Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Chaos Theory 

What grade would you give this film?
A 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 6

Chaos Theory 

Post Chaos Theory

Quote:
Chaos Theory is a 2007 comedy-drama film starring Ryan Reynolds, Stuart Townsend, Emily Mortimer, and Sarah Chalke. The film was written by Daniel Taplitz and Kathy Gori and was shot in Vancouver, Canada.

Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:46 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post Re: Chaos Theory
Flat out amazing.

Ryan Reynolds WILL win an Oscar. Probably not for this film... but soon. He is an AMAZING actor.

It had laughs. It had moments that tore through me. It was quite powerful yet it didn't take itself seriously.

Best movie of the year.

9.5/10 A

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:20 pm
Grill

Love the love for it Chip!

I bumped it up to a 9. I had it at an 8.5 but just Ryan Renyolds alone is a 9. He is wonderful in this film. Some parts that bothered me were the sub plot with Stuwert Townsend and the ending was a little little little meh. It had me laughing a lot.

"Oh, THAT baby."

I agree he NEEDS to win an oscar sooner or later.

Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:27 am
Stanley Cup

i need to see this film. Of course arkansas doesnt have it. Does anyone know how limited of a release it is in?

Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:01 pm
Superman: The Movie

Maybe it's because it's so early in the morning and my mind isn't exactly on a critical track, but damnit if I don't have a complaint about this film. And damnit if Ryan Reynolds is not shaping out to be a very good actor. And I don't even mean that with the slightest hint of sarcasm. I agree with Chip and Moviegeek, I could see him winning an Oscar one day with the right part. It's amazing, he started off his career as the 21st century Chevy Chase and right when he was starting out, that was a compliment. He had/has that same kind of sarcastically funny persona that Chase had and I'm sure in his mind, still has. But unlike Chase, Reynolds is actually developing as an actor. He has some range. As I'm writing this, I can't even believe I'm talking about the same Ryan Reynolds. I'm sure some people out of the handful who do read this will just sit at their screen gawking as I write on, but he is very good. He was very good in Definitely, Maybe and he's even better here. He carries the film and with some great supporting work, Chaos Theory turned out to be a damn good surprise. If you become invested in the story and buy into enough of it (the Townsend subplot bugged me at first, but it works looking back on it - he's just trying to do the right thing) you'll most likely like it. I liked the "journey" (I hate that word when it comes to describing a character's arc. I'm just too tired to think of another word) that Frank takes, and it becomes even better a second time (the DVD repeats itself and I'm too lazy to get up - I plan on falling asleep) when you realize what's going on with his daughter's wedding and the fiance. If you watch it the first time you think the fiance and Frank are just having a talk. And give a big credit to the editor or screenwriter. The films runs a brisk 83 minutes and manages to cram a lot of story in there.

In short becuase I want to go to sleep, Chaos Theory is a great surprise and one of the best films of the year.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:57 am
Profile WWW
The Wall

4/10 -> D

It was flat out boring. The actors try but the story is so cringeworthy there's no way of saving it. I was terribly disappointed with this movie.

Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:45 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

It's pretty good. The first half kept me engaged more than the second as it's a tad inconsistent. It unevenly switches between comedy and drama, but I still enjoyed it for what it was. It feels a bit formulaic in terms of film-making - I swear we get a couple of films like this every year - however I dug the crossed wires plot in general.

Chippy wrote:
Ryan Reynolds WILL win an Oscar. Probably not for this film... but soon.

...only fifteen years and counting, lol

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue May 16, 2023 4:14 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]