Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Unfriended 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 60%  60%  [ 3 ]
C 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 5

Unfriended 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post Unfriended
Unfriended

Quote:
Unfriended (originally released as Cybernatural, also known by its working title, Offline) is a 2014 American found footage supernatural teen horror film directed by Levan Gabriadze, written by Nelson Greaves, and produced by Timur Bekmambetov, Jason Blum, and Greaves.

The film premiered at the Fantasia Festival on July 20, 2014, and at SXSW on March 13, 2015. It will receive a theatrical release on April 17, 2015. The film stars Shelley Hennig as one of several friends who find themselves terrorized online by an anonymous person. A variation on the found footage genre, the entire film is "set" on a character's computer screen.

Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:42 pm
Profile WWW
Top Poster

Post Re: Unfriended
B, novelty in style and execution but screenplay kind of dumb

Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:28 am
Profile WWW
loyalfromlondon

viewtopic.php?t=75090

dumbass

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:18 pm
Sbil

A surprisingly effective scarefest for the digital age, Unfriended maximizes its unique computer screen layout to mix up some of the tiredness of the found footage film. Perhaps what's creepiest about the film, though, is showing the rot behind these teenagers' moral compasses. They all appear to be relatively normal kids, and the casual cruelty which leads to their Final Destination-style deaths seems more or less accurate to many of today's teens in our culture of bullying and shaming. B

Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:32 am
Extraordinary

lol, "We're not ghetto" was certainly golden.

I thought the movie succeeded in the format. As for exposition... eh. I thought we'd get a more in depth look into Laura and why she was so tormented but I guess there was no real time for that. It was pretty funny seeing that Jess girl on the sidelines going "uhhhh" during the whole reveal that Adam and Blaire hooked up. Overall it was watchable but nothing I'd think twice about.

Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:28 am
Extraordinary

I wish there was more Never Have I Ever and I wish the game had actually finished.

Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:26 pm
Forum General

I actually enjoyed this quite a bit more than I expected to. No, it's not scary in the slightest but it thankfully takes risks with its main characters, which I appreciated quite a bit. It was a nice little social commentary on teenagers in the "internet generation" and the Never Have I Ever sequence is actually quite thrilling. I could have done without the ending jump scene, as it did nothing for the film but overall I was quite impressed.

B+

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:08 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Let's Call It A Bromance

Magnus wrote:
probably the best comedy of 2015.

Magnus wrote:
the "never i have ever" part is utterly fantastic once Adam just goes complete rage mode. Dude just didn't give a fuck.

The Dark Shape wrote:
I wish there was more Never Have I Ever and I wish the game had actually finished.

I was in stitches with Never Have I Ever and the blender death scene did not disappoint. Wish I saw this with a large group of friends because I probably would have laughed even more.

Yeah this film is total shit but I'd re-watch just for the unintentional comedy. Also, Shelley Hennig is a total smokeshow.

Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:55 pm
Profile WWW
Pure Phase

A year after troubled teenager Laura Barns committed suicide, six of her "friends" find their evening of online camaraderie disrupted by an antagonistic and mysterious presence aware of their varying levels of complicity in the tragedy. Could the presence, they begin to wonder, be the ghost of Laura herself? Unfriended is an editorial triumph, creating a convincing cinematic interface simulating the program-to-program, messenger-to-messenger, information-superhighway-at-rush-hour frenzy of the online experience, particularly among teenagers for whom the Internet has always existed. It is an interesting experiment, a perfectly ugly and disorienting spectacle of typos, pixels, and screens within screens. My admiration for the unusual craft unfortunately outweighs my interest in the content: the film is never scary nor is the who-cyber-bullied-whom mystery highly involving (a few tense moments excepted), and the actors may prove too convincing as disloyal, entitled, hateful, screeching members of Generation Y, an audience the film is at once geared toward and obviously slightly disdainful of.

B-

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Sun May 10, 2015 1:06 am
Pure Phase

Oh, and this movie stumbles in the final 15 or so seconds. It is one where they seriously, seriously should not have gone for an easy final jump scare. The idea of Blaire having to face life after being revealed/humiliated (similar to what Laura presumably endured) is much more interesting and in line with the film's thematic core than having an actual ghost violently jump out at her for a standard-issue boo.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Sun May 10, 2015 5:53 pm
Forum General

It was ok, but I have to agree with Magnus that for the most part it's more funny than scary. There were a few legitimately suspenseful scenes, but I was surprised at how much I was laughing my ass off towards the end. The game they were forced to play was a brilliant idea and a thrilling sequence. It helps that none of these characters are the least bit likable, but that Adam dude was killing it lol!. I loved seeing them all rip each other pieces with melodrama and the deaths are actually well done too. The very last jump scare was weak as hell though.

Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:23 am
now we know

Apart from the very final shot, I thought it was an effective way to present this revenge/supernatural horror film. I'm sure it was more, but it looked as if it was made $50,000. Good performances all around (apart from Mitch) especially from whoever played Ken, and I think it's a special film. It's one of the pioneering films (along with Open Windows) in a genre that will eventually be a staple of the annual horror schedule. They made great use of the technology that we all use. My only gripe is that I wish it was longer and that we were forced to get more involved in their stories. Plus, I would have liked to see more stuff (more kills, more illicit videos etc.), and I didn't like the bad image quality on the Skype feed regardless of whether it is imitating reality. One interesting thing; where were their parents? They were all VERY loud, and was around 9:30pm. Some parents were out drinking, but not all of the parents were out together.

B

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:18 am
Profile WWW
Pure Phase

Parents were all out murdering the creepy school janitor.

Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:13 pm
Wallflower

Not scary at all, but pretty solid. I'd give it a B.

Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:30 am
now we know

David wrote:
Parents were all out murdering the creepy school janitor.

Ha, I just got this.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:48 am
Profile WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

It was nothing amazing but I enjoyed it. It was creative and different than the average slasher film and there were a few very tense sequences. B

Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:38 pm
Profile YIM
Dont Mess with the Gez

I like the innovative way they used the internet for this film but otherwise it wasn't scary at all and grew tiresome very quickly.

Grade : C-

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:54 pm
100% That Bitch

Lolol this movie. If based on how much fun i had while watching it it'd be an A+

But it's more like B, it's a must see horror for my generation, lol

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]