Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 In the Mouth of Madness 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
C 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

In the Mouth of Madness 
College Boy Z

Post In the Mouth of Madness
In the Mouth of Madness

Quote:
In the Mouth of Madness (also known as John Carpenter's In the Mouth of Madness) is a 1995 horror film directed by John Carpenter and written by Michael De Luca, who was at the time in charge of New Line Cinema. The film is the third installment in what Carpenter calls his Apocalypse Trilogy, preceded by The Thing and Prince of Darkness.

I never found the film to be great like some others did, but it's a good flick.

B-

Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:48 pm
On autopilot for the summer

Carpenters best film of the 90s is still very entertaining, has a good atmosphere, a very good story that takes shots at the public's view of Stephen King. And good acting from everyone except the girl. My only big gripe is the ending. Carpenter is known for his ambiguous endings. But this one really left me thinking WTF. Not because it was all that exciting, it was just confusing. The last 10 minutes or so you really have to pay attention to know whats going on, but its hard to follow the first time around. That ultimately drags a film I would have given horror rating of an A to an A-/B+ range.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:24 am
Extraordinary

Carpenter's Last good film, in the mouth of madness is one of the best horror films of the 90s.

***1/2

Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:47 am
Profile WWW
On autopilot for the summer

Carpenter's Last good film, in the mouth of madness is one of the best horror films of the 90s.

***1/2

Ill agree with that, for the 90s before the whole Scream era, ITMOM is probably in the top 10 horror movies in that time period. Though thats not saying much. It was pretty Ghastly then.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:55 am
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Post Re: In the Mouth of Madness
Carpenter needs to make another film like this. Well I disgress he did make Cigarette Burns after but that was for TV so it doesn't count!

Its the type of horror film thats simply not made anymore, a mixture of Lovecraft via Saturday night Tales from the Crypt episodes. It revels in its pulpy premise inhibiting the screen with unreal cypher's and Sam Neill's slow unravelling.

Jürgen Prochnow makes from the perfect horror author, its the crazy hair that does it. Oh and the ending is great, Bleak and yet oddly hilarious.

Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:45 am
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Post Re: In the Mouth of Madness
It's a good John Carpenter movie, but not as good as, let's say John Carpenter's PRINCE OF DARKNESS or The THING.. I'd rate it a "C"

Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:22 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]