Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 5:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Hoodwinked! 

What grade would you give this film?
A 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4

Hoodwinked! 
Sbil

Post Hoodwinked!
Hoodwinked!

Quote:
Hoodwinked!, also titled Hoodwinked on its theatrical poster and in many reference sources, is a 2005 American computer-animated family action comedy film produced by Blue Yonder Films with Kanbar Entertainment. It was released by The Weinstein Company in selected markets on December 16, 2005, before expanding nationwide in the USA on January 13, 2006. It was written and directed by Cory Edwards, Todd Edwards, and Tony Leech, and stars the voices of Anne Hathaway, Glenn Close, Jim Belushi, Patrick Warburton, Andy Dick, David Ogden Stiers, Xzibit, Anthony Anderson, and Chazz Palminteri.

Based on the Little Red Riding Hood folktale, structurally, it borrows from the films Rashomon and The Usual Suspects, as well as frequently intertwining various plots. It is 80 minutes long and is rated PG in the US for mild action and thematic elements. A twenty-two minute behind the scenes video podcast is available for free in iTunes.

A sequel, Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil, was released on April 29, 2011.

Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:07 pm
Orphan

Very fun little comedy that's leagues better than the likes of 'Robots.' The writing is very sharp and quick-witted and even the "performances" are good with Hathaway, Warburton, Close, etc. doing a very good job. Andy Dick in particular seems to be enjoying himself as the bunny rabbit. I hope there's a sequel because it was an enjoyable comedy and far funnier than one might expect considering the cheap-looking animation (which actually works decently for the material).

Grade - A

Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:47 am
Extraordinary

God... I saw this today with my friends. (at one of those free naval base theatres...)

We were laughing. Hard. Probably its infectious laughter, but it was all so ridiculously done, which isn't so much a bad thing.

I didn't really think its a good movie, but at least its not as horrid as some of the other animated turds last year, despite having worse animation.

I'd give it a C, I think.

Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:05 am
Killing With Kindness

B

funny as hell, the squirrel is better than the scrat from Ice Age :biggrin:

Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:29 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Disliked the movie majorly. The animation, for one, was terrible. There were also points in the movie where the words were not matching the lip movements. The story didn't capture me at all and I found myself wishing it would end. I had to watch it because I'm taking this psychology of fairytales class, and we had to examine it as a fractured fairy tale. If it wasn't for being forced to watch it, I never would have. I wouldn't reccomend spending $10.25 on it.. maybe a rent if you're that interested, but even then I wouldn't really reccomend it.

Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:42 pm
Profile WWW
La Bella Vito

I actually enjoyed this movie a lot. The animation is nothing groundbreaking, but it still works amazingly for the film. I really liked the musical numbers too, and the squirrel was the best character. All the voice work was splendid. I didn't expect to like it as much as I did, but it was quite entertaining. It provides enough laughs to keep the viewer intrigued. I can't wait for the sequel!

B

Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:54 am
Profile YIM WWW
Teh Mexican

all you see in the trailer was pretty much the funniest things in the movie. im kind of disappointed i was really expecting more but it still very enjoyable

B-

Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]