Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:04 am



Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Envy 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
C 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
D 38%  38%  [ 3 ]
F 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 8

 Envy 
Author Message
College Boy Z

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:40 pm
Posts: 36662
Post Envy
Envy

Image

Quote:
Envy is a 2004 American comedy film directed by Barry Levinson. It stars Ben Stiller and Jack Black.


Last edited by zingy on Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:06 pm
Profile
College Boy Z

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:40 pm
Posts: 36662
Post 
Ben Stiller and Jack Black's worst movies. It doesn't get worse than this in the comedy genre. One of the worst of 2004.

D


Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:20 pm
Profile
now we know
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:31 pm
Posts: 63719
Post 
Envy - B-

Not LOL funny, but still a nice little comedy. I like to see Ben Stiller and Jack Black in other stuff for a change, and this was a nice suprise. Ben Stiller wasnt his best, but Jack Black was.

_________________
#RAMBO5 ... 20th SEPTEMBER 2019


Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:51 am
Profile
Teenage Dream
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:13 pm
Posts: 10559
Post 
Horrible dumb movie.

Envy - D


Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:17 am
Profile
We had our time together
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:36 am
Posts: 13203
Location: Vienna
Post 
By far not as bad as others say. B


Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:03 pm
Profile WWW
Teenage Dream
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:13 pm
Posts: 10559
Post 
It sucks! Worst Ben Stiller movie of 2004!


Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:41 pm
Profile
Sbil
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:38 pm
Posts: 48356
Location: Multi-tasking
Post 
A disaster of staggering proportions. Seriously, who greenlighted this? Other than Van Helsing, I don't think I had a more painful movie experience last year. F


Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:43 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:28 pm
Posts: 92093
Location: Bonn, Germany
Post 
Libs wrote:
A disaster of staggering proportions. Seriously, who greenlighted this? Other than Van Helsing, I don't think I had a more painful movie experience last year. F


So I take it as you haven't seen Scooby Doo 2 and Garfield...

_________________
The greatest thing on earth is to love and to be loved in return!

Image


Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:04 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:38 pm
Posts: 48356
Location: Multi-tasking
Post 
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Libs wrote:
A disaster of staggering proportions. Seriously, who greenlighted this? Other than Van Helsing, I don't think I had a more painful movie experience last year. F


So I take it as you haven't seen Scooby Doo 2 and Garfield...


Oh, I actually saw Scooby-Doo 2 on DVD a while ago. It was pretty bad, but nowhere near Envy. It was directed at children, after all.


Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:27 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:40 pm
Posts: 36662
Post 
Envy is bad. It's not "Pluto Nash" bad, but it's bad.


Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:29 pm
Profile
You must have big rats
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:28 pm
Posts: 92093
Location: Bonn, Germany
Post 
Libs wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Libs wrote:
A disaster of staggering proportions. Seriously, who greenlighted this? Other than Van Helsing, I don't think I had a more painful movie experience last year. F


So I take it as you haven't seen Scooby Doo 2 and Garfield...


Oh, I actually saw Scooby-Doo 2 on DVD a while ago. It was pretty bad, but nowhere near Envy. It was directed at children, after all.


I haven't seen Envy, but Scooby Doo 2 is one of the 10 worst movies I have seen in my entire life. There are movies that are bad, but at least so-bad-it's-almost-good (i.e. unintentionally funny). Scooby Doo 2 is not even one of that kind... I saw the first 10 minutes of Envy and it seemed okay-ish to me.

_________________
The greatest thing on earth is to love and to be loved in return!

Image


Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:33 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:53 pm
Posts: 8593
Location: Syracuse, NY
Post 
I quite enjoyed ENVY. I'm not sure if I would buy it (I might if it's ever in the $5 bin at Wal-Mart or something) but I didn't mind watching it. It's seriously underrated. I thought it would be one of the worst movies ever, though it has little or no plot, I would never say I "hate" it.

7/10 (B)

_________________
Top 10 Films of 2016

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water


Last edited by movies35 on Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:34 am
Profile YIM WWW
Cream of the Crop
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:40 pm
Posts: 2987
Location: Free Country, USA
Post 
Bad movie, with the exception of Christopher Walken, who I find funny in every comedic role I've seen him in.
C+

_________________
"How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice litte story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for 3 years? Got a, got a compelling protaganist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Working on, working on that for quite some time?"

Battle of the 2005 movies - Vote Now!


Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:43 pm
Profile WWW
now we know
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:31 pm
Posts: 63719
Post 
Walken was the worst part.

_________________
#RAMBO5 ... 20th SEPTEMBER 2019


Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:22 pm
Profile
Wallflower
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:53 am
Posts: 33474
Location: Minnesota
Post 
ENVY (2004)

I didn't think it could be this horrible! I know everyone said it was and it did look bad from the previews, but I still didn't think it could be THIS bad. OH MY GOD! It was so awful! It was incredibly unfunny and boring. Atrocious! The worst movie of 2004! I was tired and kept wanting to shut it off and just go to bed but since I was paying an extra day for it I was determined to finish it. Ugh! Terrible! What in the hell was everyone involved in this thinking?!

Grade: 2/10 (F)

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:18 pm
Profile
Killing With Kindness
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:57 pm
Posts: 24989
Location: Anchorage,Alaska
Post 
Mike wrote:
ENVY (2004)

I didn't think it could be this horrible! I know everyone said it was and it did look bad from the previews, but I still didn't think it could be THIS bad. OH MY GOD! It was so awful! It was incredibly unfunny and boring. Atrocious! The worst movie of 2004! I was tired and kept wanting to shut it off and just go to bed but since I was paying an extra day for it I was determined to finish it. Ugh! Terrible! What in the hell was everyone involved in this thinking?!

Grade: 2/10 (F)


for me it would be undoubtably Napoleon Dynamite, it is the most over rated peice of garbage i have ever seen.

BJs grade for Envy:

F

horible film

Bjs Grade for Napoleon Dynamite:

F-

if there is anything lower than a F- this film is there.

_________________
The Force Awakens

Image


Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:41 pm
Profile WWW
Wallflower
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:53 am
Posts: 33474
Location: Minnesota
Post 
BJ wrote:
Mike wrote:
ENVY (2004)

I didn't think it could be this horrible! I know everyone said it was and it did look bad from the previews, but I still didn't think it could be THIS bad. OH MY GOD! It was so awful! It was incredibly unfunny and boring. Atrocious! The worst movie of 2004! I was tired and kept wanting to shut it off and just go to bed but since I was paying an extra day for it I was determined to finish it. Ugh! Terrible! What in the hell was everyone involved in this thinking?!

Grade: 2/10 (F)


for me it would be undoubtably Napoleon Dynamite, it is the most over rated peice of garbage i have ever seen.

BJs grade for Envy:

F

horible film

Bjs Grade for Napoleon Dynamite:

F-

if there is anything lower than a F- this film is there.


I do agree that NAPOLEON DYNAMITE is highly overrated and incredibly unfunny. It's one of the most overrated movies of 2004, second only to THE PASSION OF THE CHRISTINA AGUILERA. I found it terribly unfunny and obnoxious with annoying and unlikable characters (Tina Majorino's was fine though, but the main character was the biggest loser and I didn't feel bad for him because he didn't have to act so stupid, but he did, and I wouldn't want to be around him either. He was so annoying that I wanted him to die and be put out of his misery and so I could be put out of mine and the movie would end. He's such a loser that even regular losers wouldn't want to hang out with him). I liked the ending though and the song "The Promise" by When In Rome, but other than that I'm awfully annoyed by its undeserved popularity.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:52 pm
Profile
Killing With Kindness
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:57 pm
Posts: 24989
Location: Anchorage,Alaska
Post 
Mike wrote:
BJ wrote:
Mike wrote:
ENVY (2004)

I didn't think it could be this horrible! I know everyone said it was and it did look bad from the previews, but I still didn't think it could be THIS bad. OH MY GOD! It was so awful! It was incredibly unfunny and boring. Atrocious! The worst movie of 2004! I was tired and kept wanting to shut it off and just go to bed but since I was paying an extra day for it I was determined to finish it. Ugh! Terrible! What in the hell was everyone involved in this thinking?!

Grade: 2/10 (F)


for me it would be undoubtably Napoleon Dynamite, it is the most over rated peice of garbage i have ever seen.

BJs grade for Envy:

F

horible film

Bjs Grade for Napoleon Dynamite:

F-

if there is anything lower than a F- this film is there.


I do agree that NAPOLEON DYNAMITE is highly overrated and incredibly unfunny. It's one of the most overrated movies of 2004, second only to THE PASSION OF THE CHRISTINA AGUILERA. I found it terribly unfunny and obnoxious with annoying and unlikable characters (Tina Majorino's was fine though, but the main character was the biggest loser and I didn't feel bad for him because he didn't have to act so stupid, but he did, and I wouldn't want to be around him either. He was so annoying that I wanted him to die and be put out of his misery and so I could be put out of mine and the movie would end. He's such a loser that even regular losers wouldn't want to hang out with him). I liked the ending though and the song "The Promise" by When In Rome, but other than that I'm awfully annoyed by its undeserved popularity.


Im glad to see that someone agrees with me :smile:

_________________
The Force Awakens

Image


Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:24 pm
Profile WWW
Wallflower
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:53 am
Posts: 33474
Location: Minnesota
Post 
Ditto! :smile:

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:30 pm
Profile
Forum General
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:53 pm
Posts: 8593
Location: Syracuse, NY
Post 
Wowzers Mike, I didn't think you'd hate it that much :shock: I bought it, it was only $10 or something. I haven't watched it again yet but I will probably over Spring Break with my friends, some of them are dying to see it. Why can't they be dying to see something better? Not that it's a bad movie but it's not something anyone (or so I thought) would want to see really bad.

_________________
Top 10 Films of 2016

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water


Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:31 am
Profile YIM WWW
New Server, Same X
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:07 pm
Posts: 27728
Location: ... siiiigh...
Post 
Spider-Man wrote:
It sucks! Worst Ben Stiller movie of 2004!


:lol: It's pretty sad when Ben Stiller has enough movies in 2004 to classify himself as his own film category.

_________________
Ecks Factor: Cancelled too soon


Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:04 pm
Profile
Rachel McAdams Fan
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:13 am
Posts: 13798
Location: New York, NY
Post 
The second worst film of 2004 (right after WELCOME TO MOOSEPORT). Absolutely atrocious!

4/10 (D+)


Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:30 pm
Profile YIM WWW
You must have big rats
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:28 pm
Posts: 92093
Location: Bonn, Germany
Post 
D+

Well, I'm in agreement with most others here. I have finally rented it and watched fully.

This movie is really an unique achievement. How is it possible to have a movie starring two of the best comedians out there (Stiller and Black) and the movie still being not funny whatsoever. This is a fatal flaw of every comedy - not being funny. Black's, Weisz' and Stiller's acting was mediocre, but still saved the movie from being one of the worst ever. It still easily enters the list of the worst movies in its year. Really, there are barely any jokes and all of the jokes that are in it fall flat. I usually like Walken, but he was a total, unnecessary waste in this one.

_________________
The greatest thing on earth is to love and to be loved in return!

Image


Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:14 am
Profile WWW
Team Kris
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:02 pm
Posts: 27584
Location: The Damage Control Table
Post 
The only time I remember falling asleep in a movie was this. Christopher Walken was just beyond bizarre in this movie.

F

I'd give it a G if I had to...

_________________
A hot man once wrote:
Urgh, I have to throw out half my underwear because it's too tight.


Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:33 pm
Profile
All Star Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:57 am
Posts: 4669
Location: Anchorage, AK
Post 
an incredibly bad film, one of the worst comedies ever, it wasnt funny in any way, its just as annoying and stupid as Napoleon Dynamite

almost Intolerable

F

_________________
My Most anticipated films of 2015


Image


Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:50 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.