Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Little Fockers 

What grade would you give this film?
A 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
B 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
C 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
D 43%  43%  [ 3 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 7

Little Fockers 
loyalfromlondon

Post Little Fockers
Little Fockers

Quote:
Little Fockers (known as Meet the Parents: Little Fockers in the United Kingdom and Southeast Asia) is a 2010 American comedy film and sequel to Meet the Parents (2000) and Meet the Fockers (2004). It stars Robert De Niro, Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, Blythe Danner, Teri Polo, Dustin Hoffman and Barbra Streisand. The first film in the series not to be directed by Jay Roach, it is instead directed by Paul Weitz with Roach as one of the producers. Likewise Stephen Trask, a relative newcomer, takes over composing duties from veteran Randy Newman. In addition to the original cast, Little Fockers features Jessica Alba, Laura Dern and Harvey Keitel.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:20 am
Forum General

Post Re: Little Fockers
Saw it with a double. The Fighter. So it was worth the 0 admission price.

Anyway, pretty average with some good parts but as I like the characters, (especially DeNiro) it was OK to end the series.

PS. Owen Wilson character was horribly written in this movie. Just want to pound him, like I do to Dippy most days.

And Alba had 1 very funny scene.

Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:32 pm
Forum General

I've heard nothing but bad things about this. ;) I loved the first one, hated the second and I'm sure I'll find this even worse. I may just skip it all together.

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Sbil

I wanted mindless entertainment tonight and I got it. Serviceable and absolutely nothing more. C+

Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:59 pm
We had our time together

One of the worst movies of the year. Awful from beginning to end. D-

Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:06 am
Profile WWW
Z

Location: Wherever he went, including here, it was against his better judgment.
I expect 160 out of 5.

Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:13 am
Profile WWW
Gamaur's sex slave

Argos wrote:
I expect 160 out of 5.

And 0.5 out of 5 for The King's Speech.

Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:48 am
Superman: The Movie

I'm usually very forgiving when it comes to comedies, but with the talent involved, it's just inexcusable and inexplicable as to how this turned out to be such a gigantic piece of shit. Then again, name any comedy film series that went for at least three films and had a third film that was any good (the only one I can think of is American Wedding...Goldmember was tolerable for the first hour).

The movie just coasts along, expecting us to laugh. I think I laughed twice (?) and both were at things shown in both the trailers and TV commercials. I saw the film yesterday with a mostly filled crowd that was just waiting to laugh, and never at one point was there one burst of laughter out of them. I still remember to this day seeing the first film in theaters and the massive roar the crowd let out when Jinxy went to the bathroom on Jack's mother's ashes after Greg knocked it to the floor with the cork. There's nothing in this film that came close to getting a laugh that big.

And for a film that's supposed to center around the kids, why was the main plot involving them dropped? Is it ever explained whether or not Kevin was able to smooth things over? You'd think they'd be shoe-in's once the kid fell and broke his arm. It's just forgotten about. As a matter of fact, that's how I felt about most of the film. It's just north of 90 minutes, yet it feels like an hour was completely missing. How else would you explain Harvey Keitel, Laura Dern, and Dustin Hoffman being credited, but only getting two scenes worth of time in the thing?

It's lazy, it feels rushed, it felt chopped to pieces, but worst of all it's just not funny.

½* (D-)

Parents - ***½ (A-)
Fockers - *** (B)

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:13 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Jmart wrote:
I'm usually very forgiving when it comes to comedies, but with the talent involved, it's just inexcusable and inexplicable as to how this turned out to be such a gigantic piece of shit. Then again, name any comedy film series that went for at least three films and had a third film that was any good (the only one I can think of is American Wedding...Goldmember was tolerable for the first hour).

The movie just coasts along, expecting us to laugh. I think I laughed twice (?) and both were at things shown in both the trailers and TV commercials. I saw the film yesterday with a mostly filled crowd that was just waiting to laugh, and never at one point was there one burst of laughter out of them. I still remember to this day seeing the first film in theaters and the massive roar the crowd let out when Jinxy went to the bathroom on Jack's mother's ashes after Greg knocked it to the floor with the cork. There's nothing in this film that came close to getting a laugh that big.

And for a film that's supposed to center around the kids, why was the main plot involving them dropped? Is it ever explained whether or not Kevin was able to smooth things over? You'd think they'd be shoe-in's once the kid fell and broke his arm. It's just forgotten about. As a matter of fact, that's how I felt about most of the film. It's just north of 90 minutes, yet it feels like an hour was completely missing. How else would you explain Harvey Keitel, Laura Dern, and Dustin Hoffman being credited, but only getting two scenes worth of time in the thing?

It's lazy, it feels rushed, it felt chopped to pieces, but worst of all it's just not funny.

½* (D-)

Parents - ***½ (A-)
Fockers - *** (B)

Well mostly agree except I got some more laughs out of it.

On Hoffman, he was a late sign and added at the end. Think his scenes were re-shot.

Keital was a waste and should have been cut.

Owen Wilson was written badly but should have been given a better ending.

Laura Dern was OK to have in it but should have been written better.

Alba was needed to throw DeNiro off track.

Anyway, just a third film to end the series. Which was OK. As Libs said, serviceable.

But they did leave the door open for a 4th with Gregs family moving to the same block?

Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:17 am
College Boy Z

Eh, it's pretty funny, especially for the third entry in this series.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:06 am
Extraordinary

Surprise, surprise, surprise!

Little Fockers is out there.

...and I mean this in the highest comedic sense.

I don't even think you could invite the Fockers or the Gaylords to Dinner For Schmucks - - this film captures the comedy crown for 2010 - - Little Fockers Rulez!!! (Check back in 25 years, skeptics!)

I grade this film a startlingly hilarious:

@%*&# ^%@$%# &#$ & out of 5.

Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:28 am
Veteran

what a shocking review!!

Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:55 pm
Profile WWW
Let's Call It A Bromance

Remember when there was the great breakout comedy Meet the Parents? It was a very funny and one of last decade's best comedies bringing together some of the biggest talent in Hollywood. Then there was a potent sequel that had some of what everyone loved of the first but there were some signs of desperation. Now we get Little Fockers and it is just too much of the same thing. This newest installment takes the Jack Bayer spy stint to just a ridiculous level. His actions aren't as clever and his responses are just embarrassing. Then the "Focker" joke just got tired out here. Ben Stiller tries his hardest to be funny here and at times he does have a good joke or two, but this train of a franchise has long passed. Also was it really necessary to bring Owen Wilson back again to do just the same exact thing? No. it has some parts but nowhere near what made the first two what they were. *1/2

Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:10 am
Profile WWW
now we know

I enjoy films like this; the light, bright, family humour, and the clear and devoid of atmosphere aesthetic...it's delightful and very accessible. De Niro is fantastic as Jack Byrnes, and Dustin Hoffman excels as Grandpa Focker in a small role. Stiller is Stiller, nothing changes there. Jessica Alba was smoking hot, and Teri Polo just gets lost like in the previous two. The film was predictable and not overly funny (I laughed about 3 times), but it was light and pleasant enough and that's all I hoped for. The film ended on an interesting note in that I feel the next one (if it ever gets made, which I doubt) will be a feature-length remake of Everybody Loves Raymond.

The fight between Gregg and Jack in the ball pit, and its nod to Jaws, was epic. I thought that was cool. Wilson was good as always. This whole trilogy is just fun and I like it. Probably the weakest one of the three.

B-

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:48 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]