Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 The September Issue 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

The September Issue 

Post The September Issue
The September Issue

Quote:
The September Issue is a 2009 American documentary film about the behind-the-scenes drama that follows editor-in-chief Anna Wintour and her staff during the production of the September 2007 issue of American Vogue magazine. The film is directed by R.J. Cutler and produced by Eliza Hindmarch and Sadia Shepard.

The movie was released in American theaters on August 28, 2009. It was released in Australia on August 20, 2009 after being screened at numerous film festivals including Sundance, Zurich, Silverdocs and Sheffield Doc/Fest.

Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:01 am
Profile WWW
i break the rules, so i don't care

Post Re: The September Issue
B

The "real" Devil Wears Prada Anna Wintour comes off remarkably likeable in this doco. She may have toned it down on purpose, but who really knows.

Her long-time friend and colleague Grace steals the film. Tale of 2 ultimately depressing women planning an epic issue of Vogue.

What Wintour has to say about people who despise fashion at the beginning is surprisingly enlightening and spot on.

Tedious at times, this doco does have some interesting insights into why Wintour is such an influential person.

Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:44 pm
ef star star kay

This documentary didn't give me anything new about what I've already known about Anna Wintour. And I don't think it has given the viewer a deep insight into the fashion world either. Those who don't get 'fashion', this film won't change their points of view. And anyone who expects that, prepare to be disappointed. Since it is much much bigger than that. It's a fascinating story of two working women who, despite all kind of differences, are needed by each other. It's a friendship tale, kind of. It's fun and deeply touching. This could even be called 'Anna & Grace'! The viewer may not fully get 'fashion'. But after watching this, next time you hold a fashion magazine, you'll be reminded of the hard work behind it. You'll know, it ain't just about 'dressing pretty'. A-

Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:20 pm
The Wall

6/10 -> C

It doesn't portray Anna Wintour at all. It doesn't give a better insight into the fashion magazine editing world than Ugly Betty. But it has a person named Grace. Without her this movie would have no center of interest or emotion for the viewer.

Also despite Anna's big speech at the very beginning she does very little to show that fashion is not as blatant as most people make it out to be. But there's our saving Grace to show us there's heart to it after all.

Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:33 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]