Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 The Karate Kid, Part II 

What grade would you give this film?
A 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4

The Karate Kid, Part II 
College Boy Z

Post The Karate Kid, Part II
The Karate Kid, Part II

Quote:
The Karate Kid, Part II is a 1986 American martial arts film and is a sequel to 1984's The Karate Kid. Ralph Macchio and Pat Morita reprise their roles as Daniel LaRusso and Mr. Miyagi, respectively. The original music score was composed by Bill Conti. Like the original film, the sequel was also a success, and earned even more at the box office than its predecessor, although it received mixed reviews from critics.

Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:42 pm
George A. Romero

A very worthy sequel to the Karate Kid, but it's just not quite as good. The final fight is great

A-

Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:58 pm
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

Still a worthy sequel and a wonderful backdrop of Japan. It begins with Daniel Lurusso going to Japan because he dumps his chunky girlfriend at the time (Elisabeth shue at the time was trying to lose weight to become the babe she is today). Daniel find a hot japanese girl makes out with her, a japanese teen gets jealous threatens to kick his ass. Mr Miyagi confronts his nemisis in Japan. Storm hits the ceiling and shit happens, everyones gets saved and everyones happy. The End, corny love ballad plays

B+/A-

8.6/10

Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:02 pm
On autopilot for the summer

Saw this for the first time, and not sure what the hell people in the 80s saw in this shit film.

Theres no finale, its fixed by a storm. The end fight is awful, as are the dub jobs. I like the first film, but come on, this was really a waste of a film. Miagi was still entertaining though and it is entertaining to think Machio as a 17 year old when in fact he was 27 in this movie.

C+

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:21 pm
Team Kris

I actually like the corny love ballad in this movie. :lol:

Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:00 pm
Speed Racer

Miagi was still entertaining though and it is entertaining to think Machio as a 17 year old when in fact he was 27 in this movie.

Funnily enough, he's 48 now and looks great. Check out IMDB, you wouldn't recognise him as Daniel Larusso.

Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:47 pm
Profile WWW
Mod Team Leader

A worthy sequel to the 84 classic. A little dated but fun nonetheless. The corny 80's ballad is cool dammit.

7.5/10

Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:12 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: The Karate Kid, Part II
This is a great follow-up to the classic. Its inferior to the original in pretty much every sense but its still a very well made movie except for the final showdown which let's this down. Pat Morita is still great in this and his chemistry with Ralph is what makes this movie work. The Okinawa settings is great but once the typhoon starts everything becomes a script manipulation.

B

Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]