Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
C 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
D 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Let's Call It A Bromance

Post Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows

Quote:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows is a 2016 American 3D science fiction action comedy film directed by Dave Green and written by Josh Appelbaum and André Nemec, based on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles characters.

A sequel to 2014's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the film stars Megan Fox, Stephen Amell, Will Arnett, Brian Tee, Tyler Perry, Brittany Ishibashi and Laura Linney. Principal photography on the film began on April 27, 2015 in New York City. It is scheduled to be released in theaters on June 3, 2016, in 3D, RealD 3D, 4DX and in IMAX 3D in select international markets.

Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:59 pm
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

Post Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
If you can believe it, the original movie in this reboot series actually had a story which actually had a bit of honest to goodness gravitas to it. This sequel, not so much. Out of the Shadows is such a homogenized smoothie of a TMNT movie, that it sails passed in an empty headed reverie. It means no harm, but it's DOA. *D* (oh, eh)

Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:05 pm
Forum General

Silly, cheesy, corny, but mostly harmless and kinda fun.

B

Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:04 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Watchable for most of the runtime but around when they got to Brazil I found myself checking out.

Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:56 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

This is a bigger budgeted sequel but it comes out flat in terms of story. It is induced with Transformers hormones without doing any justice to the title. By the time the action sequences start you are already out of the movie and there is nothing that can bring you back even though the river rafting sequence is good.
This makes the first movie look good which had bigger sense of brotherhood concepts but this time around the leadership and team-contribution concepts are just a passing thought in two-three sentences. Its definitely more action oriented than first but there is nothing here to really enjoy even for fans.

3/10

Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:26 pm
The Kramer

I should have known better, but School of Movies gave this a thumbs up and I kinda liked the last one despite never been a huge fan of TMNT.

And this one isn't all bad. I liked Arrow's dorky action hero guy. I was actually really surprised when Shredder was betrayed and put on the bench for the finale. And the plot about Leo and Raph being conflicted on how to use the ooze helped both their characters.

Gosh the effects are so bad though and they constantly took me out of the movie. There's a scene at the beginning at MSG where they are clearly just watching someone play NBA 2K. And why make it look like your CGI characters are always on a green screen. What's the point of having cgi characters then? And I know its a kids movie, but I never felt like the writers were respecting the audience. Why reintroduce the turtles twice in a ten minute span??

So yeah. Decent sometimes, but still crap.

Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]