Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Friend Request 

Rate This Film
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Friend Request 
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post Friend Request

Quote:
Friend Request (German title: Unfriend) is a psychological horror supernatural thriller film directed by Simon Verhoeven. With a screenplay by Matthew Ballen, Philip Koch and Verhoeven, the film stars Alycia Debnam-Carey, William Moseley, Connor Paolo, Brit Morgan, Brooke Markham, Sean Marquette, and Liesl Ahlers.

The film was released on 7 January 2016 in Germany by Warner Bros. Pictures, and is expected to be released in the Canada and the United States on October 7, 2016 by Freestyle Releasing.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:48 am
The Wall

Post Re: Friend Request
It's OK I guess? It doesn't bring anything new to the genre, it's a slight twist and mix of the Ringu idea and the witch movies but it's doesn't get boring at least. The acting is atrocious, the deaths are unimaginative, which is a shame as they could've done really cool death scenes considering people go into a trance and see weird stuff and all we get are the usual cliche's of themselves dead, creepy children, etc. All that does come into play later but it's still very much run of the mill horror story in that regard.

Also I'm not sure the ending worked good for this movie. It's very Japanese in a sense that evil gets the final say and it's not a happy ending, but it kind of doesn't sit well with the general atmosphere as it's not as dark as the Japanese do it.

Also whoever did the animated parts did a really good job. Would love to see a dark animated cartoon in that style.

** / ***** (D)

Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:21 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

FRIEND REQUEST

It was decent. Nothing amazing. I did like seeing Moseley back on the screen. I knew he looked familiar. The female lead looked familiar too. She's on FTWD and was in Into the Storm apparently. What I enjoyed most was the score. The music was good for this laid back horror film. I also liked the merging of animated imagery into the film and transitions. The film itself had it's 2 or 3 jump scares. Bleh but it was effective for the most part. For what it was, I was entertained. Won't buy it though.

Grade - B

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:32 pm
Pure Phase

A rote, but fairly enjoyable compilation of maximum-volume jump scares and tropes on loan from Japanese horror.

B-

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]