
Profile WWW
Defeats all expectations

It has a creative way to tell a story about sibling fights. It also acts as an interesting metaphor of our often misconception of The Other/foreign countries/perceived enemies.

74/100

Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]