Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Yours, Mine and Ours (2005) 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
C 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
D 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Yours, Mine and Ours (2005) 
College Boy Z

Post Yours, Mine and Ours (2005)
Yours, Mine and Ours

Quote:
Yours, Mine & Ours is a 2005 film starring Dennis Quaid and Rene Russo. Directed by Raja Gosnell, it was released on November 23, 2005, and is a remake of the 1968 film of the same name, starring Lucille Ball and Henry Fonda. The film opened on November 23, 2005, and was produced by Paramount Pictures, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Columbia Pictures and Nickelodeon Movies.

Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:03 am
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************

As I didn't care to see this movie, I watched the last 15 minutes after Walk the Line. In seeing the end of a movie sometimes gives you the flavor of the movie and kills the need to ever see it again.

As it was a sold out show, as was everything else today, I sat in the front row.

You would not believe that for the last 15 minutes there was alot of clapping and applause - it was OK - but this seemed like a big crowd pleaser for the family / younger crowd.

Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:40 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

"Just Friends" is the perfect example of a "guy wants girl" romantic comedy. It's by-the-book. But, it has some great cast additions (mainly Anna Faris), and lots of humor. It may be a typical "romcom", but it went beyond the basics to give the audience a little more.

"Yours, Mine and Ours" is the perfect example of a family movie, complete with predictable storylines (there is nothing unpredictable about this film), family-targetted humor, and little kids acting cute.

That's the typical family movie, but what is there that adds to it? That makes it unique? ...

... well... umm...

Nope, I got nothin'! This has to be one of the worst family films I've ever seen. Dennis Quaid and Rene Russo suck in the movie. I'm not going to say they were even typical as the two opposites who attract to each other. They're actually worse than the very little the script asks of them. The families suck. The teens are typical teens, the kids are typical kids. There's a nanny in there that watches WWE Wrestling in her spare time away from the kids, while enjoying a little drink. The comedy sucks. Family movies should appeal to everyone. They don't HAVE to be just for kids. Pixar films are the prime example of fun for everyone. This can ONLY appeal to kids and maybe the Brady Bunch parents. Other than that, this is the type of film to dump kids off into, while you go and enjoy a movie like "Walk the Line", or to a far, far lesser extent, "Just Friends".

I know what you're going to ask: X, why did you see this? You HAD to know it would suck. Yep, I did. My parents rarely go to the movies. My mom last went to see "The Man" which I expected to suck but was a decent effort. My parents wanted to see "Walk the Line", and I was ready to go. Little did I know that my mom would end up wanting to see "Yours, Mine and Ours". Me and my dad could have went to see "Walk the Line", but I thought it'd be a nice thing to see a family movie as a family. Yeah, I'm 19. I love my parents, so shut up. Too bad the movie sucked. But mom liked it, if that can tell you anything (love you, Mom, but the movie sucked).

How many times have I said "sucked"? Enough to verify that the movie deserves no better than a F. That's right, it sucks as much as "Alone in the Dark".

Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:03 pm
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
"Just Friends" is the perfect example of a "guy wants girl" romantic comedy. It's by-the-book. But, it has some great cast additions (mainly Anna Faris), and lots of humor. It may be a typical "romcom", but it went beyond the basics to give the audience a little more.

"Yours, Mine and Ours" is the perfect example of a family movie, complete with predictable storylines (there is nothing unpredictable about this film), family-targetted humor, and little kids acting cute.

That's the typical family movie, but what is there that adds to it? That makes it unique? ...

... well... umm...

Nope, I got nothin'! This has to be one of the worst family films I've ever seen. Dennis Quaid and Rene Russo suck in the movie. I'm not going to say they were even typical as the two opposites who attract to each other. They're actually worse than the very little the script asks of them. The families suck. The teens are typical teens, the kids are typical kids. There's a nanny in there that watches WWE Wrestling in her spare time away from the kids, while enjoying a little drink. The comedy sucks. Family movies should appeal to everyone. They don't HAVE to be just for kids. Pixar films are the prime example of fun for everyone. This can ONLY appeal to kids and maybe the Brady Bunch parents. Other than that, this is the type of film to dump kids off into, while you go and enjoy a movie like "Walk the Line", or to a far, far lesser extent, "Just Friends".

I know what you're going to ask: X, why did you see this? You HAD to know it would suck. Yep, I did. My parents rarely go to the movies. My mom last went to see "The Man" which I expected to suck but was a decent effort. My parents wanted to see "Walk the Line", and I was ready to go. Little did I know that my mom would end up wanting to see "Yours, Mine and Ours". Me and my dad could have went to see "Walk the Line", but I thought it'd be a nice thing to see a family movie as a family. Yeah, I'm 19. I love my parents, so shut up. Too bad the movie sucked. But mom liked it, if that can tell you anything (love you, Mom, but the movie sucked).

How many times have I said "sucked"? Enough to verify that the movie deserves no better than a F. That's right, it sucks as much as "Alone in the Dark".

since your mom liked it, what sized crowd was your theater and how did the crowd like it - as I said above, I didn't think the last 15 minutes were anything great but last week's crowd were laughing and clapping for those last 15 minutes.

Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:10 pm
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

well ill tell you this, it was better than CBTD2..... its a very bad movie theres no question about that, but i had a good time watching it..... :blush:

C+

Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:42 am
Indiana Jones IV

I actually thought this movie was cute. It had a been-there-done-that feel, and we all knew that the kids would begin to love each other as they began to work together, but it was enjoyable none the less. I actually thought it was better than CBTD and funnier, too. I was also pleased to see Danielle Panabaker in it; she's definately an actress I hope to see more of in the future. A cute movie, but nothing spectacular.

B-/C+

Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:19 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]