Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Blade: Trinity 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
C 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
D 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
F 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 6

College Boy Z

Post Blade: Trinity

Quote:
Blade: Trinity is a 2004 American vampire Marvel Comics action film, written and directed by David S. Goyer, who also wrote the screenplays to the first two Blade films. It is the third and final film in the Blade trilogy, following on from Blade and Blade II and it is based on the Marvel Comics character Blade, played by Wesley Snipes. The story continues in Blade: The Series.

Last edited by zingy on Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:26 am
Team Kris

I saw Blade Trinity last night and I must say that I left very dissapointed. It is by far the worst of the three movies in the series. The action is mindless with no point to any of it. They made Dracula a big weakling with no real powers. This movie just seemed so much different than the first two. Both Biel and Mr. National Lampoon are annoying in their roles and Snipes just goes through the motions without adding anything new to the story or his character. I went in thinking this was going to be the big finale, boy was I wrong.
Grade- C

Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:50 pm
Profile WWW
Okay, I Believe You But My Tommy Gun Don't

So Passanger 57 is better? Is that what you are saying?

I HATE MICHAEL BAY

Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:38 pm
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

B+, while the action was senseless like KC says, it was good fun. the movie has too many loop holes, Ryan Reynolds is annoying, people left alive for no reason .. but i didn't care ... I had tonnes of fun watching blade kik ass.

Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:47 pm
Profile WWW
Somehow they managed to make a vampire film without a single interesting vampire. The upside, a vampire Pomeranian (beat that Paul Thomas and your shitty zombie dobies).

Dracula, now a metrosexual, works at Ambercrombie and Fitch. Parker Posey must have some major money troubles to have signed onto this film and Wesley, oh sweet karate lovin' Wesley, seems to be channeling Redd Foxx for no apparent reason. Let's not forget Jessica, nice ipod.

The hours approaching, just give it your best
You got to reach your prime.
That’s when you need to put yourself to the test,
And show us a passage of time,
Were going to need a montage (montage)
Oh it takes a montage (montage)

Sure a lot of things happing at once,
With mind, everyone what’s going on (what’s going on?)
And when every shot you show a little improvement
Just Show it or it will take to long
that’s called a montage (montage)
Oh we want montage (montage)

And anything that we want to know, from just a beginner to a pro,
You want a montage (montage)
even rocky had a montage (montage)

(Montage…montage)

Anything that we want to know, from just a beginner to a pro,
You need a montage (montage)
Oh it takes a montage (montage)

Always fade out in a montage,
If you fade out, it seem like more time
Has passed in a montage,
Montage

I'm back. As I'm sure you've already heard a million times over, Ryan Reynolds is very funny. But he seems to be in the wrong film.

The directing and editing for Blade 3 is horrible. Here's a fun way to play the at home version of "Let's Make Blade 3". Spin around really quick, jam a knife up your ass, and you're now 10% closer to duplicating the shitty snorefest that is Blade 3.

D+

Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:36 pm
College Boy Z

I'll save you all the trouble. I'm giving this an A. Someone will come out and say, "Zingaling, you have the worst taste in movies!". I shall respond, "Thanks for the compliment (insert name here)!". People roll their eyes at the computer screen after looking again at this A. Then, after some time, someone in an arguement with me will come out and say, "but this guy gave Blade: Trinity an A, that's horrible taste." I'll argue back, and so on and so on. It's an A. It's one of my favorite movies this year. Blade was just that wildly entertaining, action-packed thrill ride I've been waiting for all year. Not that there weren't others like it (Resident Evil, Spidey, I, Robot), but this movie is thee definition of "action-packed". Ryan Reynolds gave the movie the humorous side of the movie, and he was laugh-out-loud hilarious. The action scenes were out of this world amazing. Non-stop, with great special effects. Jessica Biel did a good job, and was very hot. This movie masters the use of the words "mother-fucker". Yada yada yada. A

Last edited by zingy on Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:55 am
La Bella Vito

I'll save you all the trouble. I'm giving this an A+. Someone will come out and say, "Zingaling, you have the worst taste in movies!". I shall respond, "Thanks for the compliment (insert name here)!". People roll their eyes at the computer screen after looking again at this A+. Then, after some time, someone in an arguement with me will come out and say, "but this guy gave Blade: Trinity an A+, that's horrible taste." I'll argue back, and so on and so on. It's an A+. It's my #1 movie this year. Didn't think that would happen, for I thought nothing would top Saw for the year. Blade did it. Blade was just that wildly entertaining, action-packed thrill ride I've been waiting for all year. Not that there weren't others like it (Resident Evil, Spidey, I, Robot), but this movie is thee definition of "action-packed". Ryan Reynolds gave the movie the humorous side of the movie, and he was laugh-out-loud hilarious. The action scenes were out of this world amazing. Non-stop, with great special effects. Jessica Biel did a good job, and was very hot. This movie masters the use of the words "mother-fucker". Yada yada yada. I'll explain more in detail when I get around to writing a review.

My Grade: A+ (#1 of 2004)

I think I'm going to check it out. Is Jessica Biel good in this? I love her, and I can't wait to see her kick some ass! She did a lot of intensive training for this role.

Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:42 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

Im a big fan of the Blade series. Having said that, I'm mixed about the 3rd blade series. I really don't like the new characters introduced in the movie. It really looked like they added Jessica Biel and Ryan Reynolds in to draw the younger people in the theater. Also HHH's bad performance with blood sucking poodle brought the movie down a bit. Had they kept it as Blade vs Dracula, and kept Kris Kristopherson's character alive, it would of been a much more enjoyable movie. At least the series is going to end now and not going to drag the name of the series down a bit like they did with the Robocop series.
B-

Sat Dec 11, 2004 6:24 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Biel and Reynolds are terrible additions and have absolutely no fighting skills. Snipes completely phones in his performance, triple h was pathetic and Dracula was the most unintentionally funny thing I've seen all year. You cannot seriously think Blade Trinity's action is well done. It pales in comparison to the choreography and direction of its predecessors. And is it me, or do Blade Trinity, Alien vs. Predator and Resident Evil Apocalypse all seem like the same movie? Same shitty hacked up action, brutal acting and lack of story.

A great big fucking D.

Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:32 pm
Profile WWW
Full Fledged Member

The first film was awesome. The second one completely blew, and this one was okay.

It was a nice fit between them.

Parker Posey was awesome. Ryan Reynolds was funny, and that's about all the good things I can say.

Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:06 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

This movie was fucking horendous. Hated every minute of it. The only reason I didnt want to slice my wrists during this pathetic attempt at a movie, was jessica biel.

Do no see this ridiculouss piece of Garbade.

Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:17 pm
Commander and Chef

By Arsalan Ahmed

It cut like a knife. And it felt so nice.

Blade Trinity is not really a good movie. It does not have good directing. The script is exceptionally weak, with loop holes so big; I can drive my car through them. Forget loop holes actually, some parts of the story themselves just don’t make sense at all. I walked out of the theatre and still enjoyed it.

I will be quite honest. Out of the 3 Blade movies so far, the acting, direction and basically everything I mentioned above is weaker. But Blade Trinity is a whole lot of fun to watch if one is able to look beyond it. The story shows a lot of promise when it starts off, incriminating Blade of being a psychopath killer in the mind of the humans. He is caught killing a human being (which was obviously a set up) which leads to a huge SWAT team hunting him down. Of course, once Blade finds a way to get rid of them, the entire Blade vs. the public angle is dropped till the very end and the movie ends up following the generic formula of bad guys recruiting a new super evil dude to take out Blade and Blade finding a new way to take out the vampires. So, yea, the story does not offer much, except a loose plot to keep everything together till the end. I’m glad that it does not try to disguise the fact at all.

Blade Trinity has been accused of playing like a music video but I did not see that at all. Of course, I found the whole “Lets listen to MP3s while we fight thing” rather stupid but all in all, I enjoyed the soundtrack quite a bit and never did it feel to me that the scenes were there to support the music but more so, the music was there to support the scene, as it should be. And really, according to me, the heart of this movie was the action and that’s the only time the mix of techno, trance and hip hop kicked in.

The biggest problem with the movie though, was the blatant disregard for reality. People do not just walk around the neighborhood with a sword on their back and a high tech bow on their side. If that happens, people react to it at all times, not only when it is required for to progress the movie. When a dilapidated van crashes into a fleet of squad cars, the police doesn’t just stop and stare till everyone gets into the van and slowly take off. You’re either blown to bits that very moment or even if you get away, you get into a high speed chase. Blade Trinity is plagued with these problems at every part of the movie and couple that with the bad dialogue (a joke a minute by Ryan Reynolds was really unnecessary) and it’s not a surprise when a movie gets a bad response.

Having said all that, I did mention that I had a good time. The way I look at it, this is the third movie. I’m done with character development, advancement in story and good acting from it. The first 2 movies delivered on action and that is really what I went to the theatre for; to watch some good action. And I got that.

Blade takes it’s time showing every piece of muscle it has got. Unlike recent movies that rely on close ups, a person’s imagination and some generic fights, Blade is more creative and takes the opportunity to let people savor each of these moments. Not only is there gun action but melee weapons and guns. It was fun to sit and watch all of this. And unlike many movies, Trinity is not stingy. The movie would have been terrible with all the problems I have highlighted and only a scene or two at the end. Blade Trinity is littered with action throughout and the only disappointment in this respect was a pretty wimpy incarnation of Dracula.

Last word

I enjoyed myself a lot but I would wish for Goyer to stay away from directing and put a little bit more effort into the actual script.

Recommended Audience

As I mentioned before, if you’re there for nothing but a good time, not to pick on the story or question the absurdity of some of the things that you will see, go watch it. I guarantee you won’t be disappointed. Otherwise, stay clear.

Grade: B+

A side note: If people do not know already, I’m a huge Batman fan. I also realize that Goyer has written the screenplay for Batman Begins as well. While script and directing such as this is okay for Blade, it is definitely for a character driven movie like Batman. So even though I’ve had the opportunity to read the script for Batman and love it, it does cause my stomach to churn thinking that the possibility of something going wrong next year still exists.

Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:31 pm
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

Out of the 3 Blade movies so far, the acting, direction and basically everything I mentioned above is weaker. But Blade Trinity is a whole lot of fun to watch if one is able to look beyond it. -

Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 am
Profile WWW
We had our time together

It wasn't nearly as good as Blade or Blade II. The action was lame and Snipes was kinda laughable this time. C

Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:53 pm
Profile WWW
Lord of filth

I am in the minority in thinking that Blade II was absolutely horrendous, so Blade Trinity is actually a vast improvement. It's still not very good, plot points are dropped without much of an impact (did the vampires get mad at them for turning off the human growing factory?) but I guess when it comes down to it, it has the interplay between the vampire houses and classes that made the first one the best... something that was largely lacking from the second one.

Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:06 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Blade Trinity...

I am in the minority in thinking that Blade II was absolutely horrendous, so Blade Trinity is actually a vast improvement. It's still not very good, plot points are dropped without much of an impact (did the vampires get mad at them for turning off the human growing factory?) but I guess when it comes down to it, it has the interplay between the vampire houses and classes that made the first one the best... something that was largely lacking from the second one.

We disagree once again. Completely.

What a surprise! WOW!

But then again, you are not in such a minority that thinks the second one was bad (I don't, but I know many on here that do).

However, you are in an utter minotiry to think that the third was better. Those who hate the second, usually despise the third even more :lol:

Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:40 pm
Profile WWW
Lord of filth

I should say that I think all three movies aren't entirely great. The first one being the best of the set. I guess this says more about how much I think Blade II was a waste rather than how great Blade Trinity was by comparison.

I at least thought Ryan Reynolds was interesting, I liked the Dracula character (it was different) and I thought Jessica Beil did a decent job (although her sections of the movie are like an iPod commercial).

I also appreciated that it filled a bit more physical than Blade II.

I dunno. I just think the mythology of the series is interesting, something that they almost completely got rid of for the second film.

Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:10 am
Profile WWW
Veteran

This was a very bad movie period. The Dracula character was pitiful. Snipes mailed in his boring performance. Ryan Reynolds somewhat made it watchable with his comedy. Unfortunately I was not anticipating comedy from a horror/thriller. The first one was decent. The second one bad and this garbage.

Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:20 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

I should say that I think all three movies aren't entirely great. The first one being the best of the set. I guess this says more about how much I think Blade II was a waste rather than how great Blade Trinity was by comparison.

I at least thought Ryan Reynolds was interesting, I liked the Dracula character (it was different) and I thought Jessica Beil did a decent job (although her sections of the movie are like an iPod commercial).

I also appreciated that it filled a bit more physical than Blade II.

I dunno. I just think the mythology of the series is interesting, something that they almost completely got rid of for the second film.

I thought the third was the worst. It wasn't horrible, but it was just so...average? The action wasn't very spectacular, Biel and Reynolds, while decent, seemed like space-fillers to try and promote a possible spin-off. Reynolds got all the funny lines, most of which worked, but couldn't make up for the lack of imagination and good action. The villain was a joke, worse than Van Helsing's Dracula.

The idea behind the movie was good, just not the execution. The oh-so-anticipated showdown between Drake and Blade was a let-down.

Parker Posey was good, though. There were some good action pieces, in the beginning of the movie especially, but overall, nothing particulary stood out. I'd give it a B-.

I'd give the first movie a B. It was well-made with good ideas behind it, even though it failed to execute some of them at times. The mythology was set up well, but the movie lacked in the action department, up until the last 30 minutes when it really accelerated.

I rate the second a staright A. I love it much more than the other two. I think that Reapers were a great idea and must be the coolest breed of vampires I have seen on-screen. The villain, Nomak, lacked the charisma of Deacon Frost, but his showdown with Blade in the end was incredible. Overall, I felt the movie had amazing action pieces and was one of the most entertaining movies I have ever seen.

Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:21 am
Profile WWW
Lord of filth

Really? I thought the sword fight was well staged.

Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:50 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Really? I thought the sword fight was well staged.

I found myself comparing it to the showdowns in the first and the second and I thought both were better executed and more innovative. Moreover, by the time of the showdown, I was filled up by dislike for the character of Drake who admittedly looked cool when turned into his "true shape", but lacked any kind of charisma and was devoid of any good acting skills and the worst thing...I never saw him as a menace or an equal opponent to Blade.

Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:56 am
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

Just mindless Fun!, very enjoyable movie!, good action sequences! :smile:
i didnt like the stupid "comedy" they added

B-

Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:32 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

I blind bought this today. Hopefully I'll enjoy it.

Mon May 02, 2005 10:58 pm
Profile YIM
Veteran

Tue May 03, 2005 11:07 pm
Profile YIM WWW
La Bella Vito

Thu May 05, 2005 3:07 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next