Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Scream 2 

What grade would you give this film?
A 50%  50%  [ 14 ]
B 43%  43%  [ 12 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 28

Scream 2 
College Boy Z

Post Scream 2
Scream 2

Quote:
Scream 2 is a 1997 American slasher film, the second part of the Scream series. The events in the movie take place two years after those in the original. As with the other films in the series, Scream 2 combines straight-forward scares with dialogue that satirizes conventions of slasher films, especially (in this case) slasher film sequels.

Not as great as the original, but I still loved it. The killer could have been better, though. A-

Wed May 18, 2005 3:39 pm
Teenage Dream

A notch down from the original. Still a great horror flick. A

Wed May 18, 2005 10:13 pm
Forum General

I like Scream, but I actually thought this one was slicker and a lot more fun.

You guys remember the scene where the killer dashes into the sorority house in plain sight? That's, like, so minor, but seriously. That's one of my favorite horror film scenes ever.

A-

Thu May 19, 2005 1:17 am
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

Not as good as the original but its still good!

B/B+

Thu May 19, 2005 1:46 am
La Bella Vito

I didn't like it as much as the original, but its a pretty good sequel. Seeing Sarah Michelle Gellar was great, even though it was only brief. I liked the scene with Courtney Cox in the recording studio, that was intense and very well done. The opening sequence in this cannot compare to the opening in the original. It's just not as good. It lacks the suspense that the original had, but its still pretty good. I also really like the ending when Neve Campbell is just walking on the college campus, and the camera focuses further and further away from her, cool camera trick.

B+

Thu May 19, 2005 2:00 am
Profile YIM WWW
Horror Hound

The only sequel, i feel that truly lives up, and nearly surpasses it's predecessor.
Another one of my all time favourites.

A+

Tue May 31, 2005 11:04 am
You must have big rats

I don't agree with the consensus here. I think it was a pretty weak sequel with one of the killers being quite predictable from the begining of the movie on and the other being more of a deux ex machina type of a villain. Much lazier screenwriting this time around. This is not to say that the movie wasn't fun because it certainly was and it is almost as rewatchable as the original, but it is just not as clever, suspenseful or funny as the original while still trying to take itself half-seriously. A major disappointment.

Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:03 pm
Profile WWW
Teenage Dream

Simply put, better than the original. A lot of fun and one of the most rewatchable films of all time, in my opinion. Craven's direction is just as good, maybe a bit off. I actually prefer Williamson's script here. It's not as cutesy as the original, and there's a twist about half way through the film that shows such utter contempt for the audience and and a huge pair of you know what's. It's Randy's death, and it has to be applauded. The acting is uniformly better in this one, with David Arquette and Liev Schreiber giving above the call of duty performances. This is a well made, gutsy, gory, and fun film. The plot goes places you don't expect (mainly regarding who lives and dies). A-

Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:12 pm
You must have big rats

Randy's death was, indeed, one of the best staged scenes in the movie. I did expect him to die, though, they had to off a major character. I was surprised they did it early on, though.

But seriously, didn't anyone get sick of David Arquette being "killed" throughout the Scream franchise and still always miraculously survive?

Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:16 pm
Profile WWW
Teenage Dream

Randy's death was, indeed, one of the best staged scenes in the movie. I did expect him to die, though, they had to off a major character. I was surprised they did it early on, though.

But seriously, didn't anyone get sick of David Arquette being "killed" throughout the Scream franchise and still always miraculously survive?

I agree that the whole "but he's alive!" thing with Dewey was ridiculous, but admit it... when you thought he was killed, you were shocked. It was a superbly staged scene, too, with the whole sound proof glass bit. Classic stuff.

And yes, the Randy scene is one of the best scenes in horror film history in my book. Staged and executed perfectly.

Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:20 pm
You must have big rats

Dr. Lecter wrote:

I agree that the whole "but he's alive!" thing with Dewey was ridiculous, but admit it... when you thought he was killed, you were shocked. It was a superbly staged scene, too, with the whole sound proof glass bit. Classic stuff.

And yes, the Randy scene is one of the best scenes in horror film history in my book. Staged and executed perfectly.

Yeah, the sound proof glass idea was great, but the fact that he remained alive was very very VERY disappointed.

The Randy scene was great.

"Showgirls. Absolutely frightening."

I am a bit too harsh on the movie, yeah, but that is because it came off, what I consider, a masterpiece of horror. This is why I am pretty harsh on Nightmare on the Elm Street 2 as well (it deserves it, though).

Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:24 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

I think Scream 2 is actually nearly as good as the first one.

It's just as witty, but dragged down by a weak conclusion (Laurie Metcalf, meet Over The Top. Over The Top, meet Laurie Metcalf).

The Stab parodies are perfect.

B+

Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:49 am
Christian's #1 Fan

Very weak compared to the original. Still a fun film, just not up to the level of the original. B

Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:37 am
On autopilot for the summer

Better than the original, but I can see why this was disappointing to most. Anyone else watch the trailers, It was heavily marketed as a Randy film, and it ended up showing most of his scenes.

Randy was great. The death scenes were better, and Liev Schrieber was a great addition. Its a little more serious which I think is great about it. The strength of the series.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:13 pm
htm

Just as thrilling as the first, only with an improved script and score. Craven really shines here... probably the best slasher flick since Halloween. I loved it.

A-.

Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:03 am
All Star Poster

Not as good as the first, but still a pretty good sequel

B+

Gave the first one an A

Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:05 am
loyalfromlondon

Post Re: Scream 2
I thought this one was pretty lame and a big step down from the original. And not just 'cuz they killed off Randy or whatever.

The Scream movies progressively got a lot stupider and sillier, and it was really noticeable in this one. The first was clever and sly and (relatively) subtle. This one was none of those things. Really, really obvious.

Still loads better than the third, though.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:36 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

I think it's fantastic. One of my favorite sequels ever for sure. The first film is probably in my top ten of all-time, so I had lofty expectations for this one - thankfully I was not disappointed. The acting is better from the central leads this time around, and the chemistry between them feels a lot more authentic. In addition, it's consistently surprising with the twists and turns that it takes, never giving the audience a clue of what to expect. There are some incredibly intense sequences here too - I remember the cop car scene scared the living hell out of me the first time I saw this film. Definitely a great film and a worthy successor to the original. A

Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:56 am
Profile YIM
Extraordinary

A-

I think the original's a better movie, but I watch this one more often.

Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:58 am
100% That Bitch

A-

Not as good as the first one.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:52 pm
He didn't look busy?!

not as fresh as the original, but a very clever sequel nonetheless.

B+

Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:29 pm
Profile WWW
The Wall

8/10 -> B

It's just as smart (if not even smarter) than the first movie. It's rivaling the first movie in every aspect. But then again, while I enjoy these movies so much, I was torn again between the parody and horror aspects. They mesh so well here, but then again there's something wrong I just can't put my finger on it...

Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:24 pm
Profile WWW
No Wire Tampons!

B+

Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:50 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Very much worse than the original. D

Men in Black 3 Under 100m
Madagascar 3 Under 100m
Rise of the Guardians over 250m

Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:31 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

very boring. turned it off after 60 minutes.

Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:20 am
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next