Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Edison 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
C 75%  75%  [ 3 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4

Edison 
College Boy Z

Post Edison
Edison

Quote:
Edison (also known as Edison Force in the United States), is a 2005 American thriller film written and directed by David J. Burke, starring Morgan Freeman, LL Cool J, Justin Timberlake, and Kevin Spacey.

Promotional materials use the tagline "In this city, only the cops are above the law.", and summarise the film thus: "Upon discovering a den of corrupt policemen, a fresh-faced journalist makes a shaky alliance in a jaded reporter and investigator for a powerful district attorney."

Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:54 pm
You must have big rats

You know, this L.A. Confidential knock-off could have been something really decent if some tweakings had been made to the cast and the flow of the plot. The story is very token, but never boring. An aspiring journalist uncovers corruption among the special forces of police. He and those around him become the aim of the members of the said police force. The editor of his newspaper helps him to bring the truth to the light etc.

At the first glance, the cast is pretty good with members like Kevin Spacey and Morgan Freeman. Justin Timberlake seems to be the weakest link. However, even though he doesn't impress in any way, he is not remarkkably bad either, just somewhat bland.The sad part is that Kevin Spacey's appearance lasts less than ten minutes overall (I wonder if he was just in some way contractually obligated to do this film) and he pretty much sleepwalks through the film. Morgan Freeman is decent, but has some weird moments (like him dancing for no reason in his apartment :blink:) LL Cool J...well, eh's LL Cool J. I don't mind him, but I know many do. The film's pacing is fine and the story is told well, but everything is just so...predictable and has that been-there-done-that feel to it.

Then, all of sudden, it turns into an all-out action film in its last 15 minutes with some ridiculous action scenes (like Justin Timberlake trying to be an action hero?!) and an expected resolution. It's a decent time-waster to be seen once and forgotten for good. No surprise it was never released in theatres.

Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:35 am
Profile WWW
Star Trek XI

Yeah I agree and also went with a C. The acting wasn't bad at all even Timberlake pulled off a decent job. The problem was the story was told and how it all came together. The story was not very believeable. Corrupt cops so corrupt you could smell the cocaine intwined money in thier pockets five miles away. David Carradine's performance was fine and all, but his character in general was just out of place. His murder scene which starts off the movie is also blatently forced and just does'nt mesh. Amazingly enough after these complaints I still found it half way watchable untill the last fifteen minutes or so as Dr. LEctor said. Glad it didn't make it to theatres. Would have been an embaressment.

Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:09 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

Decent. Pretty good performances from the entire cast, including Justin Timberlake. Big problems in the story, but it's an above-average DTV. I liked it.

B-

Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:38 pm
Speed Racer

Just wanted to point out that this is acutally called Edison Force.

Firewall B
Kingdom of Heaven: Director's Cut C
Waking Life A+

Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:41 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Just wanted to point out that this is acutally called Edison Force.

This thread was created long ago when the movie was still called Edison and it was released here under that title long before the US. Which is when I saw it and requested the thread, thus the title. I hope that makes it clear :)

Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:39 pm
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

Pretty good entertaining flick, nice performances all around.

and yeah the last 15 minutes wasnt all that good very good.

C+

Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]