Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
 The 'Boston Legal' Thread (Season 3) 
Award Winning Bastard

Post The 'Boston Legal' Thread (Season 3)
It's the best show on TV! For all the criticism it took for not being able to hold all of Desperate Housewoive's audience, it proved that it had it's own audience, and gave ABC a hit on Tuesdays at 10 PM. (it's better than Law & Order: SVU , even though that's good)

While Commander-in-Chief died a quick death after a very strong start, Boston Legal remained steady, despite losing those lead-in ratings.

Can't wait for this upcoming season!

Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:40 am
I really liked James Spader in last (?) season of The Practice, actually, immidiatelly turned out to be best character since the start of that series.

Haven't seen anything of Boston Legal though. But if Spader's character doesn't change much, think I'll like it. Apparently in the fall it starts here.

Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:50 am
Award Winning Bastard

I really liked James Spader in last (?) season of The Practice, actually, immidiatelly turned out to be best character since the start of that series.

Haven't seen anything of Boston Legal though. But if Spader's character doesn't change much, think I'll like it. Apparently in the fall it starts here.

Spader's Alan Shore character is my favorite, even more than Shatner's Denny Crane. He's got some issues. He suffers from night terrors and he's afraid of clowns, but if somebody shot and killed somebody in the middle of Yankee stadium in front of 50,000 people, and the gun was still smoking as he held it when the police tackled him, Alan Shore would get him off somehow. His womanizing ways also lead to some funny situations for him.

Another thing about Boston Legal, it gets the best guest stars out of any show on TV, by far!

Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:56 am
New Server, Same X

Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:12 am
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

Practice was much better because it was more serious. I pretty much got turned off by the quirky tone of Boston Legal which is why I havent watched it since then. Spader's character was so much better in the Practice but I guess if the non serious setting in BL is your taste maybe you may like it however its not anything like the Practice

Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:43 am
Draughty

I watched this for a while when it started but then they got rid of Rhona Mitra and some other young actors and stacked the cast with elderly people and I stopped tuning in. I might check it out again.

Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:09 pm
Profile WWW
Team Kris

Is Betty White still running loose on the show?

Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:03 pm
Award Winning Bastard

Is Betty White still running loose on the show?

She was last seen after Alan Shore got her off on a murder charge after she killed a seriel killer so he wouldn't kill again. She was originally hired by Candice Bergan's character to be his secretary because he had so many threats of sexual harrassment against him. She's not a regular cast member, but I would imagine she'll be back sometime.

Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:12 pm
All Star Poster

I hate ABC.. I used to be addicted to the Practice and loved Boston Legal and then they change the day that it's on. Now I love grey's anatomy and they're changing it again. SUNDAY IS THE ONLY DAY THAT I CAN WATCH TV!!! Why must they always change things on me :( And I can't record things because my parents hog the VCR for themselves and I also don't like watching taped shows.

My Life :(

Maverikk did you find that Boston Legal is getting better? Or was it better at the beginning and got worse? Are the characters getting predictable?

Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:21 pm
Profile WWW
Award Winning Bastard

Maverikk did you find that Boston Legal is getting better? Or was it better at the beginning and got worse? Are the characters getting predictable?

When Boston Legal first came out, I found that it was only the James Spader and William Shatner characters that I cared about. When it cut to the other stories, it definitely dropped off, so it was a bit uneven. When they brought in Candice Bergen, the show took a leap forward, and it took another major leap forward when they actually gave Mark Valley's character a personality. He probably had my favorite scene in the series, so far, when he chopped off 3 fingers on a priest with an axe. :hahaha:

They bring in such high profile guest stars now (Michael J. Fox, Tom Selleck, Heather Locklear, etc...) that the show has become a fun ride from start to finish. The character's definitely aren't predictable, beyond the stuff that's part of their character. Denny Crane realizes he's losing his mind, so instead of being forced to prove his competence as a lawyer, he pulled out a gun and shot a defendant in the kneecap and claimed that he came for him and he feared for his life. :sideroll:

Then there are times where the 4th wall is broken without warning. Toward the end of a serious episode, for instance, Spader sees Shatner and asked him "where have you been, Denny, I haven't seen you all episode?"

Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:38 pm
Team Kris

Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
All Star Poster

Neostorm wrote:

When Boston Legal first came out, I found that it was only the James Spader and William Shatner characters that I cared about. When it cut to the other stories, it definitely dropped off, so it was a bit uneven. When they brought in Candice Bergen, the show took a leap forward, and it took another major leap forward when they actually gave Mark Valley's character a personality. He probably had my favorite scene in the series, so far, when he chopped off 3 fingers on a priest with an axe. :hahaha:

They bring in such high profile guest stars now (Michael J. Fox, Tom Selleck, Heather Locklear, etc...) that the show has become a fun ride from start to finish. The character's definitely aren't predictable, beyond the stuff that's part of their character. Denny Crane realizes he's losing his mind, so instead of being forced to prove his competence as a lawyer, he pulled out a gun and shot a defendant in the kneecap and claimed that he came for him and he feared for his life. :sideroll:

Then there are times where the 4th wall is broken without warning. Toward the end of a serious episode, for instance, Spader sees Shatner and asked him "where have you been, Denny, I haven't seen you all episode?"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That last comment is too funny. I'm seriously considering on renting the season on DVD. I don't even know if it's out, but i'll check it out when i go to blockbuster.

Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:55 pm
Profile WWW
Denny Crane realizes he's losing his mind, so instead of being forced to prove his competence as a lawyer, he pulled out a gun and shot a defendant in the kneecap and claimed that he came for him and he feared for his life. :sideroll:

:lol:

Love these. Now definatelly will watch the show.

Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:16 pm
Indiana Jones IV

I still don't think David E Kelley's surpassed the final season of The Practice in terms of sheer quality but Boston Legal has gone from strength to strength, the cast changes have made a big difference and it's easily one of the best shows on TV now. Glad they dumped the 2 random young lawyers half-way through the season, their plots seemed entirely irrelevant to anything else happening with the people we actually give a damn about and just took up valuable Denny/Alan screentime...

Maverikk wrote:
They bring in such high profile guest stars now (Michael J. Fox, Tom Selleck, Heather Locklear, etc...) that the show has become a fun ride from start to finish.

Just saw the season 2 finale last night over here - Wes Craven for most ridiculously random cameo appearence of all-time :biggrin:

Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:30 am
Profile WWW
htm

I can't express my love for this show... I just can't. Breaking the fourth wall is definitely the best. And the Trek references some other personal already referenced (stealing by thunder!). I've been a fan since day one and proudly watch the DVDs at every and any chance. The second season was mostly an improvement on the first, which itself gradually improved (I'm not too keen on the first episodes. Like Mav said, it picks up with Bergen BIG time). The best episode of the first season, for those considering watching it, or those who are familiar, is the one that revolves around Mad Cow... hehehe.

I can't wait for the new season.

Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:36 am
Award Winning Bastard

The season premiere of the best show on TV airs tonight!

Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:17 pm
The Lubitsch Touch

Tonight was like every other episode. Some good jokes, good Kelley speechifying...but bipolar and ultimately unsatisfying. And they need to lose that boom mike accident they call a score.

Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:34 am
Award Winning Bastard

Another great episode to what is sure to be a dynamite season of the best show on TV!

Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:58 pm
Award Winning Bastard

I just got the chance to watch the latest episode tonight, and all I can say is WOW! None of you have seen it???

It started off great, as Denny Crane meets two new lawyers who transfered from NY. Denny Crane protests "nonsense, if they were new, they would have been on the season premiere." :lol:

Changes in the wind, as Craig Bierko was added to the cast and was as good as Denny Crane or Alan Shore have ever been, and just might become the best character of the bunch. The way he mocked Brad and made an ass out of him twice couldn't have sat well with actor Mark Valley, who is certain to be reduced to bit cameos being all frustrated and Jealous like he was in this episode. Coho (Bierko) and Denise (Julie Bowen) will probably be hooking up and pissing off Brad all the more as he's elbowed out. I can't wait to to see Coho work the courtroom. If he's as good or better than Alan Shore, this show is gonna jump to an even higher level! Bierko is a funny guy.

The new chick had a ton of personality, and I hope she stays. I have a feeling her and Alan Shore will eventually hook up.

Denny Crane had the funniest part!!! A blind computer date turns out to be a midget who he offends with his bluntness and use of the word midget. :hahaha: Her head was normal size and she was attractive, but the rest of her was that of a dwarf.

Great guest starring appearance by Katey Sagal. Tom Selleck returns next week. This show gets the best guests.

Everybody should check this show out! :shout:

Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:16 am
Award Winning Bastard

Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:01 pm
Award Winning Bastard

haha...I LOVE this show! Love when they break the 4th wall.

"Do you think us winning all the time is killing the suspense?" - Alan Shore

:hahaha:

Mike Binder as a cannibal...heh

Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:03 pm
Award Winning Bastard

The best show on TV is about to begin on the east coast. :biggrin:

Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:58 pm
I just lost the game

It's a great show, and it's slowly becoming the only primetime show which I will go out of my way to see. I also watch American Idol, but usually only the recordings and if I have the time/in the mood. For this show, I make the time.

Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]