Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie 

What grade would you give this film?
A 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

College Boy Z

Post The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie

Quote:
The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie is a 2004 American animated film based on the popular Nickelodeon television series SpongeBob SquarePants. The film stars the voices of Tom Kenny, Bill Fagerbakke, Clancy Brown, Rodger Bumpass, Doug Lawrence, Scarlett Johansson, Alec Baldwin, Jeffrey Tambor, and features David Hasselhoff as himself. It was released on November 19, 2004 and was produced and distributed in the United States by Paramount Pictures and Nickelodeon Movies. The film was dedicated to Jules Engel.

The film received positive reviews from critics and had its own soundtrack released, as well as its own video game adaption. This movie was well known for being the last adaption of the series to be aired in the Hillenburg Era (1999–2004).

Last edited by zingy on Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:56 pm
College Boy Z

Well, I should say first that they did overbook, so I had no seat. I couldn't just not see the movie, though, because my sister was dying to watch it, and I promised I would take her. So, I sat her down in the last remaining seat, and stood the entire time. I guess that could affect my reason for being a little dissapointed with the movie. I used to watch the show, and it was hilarious. Then, this movie comes along, and I didn't expect great things, and it wasn't. It wasn't bad, though. I found myself laughing, but some things were just so stupid. Not a great story, either. Still, a good family flick.

My Grade: B

Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:07 pm
College Boy T

You're not only special, but you're also very very slow.

Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:46 pm
College Boy Z

Maybe if you had gotten there faster...

You're not only special, but you're also very very slow.

Maybe if the jackasses at the theater didn't overbook...

Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:49 pm
College Boy T

You still wouldn't be able to sit next to your little little sister...

And, how many people got in and didn't have seats?

I'm off to see Sideways. It was sold out last weekend because of those middle-aged folk. We'll see what happens this weekend.

Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:56 pm
College Boy Z

You still wouldn't be able to sit next to your little little sister...

And, how many people got in and didn't have seats?

I'm off to see Sideways. It was sold out last weekend because of those middle-aged folk. We'll see what happens this weekend.

I saw about 5 people without seats. 3 kids were sitting on the floor, and left after they realized it was a wet floor. I wanted to leave, but my sister wanted to see the movie so bad, and I dragged her into National Treasure, so it's the least I could do.

Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:02 pm
Commander and Chef

http://www.worldofkj.com/bABA-Spongebob.php

Though one thing I will add is that in my opinion, a cartoon such as Spongebob works best as a half hour show and not a feature length film as my biggest problem with WAS the fact that it seemed extremely stretched out.

Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:58 am
Profile WWW
---------

This movie is great for fans. It is very childish at times, like bABA said, but the insanely stupid humor makes up for it. Spongebob's and Patrick's facial expressions really make up the humor. My personal favorite funny parts:
-fishes' reaction to bald king
-Ice Cream lady monster
-just jumping off the cliff for no reason
-the diver's evil laugh
-live action pirates entering movie theater and later crying

This movie almost makes you feel sad for Spongebob and Patrick at parts, especially in Shell City.

For other fans, I believe that was Ms. Puff's long lost husband in the shop, who was referenced to in that episode where Mr. Krabs takes Ms. Puff on a date.

Grade: A-

Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:00 am
La Bella Vito

I will be watching this in a bit. I will post the review later tonight.

Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:36 pm
Profile YIM WWW
College Boy Z

After a second viewing, I didn't enjoy it as much. All the laughs are gone, and very fast. C

Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:37 pm
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

In the beginning when I have always said that Sponge Bob would underperform wasnt because I was a hater of the movie. I did finally see it on dvd and loved it although I barely watch the cartoon itself. Definately it was funnier than the Incredibles and yes Roeper is right when he said that the writers were smoking weed. Odd movie but funny

A-

Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:30 pm
La Bella Vito

I really liked this movie. I thought the plot was really lame though, and could've been a hell of a lot better than it was. We could've explored the origin of these characters, and could've met their parents, that would've been much more interesting. Reguardless of the ridiculous plot the film still works, and although its not a laugh a minute, it still has its fair amount of laughs. It's a cool movie, and seeing Patrick in fish nets is quite amusing. I thought the music was funny, and the song that Spongebob sings at the end was funny. Also, the bit with Spongebob and Patrick eating all of the ice cream, and becoming drunk from it was hysterical. It was a lot more mature and adult then the episodes on television, and I think that is why I enjoyed it so much. However, I do have a complaint. I thought Sandy was overused, and considering she is one of my favorite characters I was kind of disappointed by it. Mindy, and The Bald King were great additions to the movie, and I thought Plankton was devilishly delicious as the villian. The speech scene with Spongebob was funny, and I thought the Pirates in the movie theatre crying was funny. I thought it was a great way to bring the show to the big screen, and I thought it was entertaining, and very enjoyable overall.

B

Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:19 am
Profile YIM WWW
The Lubitsch Touch

I have to say, this actually IMPROVES on repeated viewings. I so rarely find myself rewatching (more than once) recent movies these days that I am shocked, SHOCKED to realize I've probably seen this 4 or 5 times already.

"Alexander CLAM BELL?!?!?!" Pure, unbridled genius.

This movie is, I think, a wonderful tribute to the power of the imagination. Really. It's oddly inspiring, an emotion few seem capable of bringing out anymore.

There's no boundaries here. Anything goes. That disturbing ice cream monster thing....what the fuck? Exactly.

This is gonna be a personal favorite for a long time. Kudos to everyone involved.

Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:50 pm
I'm Batman

This movie is flat out amazing. It is so funny and so trippy for a Nicklodeon/Kid's movie. I found myself watching it twice in Pitt, and reciting all the songs later on. So many great little jokes between SB and Patrick. Highly recommend.

A

Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]