Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 The 'Amazing Race 10' Thread 
Sbil

Post The 'Amazing Race 10' Thread
I'm pretty sure we didn't have this yet. Anyway, The Amazing Race 10 premieres tonight at 8:30 PM EST on CBS, before settling into a Sunday at 8 PM EST timeslot.

I'm very excited. Let's hope it can bounce back from one horrible season (family edition) and a rather tepid, dull one (Ugh, BJ & Tyler).

Here are the teams:

Bilal & Sa'eed, Best Friends
These best friends have spent years bonding over their love of food, Browns football and their shared Islamic faith. While Bilal is energetic and outgoing, Sa'eed is quiet and passive. Their vastly different temperaments will be fun to watch as they attempt to navigate over 40,000 miles in under 30 days.

David & Mary, Married Parents
David & Mary are married parents who met while working at McDonald's 10 years ago. Although David did some traveling while he was in the Army, Mary can count on one hand the number of times she's been on a plane. This hard working couple is eager to expand their horizons and see the world together.

Duke & Lauren, Father/Daughter
When Lauren told her family that she was gay, her father Duke didn't react well to the news and the two were estranged for several years. Now they are working on rebuilding their relationship and hope that the Race will help them recapture the closeness they once shared.

Dustin & Kandice, Best Friends
Dustin & Kandice met while rooming together at the Miss America pageant. Rivals at first, they quickly became friends and have been inseparable ever since. Kandice is wild and impulsive, while Dustin is religious and more conservative. Their shared trait is that they are both intense competitors who thrive on winning.

Erwin & Godwin, Brothers
These overachieving, super competitive brothers say they are ready for the adventure of a lifetime. Godwin has grown up in the shadow of his Harvard-educated brother and is eager to show Erwin and the rest of his family that he has what it takes to win THE AMAZING RACE. This Team's love for traveling the world and competing is infectious.

Kellie & Jamie, Best Friends
Don't let their Southern drawls fool you. These former co-captains of the University of South Carolina cheerleading squad are highly competitive and just might have what it takes to be the first female Team to win THE AMAZING RACE.

Lyn & Karlyn, Best Friends
Lyn & Karlyn are two mothers from Alabama who have known each other since the ninth grade. Although they have limited traveling experience, the best friends are hoping that their resourcefulness and wit will make them the Team to beat.

Peter & Sarah, Friends
Peter and Sarah are both Iron Man competitors who have a long history of teamwork. Sarah recently became the first female with an artificial leg to complete the Hawaii Iron Man Triathlon. Peter works as a clinical prosthetist and travels the country speaking to amputees and consulting for prosthetic legs. Both are out to win and eager to show the world that a disability will not stop them from reaching their goals.

Rob & Kimberly, Dating
Rob & Kimberly met while bartending and have been dating for the last two years. Their relationship has experienced some rocky moments, yet they recently decided to take a leap and move in together. They are both looking to the Race to test the strength of their relationship and prove to them that they are meant to be together.

Tom & Terry, Dating
This feisty, fun-loving couple has been together for over two years. Their playful nitpicking is constant, but it always ends in shared laughter. Tom & Terry are hoping the Race will prove to them they have what it takes to stay together.

Tyler & James, Best Friends
Tyler & James are not your typical "pretty boys"; they've both had their share of hard knocks. After losing track of each other several years ago, they reconnected after going through rehab and have been best friends ever since. They're hoping their newfound lease on life will help carry them around the globe and across the finish line.

Vipul & Arti, Married
Vipul & Arti are the first Indian-American Team to run the Race. Both speak several languages and are well-traveled. Vipul admits to being a bit overzealous, while Arti takes great pride in her ability to reign in his emotions and focus him in on his strengths--a skill she will undoubtedly be forced to call upon while racing around the world.

Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:51 am
New Server, Same X

Indian-Americans, Muslims, a lesbian, Miss America contestants, best friends that reconnected through rehab, and an amputee.

Yep, it's The Amazing Race.

Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:00 pm
Award Winning Bastard

Post Re: The 'Amazing Race 10' Thread
Dustin & Kandice met while rooming together at the Miss America pageant. Rivals at first, they quickly became friends and have been inseparable ever since. Kandice is wild and impulsive, while Dustin is religious and more conservative. Their shared trait is that they are both intense competitors who thrive on winning.

I've picked a team to root for!

:cheer:

Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:36 pm
New Server, Same X

Maverikk wrote:

I've picked a team to root for!

:cheer:

I always knew you had great taste. :biggrin:

Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:04 pm

*Chandler voice*
Men, can you BE any more predictable.

Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:31 pm
Devil's Advocate

Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:33 pm
New Server, Same X

*shakes head in disgust*

*Chandler voice*

:blush:

Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:02 pm

Ripper wrote:
*shakes head in disgust*

*Chandler voice*

I honetly don't believe that team is composed of two different people, they look like clones of each other.

Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:30 pm
New Server, Same X

Mr. X wrote:
Ripper wrote:
*shakes head in disgust*

*Chandler voice*

I honetly don't believe that team is composed of two different people, they look like clones of each other.

And the problem? :tongue:

Just kidding. To be honest, they'll probably be clones of the two girls from the last season of Amazing Race. You know, those two girls that kept getting hit on by the two meathead jock guys.

Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:07 pm
Devil's Advocate

Just noticed from that comment that there is no alpha males this year, which is all and all a good thing. The jocks + BJ and Tyler leading the whole race last time was one of the things that made it so dull and predictable. Regular teams with flaws are a lot more interesting too.

Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:10 pm

Ripper wrote:

And the problem? :tongue:

Just kidding. To be honest, they'll probably be clones of the two girls from the last season of Amazing Race. You know, those two girls that kept getting hit on by the two meathead jock guys.

I didn't see last season, anyway, I'll probably root for the Indian-American because it will likely tickoff my Indian boyfriend, otherwise I have no favorites till I actually watch.

Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:12 pm
Sbil

I'm really hoping Peter & Sarah (the woman with the prosthetic leg and her friend) are not clones of Charla & Mirna, all "We're looking to show people how much ass we can kick by being underestimated!" and "Small lady, not possible" and "Fast-o! Zip-o!" God, Mirna was irritating.

Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:31 pm
New Server, Same X

Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:45 pm
Cream of the Crop

Hard to believe it's at number 10 already. Hard to belive it actually made it to 10, considering it's rating the first couple editions. Can't wait for 8:30.

Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:31 pm
Profile WWW

I'm really hoping Peter & Sarah (the woman with the prosthetic leg and her friend) are not clones of Charla & Mirna, all "We're looking to show people how much ass we can kick by being underestimated!" and "Small lady, not possible" and "Fast-o! Zip-o!" God, Mirna was irritating.

Charla and Mirna started out ok, but good god, yes I wanted to kill them at the end, I think Peter and Sarah are going to drown in in their upligting story.

Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:50 pm
Forum General

One thing I think we should do this season is all read Miss Alli's recaps of the show over at Television Without Pity, which is pretty much now half the reason I watch the show.

But yay. 30 minutes.

Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:03 pm
Profile WWW
Award Winning Bastard

Peter & Sarah might have a leg up on the rest of the contestants. :wotw:

Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:33 pm
Award Winning Bastard

Oh my God...Tom and Terry are precious. :hahaha:

Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:36 pm
Extraordinary

To hell with show!

MadGez wrote:
Briefs. Am used to them and boxers can get me in trouble it seems. Too much room and maybe the silkiness have created more than one awkward situation.

My Box-Office Blog: http://boxofficetracker.blogspot.com/

Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:42 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Holy mackeral. TAR is running the gamut this year: gays, lesbians, beauty queens, cheerleaders, Muslims, Indian-Americans, amputees, and recovering drug addicts.

For the record, the cheerleaders are hotter than the beauty queens. But it's like really close in my mind...

Tom and Terry. ... I don't really know.

Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:51 pm
Sbil

One thing I think we should do this season is all read Miss Alli's recaps of the show over at Television Without Pity, which is pretty much now half the reason I watch the show.

But yay. 30 minutes.

OMG YES

Miss Alli is my god.

Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:01 pm
Sbil

Woah. A team is eliminated at a random checkpoint? Yikes.

Bye Bilal and Sa'eed.

Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:11 pm
Award Winning Bastard

Bilal & Sa'eed, Best Friends
These best friends have spent years bonding over their love of food, Browns football and their shared Islamic faith. While Bilal is energetic and outgoing, Sa'eed is quiet and passive. Their vastly different temperaments will be fun to watch as they attempt to navigate over 40,000 miles in under 30 days.

That's what you get for being Browns fans. They should be used to being losers. I can't help but snicker a little over their quick exit.

:giggle:

Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:12 pm
New Server, Same X

Holy mackeral. Well, once they showed "Last Team" on one of the cards, and saying (for the umpteenth time) that there'd be a twist, I figured a team was going kaput.

Bye Bye Muslims. Gay team next please? Or maybe Ken and Barbie? Amputee McGee?

Okay, I'm sorry. That was a little insulting, and I really shouldn't have said it. They don't look anything like Ken and Barbie.

Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:15 pm
Sbil

I'm guessing they don't teach "common sense" at Harvard and UC Berkley and NYU, judging by Erwin and Godwin bringing water pistols into an airport. What morons.

Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 199 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next