Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Silent Hill: Revelation 3D 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
D 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

loyalfromlondon

Post Silent Hill: Revelation 3D

Quote:
Silent Hill: Revelation 3D is a 2012 3D horror film directed and written by Michael J. Bassett and a sequel to the horror film Silent Hill. Revelation 3D stars Adelaide Clemens, Kit Harington, Deborah Kara Unger, Martin Donovan, Malcolm McDowell, Carrie-Anne Moss, and Sean Bean, and is based on the survival horror video game Silent Hill 3 by Konami. Revelation 3D's plot follows teenager Heather Mason (Adelaide Clemens) who discovers on the eve of her eighteenth birthday that her presumed identity is false and as a result is drawn to an alternate dimension existing in the fictitious American town of Silent Hill.

The film was released on 26 October 2012.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:09 am
Pure Phase

Post Re: Silent Hill: Revelation 3D
This is without a doubt an inferior sequel, at least in my opinion. The first cinematic Silent Hill adaptation, from the director of Brotherhood of the Wolf and the co-writer of Pulp Fiction, is flawed, but plays as a real, atmospheric, rigorous genre film. Revelation, coming over half a decade later and made for just 20 million versus the first film's 50, plays much more as a standard video game movie. Slow burning suspense is replaced by mile-a-minute pacing. It is short on character development, but long on arcane in-universe mythology. The small number of action set pieces unfold as if they were standalone levels of a survival-horror video game, not part of a consistent and sound film. To its credit, the Silent Hill universe's various creatures and nightmare visions, including, of course, the nurses, still have a definite power, and the film's 3-D visuals are often astounding. I just wish it were conceived with more intelligence, inspiration, and storytelling flair.

C

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:08 am
Wallflower

Yawn. I didn't like the first, but at least it had good atmosphere. I found this pretty boring. The best thing about it is Adelaide Clemens. She's not a revelation (ha) or anything, but I liked her. Now I do believe the biggest reason for that is her uncanny resemblance to Michelle Williams, who is one of my favorites. Seriously. All I could see when looking at her is Michelle. She's like her doppelganger.

Anyway, Silent Hill: Revelation is a very forgettable movie. They can lay this movie series to rest now. And judging by the Box Office of this sequel they will be doing just that. Though I could see them doing a third film if it were a Direct-to-DVD release.

4/10 (D+)

Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:24 am
Forum General

My boyfriend blind bought this because he loved the first and I got so bored and didn't finish it. :P

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:49 am
Profile YIM WWW
We had our time together

I'm one of the fans of the first but this one was just crap. The lead girl was a bad casting choice. She was horrible and Jon Snow wasn't worth talking about either.

Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:35 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

I found this entertaining enough. I wasn't big on the first one and I am not big on this one either. Both B- for me.

Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:44 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]