Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 I Know What You Did Last Summer 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 4 ]
C 38%  38%  [ 3 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 8

Post I Know What You Did Last Summer

Quote:
I Know What You Did Last Summer is a 1997 American horror film. The film stars Jennifer Love Hewitt, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Ryan Phillippe and Freddie Prinze Jr.. The screenplay was written by Kevin Williamson, writer of Scream, and very loosely based on Lois Duncan's popular novel of the same title. The film was followed by two sequels, I Still Know What You Did Last Summer and the straight-to-DVD release I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer. The latter film did not star any of the cast from the previous two.

The film received mixed reviews from critics. However, the film was highly successful, grossing $125,500,000 at the box office. It was also nominated for and won multiple awards. As a result the film has been parodied and referenced in popular culture.

Thu May 31, 2007 6:42 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Somewhat enjoyable. It's better than the original F13, The Grudge, and Hostel, if we put the trashed copycat films in one grouping.

Thu May 31, 2007 2:29 pm
Sbil

Not terrible for a teen slasher (granted, this was only the first one after Scream and was before the glut of them).

A movie like this would probably have worked better more as a drama about guilt and its implications (like the original novel by Lois Duncan was more like), but, whatever.

Sarah Michelle Gellar's chase scene around the department store is by far the most memorable sequence.

B-

Thu May 31, 2007 5:29 pm
problem?

Sarah Michelle Gellar's chase scene around the department store is by far the most memorable sequence.

I love her chase scene, one of my fav horror movie chase scenes, in my top five if I ever made a list. But gaaawwddd she was stupid. She was 30 feet from a huge crowd and she STOPPED. I wouldn't stop running if Jesus came down out of the sky with 0 calorie pizza and ice cream.

B. I like the sequel just as much, it's not as smart but I thought it was more entertaining. The less Freddie Prince Jr. the better.

Last edited by Korrgan on Thu May 31, 2007 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 31, 2007 6:28 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

7.4/10 C

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu May 31, 2007 6:29 pm
Stanley Cup

F.

Thu May 31, 2007 6:34 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Enjoyable, and I can watch it whenever I see it on without wanting to change the channel.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu May 31, 2007 7:23 pm
Profile WWW
On autopilot for the summer

The best of the post scream slasher films, and its most likely because they had the same writer as the first two screams

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Thu May 31, 2007 7:58 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

I love this one. It's incredibly well-done, and easily the best slasher film that appeared after the success of Scream. Sarah Michelle Gellar was awesome here and her chase sequence is one of my favorites in terms of horror films.

A-

Thu May 31, 2007 10:35 pm
Profile YIM
College Boy Z

It's less memorable than Scream, but definitely a great slasher flick.

B+

Thu May 31, 2007 11:02 pm
Extraordinary

It's less memorable than Scream, but definitely a great slasher flick.

B+

See more slasher flicks.

C

Thu May 31, 2007 11:25 pm
life begins now

Wasn't bad by any means, probably helped by being before the flood of them.

B-

Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:16 am
Profile YIM
Indiana Jones IV

What shocked me at the time were the legs on this film -- this film had damn good legs. That said, it's an ok film. I didn't find it spectacular, but it wasn't mind numbingly awful either.

The film did have a cute cast; I thought Gellar pulled off the long hair well.

I saw this when I was in high school and liked it theatrically. Saw it later on DVD, and it came off less fun. However, there are much worse choices: Its sequel, for example.

Theatrical viewing: B
DVD viewing: C

Scream, Scream 2, IKWYDLS, and H20 were the four slasher films that gained my attention back then. That's not saying I liked them all, but they were probably the most looked forward to "horror" films at the time.

Last edited by coolmoviedude999 on Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:20 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

It's terrible compared to the Scream trilogy (yeah, trilogy), Halloween and other great movies of its kind, but decent (even if stupid) if you have nothing else to do. Enjoyable while it lasts, at least.

C

Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:51 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Quite decent and one of the better films of the whole post-Scream wave. I actually like it more than the both Scream sequels and Halloween H20. The cast is okay, though I have never liked, don't like and will never like Freddie Prinze Jr. I was happy about his prolonged absence in the second film.

Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:39 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]