Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The 'Nip/Tuck Season 4' Thread 
Grill

Post The 'Nip/Tuck Season 4' Thread
Tuesday! Can't wait!

Discuss!

Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:14 pm
Extraordinary

I know alot of people say that season 3 was a transitional season and I REALLY hope thats the case and the series goes back to what made the first two seasons so damn good.

Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:21 pm
Top Poster

going to watch the entire Season 3 on dvd this labor day weekend! am looking forward to season 4 on torrents...

Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:12 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

I'm currently catching up on season 3 via netflix but since there's a long weekend I probably won't get discs 4-6 till Tuesday/Wednesday so I'll catch a late repeat of the premiere.

I left off season 3 last year right around halfway and now I rewatched and fastforwarded through all those episodes. I hope the second half gets better because even though it's Nip/Tuck, the middle of it started getting really shitty.

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:48 am
Confessing on a Dance Floor

i saw it tonight for the first time. i thought it was good. how does it compare to the first three seasons? what were the issues then? is there more surgery usually or is it always about their personal lives?

Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:41 pm
Forum General

i saw it tonight for the first time. i thought it was good. how does it compare to the first three seasons? what were the issues then? is there more surgery usually or is it always about their personal lives?

you shoudl really check out the first two seasons at least Sam!

I didn't watch the premiere yet but typically the show is about their personal lives with at least one dominant surgery/case per episode. Alot of times, the surgery/case reflects or responds to stuff they're dealing with personally and sometimes the surgery is a huge part of the episode.

The first 2 seasons, though, were television at its best.

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:43 am
Top Poster

know any good torrent sites to find the Season 4 Premiere that just aired?

btw, after watching the dvds, the plane crash episode and the season finale of Season 3 sucked so bad, but the rest of the season was quite entertaining though.

Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:50 am
Profile WWW
Teenage Dream

I actually thought it was kind of boring. :blink:

I'm not sure if I like where the "Christian is gay" thing is heading, either. Not only is it completey out of character, but it seems like a desperate attempt to keep his character interesting, when he is always interesting on his own. He doesn't really need an arc.

Still, it did set up some interesting things for the rest of the season, so let's see how it goes from here.

Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:49 pm
Motherfuckin' sexual

I really enjoyed the episode. I hope to God they don't make Christian gay. I will stop watching if they do that.

Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:56 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Hmmm...

I'm not sure if I like where the "Christian is gay" thing is heading, either. Not only is it completey out of character, but it seems like a desperate attempt to keep his character interesting, when he is always interesting on his own. He doesn't really need an arc.

Still, it did set up some interesting things for the rest of the season, so let's see how it goes from here.

well from what i gather he is a womanizer; can't commit; narcissistic; and admires his parter way too much.

so, um, yeah, it's time to deal with that little skeleton in the close. pun intended!

Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:22 pm

I really enjoyed the episode. I hope to God they don't make Christian gay. I will stop watching if they do that.

please do. then I won't have to bear your comments anymore...

Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:23 pm
Extraordinary

Wasn't a big fan of Season 3, didn't watch the second half of the season.
I'll make sure to watch a rerun.

Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:57 pm
Teenage Dream

makeshift wrote:
Hmmm...

well from what i gather he is a womanizer; can't commit; narcissistic; and admires his parter way too much.

so, um, yeah, it's time to deal with that little skeleton in the close. pun intended!

Are those signs of a closet homosexual? I can't say I've ever known someone that was in the closet for an extended period of time and them came out, so I really don't know.

Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:58 pm
Top Poster

thought it was a decent episode that paved the way for the rest of the season.

Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:56 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Caught a repeat of the premier after catching up on Season 3 on DVD.

Overall, I, too, found it a bit dull. I have to hand it to Murphy though because the entire feel and tone felt very similar to season 1-2ish and nothing like Season 3.

Christian is, um, obviously not gay. I don't like that storyline at all because I thought it was always understood that the underlying foundation and theme of the show was the strong love between two heterosexual men without it being anything seuxal. That said... it's very obvious normal for christian to feel the way he feels. He grew up with no father, mother abandoned him, foster parents raped him... is it any suprise he has rarely ever had a working relationship with a woman?

This attraction to Sean is of no suprise but to see them turning into an arc for the season is a bit diappointing because, to me at least, it indicates that they don't have much creativity left to go on. By the way, is the shrink Brook Shields?

Sean's story is arc is far more engrossing because it's something you almost never see on TV... I was initially very uncomfortable with the storyline but to have them back out of it somehow when the birth finally does roll around would really make me quite angry.

I miss Kimber... if there is anything that season 3 did right, it was Christian and Kimber and from what I saw of the previews for the season, I don't think she's gonna be in season 4. Too bad. No wonder they don't know what to dow ith Christian now.

I'm not sure if I'll continue watching this season. I may just catch it on DVD like I did for season 4.

What also might make this season a bit dull is the fact that I don't see any recurring villainous type of character. The first season started and finished with the guy with all the tattoos. The second season had Ava and introduced the Carver who hanted most of season 3. Without some tangible villain of some sort, I don't see this season being more engrossing than the previous 3 or at least first 2.

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:27 pm

Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:14 pm
Forum General

ya forget everything in my last post... I really liked this episode though I'm still iffy on the Christian-gay storyline (that pic of him above is HOTTT though!)

Kimber is in this season :biggrin:

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:06 am
Motherfuckin' sexual

Best part was when Christian knocked the door down with his foot. That was tv at it's best. Man he is such a pimp.

Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:33 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Motherfuckin' sexual

How the hell does Nip/Tuck get away with this kind of stuff. More power to them but did anyone see the sex scene tonight? WOW.

Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:36 am
Profile YIM WWW
Forum General

How the hell does Nip/Tuck get away with this kind of stuff. More power to them but did anyone see the sex scene tonight? WOW.

lol... which one? Sean's or the one in the video? ;)

This episode was kinda weird. I think the tone and feel to the show has been an improvement from season three and closer to how the first two seasons felt but I'm not invested in any of the storylines anymore.

I don't think Sean and Julia should be together. I don't buy that they really love each other that way anymore. Maybe it's because they sped up the pregnancy like 6-7 months but season 3 did a really good job of separating sean and julia to a place where they can both be at least somewhat happy and function without one another.

I head Alanis Morrissette was gonna be on as Liz' love interest... that sounds cool. And I hope we see alot more of Peter Dinklage.

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:14 am
Motherfuckin' sexual

Sean's sex scene was outrageous. It looked like it was a Skinimax special. I actually like the show that way.

Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:24 am
Profile YIM WWW
Forum General

I don't think I'd seen a full episode of Nip/Tuck before a couple weeks ago, but (apparently for lack of better things to do) I've actually watched the past two episodes.

The show's ridiculous. Dogs biting off nipples. Hash brownies. Lesbian sex & organ theft. Jacqueline Bisset smashing a girl's face so that she'll qualify for plastic surgery. And that was just this week's episode. (Much more exciting than last week's, though!)

But I can see why people watch it. It's ridiculous, but it's fun.

I'm already a little interested in seeing where some of the stories are going. And next week's the Rosie O'Donnell episode. So count me in for at least one more week.

Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:14 am
Profile WWW
Top Poster

So I just caught up on the last three weeks' episdoes yesterday. Much better than season 3 so far. What did you all think of the Rosie O'Donnell episiode?

Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:58 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

So I just caught up on the last three weeks' episdoes yesterday. Much better than season 3 so far. What did you all think of the Rosie O'Donnell episiode?

Best I've seen this season (of the three I've seen), I'd say.

Rosie was funny.

Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:11 pm
Profile WWW
Motherfuckin' sexual

Yeah, the Rosie episode was great. I loved all the fancy cars in that episode. Reminded me of what the show should be.

Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:56 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next