Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The Thread Where I Predict X3 To Be The BEST in The Series.. 
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Post The Thread Where I Predict X3 To Be The BEST in The Series..
http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=23285

You know?? For the longest time now, Brett Ratner has undergone quite the amount of scrutiny and Bashing at being the one who Directs the Final Installment of the X-MEN Series and I 'd have to say that after reading this review(Provided it doesn't have Roots growing out from under it) I'm gonna say this movie will be the BEST out of the 3 X-MEN movie's we've had and more of an exciting comicbook adaptation than what Singer brought to the table which was more Drama with the 2 X-MEN movie's he made.. What do you think??? Is it possible "The Rat" will silence alot of the fanbase against him and pull it off?? I think he will..

Thu May 11, 2006 3:02 am
Profile WWW
Squee

It's not like Singer is the best director ever, or anything, just worries me is all!

:glare:

Thu May 11, 2006 1:01 pm
Extraordinary

Well, at least if it's not the best it might still be the worst, or maybe even second best...

Thu May 11, 2006 2:05 pm
Star Trek XI

It'll be tough to beat X2. But then that was my favorite comic-book movie. I'm not really a fan of Singer's, it was just a good movie. So it's not all Ratner's fault if he can't top it.

Thu May 11, 2006 4:51 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Nope, I don't think so. The first is great, the second is awful. The third will fall in between.

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Thu May 11, 2006 4:53 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Extraordinary

It's a FAKE review. Harry already made his " Im sorry I screwed up for the billionth time " speech.

Quote:
Hey folks, Harry here... Moriarty and I had read this review and felt that there was better than even odds that this was an earnest review from a fan, but it wasn't jiving, sadly, with what we had heard of the quality. SO - in our own excitement over the chance that we MAY be wrong about X3... we printed it. TURNS out that the review was created by some misguided whiney fanboy that just wanted us to shut up with the negativity in regards to the film. Frankly - right now I'm really depressed - because what this review did was give false hope. And it flushed out someone that had seen the film that thought it was a waste and mediocre. What this means is - AICN will have to not run any positive reviews of X3 unless they come from established sources. This is sad. I really want X3 to be good. Now we'll just have to wait and see. It wasn't written by a studio plant - which at least is a sign that the studio doesn't feel the need to plant reviews online yet. But discount the following. Sadly.

So apperantly there was already a review out which was negative towards X3 and some fanboy wanted to make a fake review to pretend like the movie is good.

I have a feeling BKB is gonna pull this stuff with SR aswell, bash the shit out of it, then couple weeks before it's released go and make a thread regarding how it'll be the best Suerpman movie and such.

Thu May 11, 2006 4:54 pm
Extraordinary

Nope, I don't think so. The first is great, the second is awful. The third will fall in between.

You realize you're one of the only people on the planet who thinks X-Men is better than X2, right?

Thu May 11, 2006 5:29 pm
Extraordinary

movies35 wrote:

You realize you're one of the only people on the planet who thinks X-Men is better than X2, right?

Don't be so sure - I agree 100% with movies35.

X1 rocked -- X2 sucked...

Thu May 11, 2006 5:33 pm
Extraordinary

Rotten Tomatoes
X-Men: 80%
X2: 87%

MetaCritic
X-Men: 64
X2: 68

IMDb
X-Men: 7.3
X2: 7.9

Gross
X-Men: $157,299,717
X2: $214,949,694

I'm not saying you don't have a right to your opinion, God knows everyone does. But you are in a pretty extreme minority.

Thu May 11, 2006 6:09 pm
Extraordinary

The world disagrees.

Rotten Tomatoes
X-Men: 80%
X2: 87%

MetaCritic
X-Men: 64
X2: 68

IMDb
X-Men: 7.3
X2: 7.9

Gross
X-Men: $157,299,717
X2: $214,949,694

I'm not saying you don't have a right to your opinion, God knows everyone does. But you are in a pretty extreme minority.

Oops! I keep forgetting how rare good taste is these days...

:oops:

Thu May 11, 2006 6:19 pm
Extraordinary

Your top 10 features Lucky Number Slevin, American Dreamz, and Stick It, and you accuse us of having bad taste? :P

Thu May 11, 2006 7:14 pm
Extraordinary

Your top 10 features Lucky Number Slevin, American Dreamz, and Stick It, and you accuse us of having bad taste? :P

Exactly - and I shall be vindicated by their status as classics in the future...

Thu May 11, 2006 7:59 pm
Orphan

I'm betting it will be the best as Ratner isn't as pretentious as Singer. The casting of Ellen Page is also a good sign.

Thu May 11, 2006 8:14 pm
College Boy Z

X2: X-Men United seems almost untoppable and that clip of Wolverine vs. Sentinel wasn't too encouraging, but I have faith in Brett Ratner and the trailer is excellent.

Thu May 11, 2006 8:18 pm
You must have big rats

X2 is in my all-time Top 10 and a movie that I consider to be an all-out PERFECT summer blockbuster. Chances to top it are slim to none.

Thu May 11, 2006 8:24 pm
Profile WWW
Orphan

Thu May 11, 2006 8:37 pm
Extraordinary

Thu May 11, 2006 8:38 pm
The French Dutch Boy

I just saw the Fox 7 minute clip/trailer special thing on TV, and I don't know what others think, but to me, this movie looks REALLY good. I am most definately anticipating it. What I love about the film is that it is taking itself seriously and really looks to succeed. The message of the film, to take a stand and stop people from deciding who you should be, is such a universalizable message. I love it. Not only that, but the powers and the characters are all cool as ever.

Can't wait. I would not be surprised if it is the best X-Men movie yet.

PEACE, Mike.

Thu May 11, 2006 8:39 pm
Veteran

Somebody on HSX said the review on AICN was a fake. So BKB we will have to wait for a real review.

Either way the movie looks great. So I think it will do well.

Thu May 11, 2006 8:52 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Well, Levy is seeing it tomorrow, I think.

Thu May 11, 2006 8:54 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran

Well, Levy is seeing it tomorrow, I think.

Two weeks prior to release. Nice!!!!

Thu May 11, 2006 8:55 pm
Profile WWW