Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Digging to China 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

Digging to China 
College Boy Z

Post Digging to China

Quote:
Digging to China is a 1998 American drama film that marked the directorial debut of actor Timothy Hutton and the screen debut of Evan Rachel Wood. The screenplay by Karen Janszen focuses on the friendship forged between a precocious pre-teenaged girl with a vivid imagination and a mentally-challenged adult male.

Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:00 pm
La Bella Vito

This movie is nothing short of amazing. Evan Rachel Wood makes her debut in this hugely underrated movie. Where do I start? This movie is so touching. It has incredible performances, especially from Kevin Bacon, Mary Stuart Masterson, and Evan Rachel Wood. A lot of people rave about ERW performance in Thirteen, but if you watch this film she is just as much impressive in this role. She's such a talented actress, and she has a very bright future ahead of her. I don't want to give away that much details about this film, because I would rather you go out, rent it, and view it for yourself. Basically, its about this little girl played by Wood that meets a retarded man played by Bacon, and they form a friendship, and confide in each other. Her mother played by Masterson doesn't like this, and repeatedly tells Wood that she is not allowed to see him, but of course she doesn't listen, and continues to hang out with him. It's a very touching movie, and I just love everything about it. The ending is bittersweet, and I like it a lot. Cathy Moriarity is also very good, but she's not in the film that long. I would recommend this to anyone that is a fan of Evan Rachel Wood. You can witness first hand her debut performance, and watch her craft as an actress unfold. It's too bad this film was ignored by the academy. I definitely think it is Oscar worthy, and it's a very emotional movie, that will touch you in more ways than one. Please go rent it now!

A+

Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:18 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]