Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Rollercoaster Thread: For the Thrill Seekers!!! 
Teh Mexican

Post Rollercoaster Thread: For the Thrill Seekers!!!
Lets talk about your favorites amusement parks, rides, rollercoaster!

Whats your Favorite Rollercoaster?!?
my favorites are:
-At SF: Magic Mountain
Goliath

X its awsome!

and i really want to ride Top Thrill Dragster 8)

Whats your Favorite, Ride, Park and Rollercoaster??

Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:09 pm
La Bella Vito

I really don't like Rollercoasters. Rides that are extreme like that turn me off. I just have a very weak stomach, and I'm scared of them. I always have a strange feeling that it will fall off the track. Call me paranoid, but that's just how I am.

Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:11 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Kypade

and pretty much alla em at Busch Gardens Tampa...l used to go all the time...now l dont even remember most of the names :( (kumba? :?)

Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:12 pm
Top Poster

1. Texas Titan, one of the worlds tallest steel coasters

2. Texas Giant, worlds largest wooden coaster

3. Mr Freeze, 0-60mph in 3 seconds :shock: once you reach the end you go backwards

4. Batman, let your feet hang free 8)

Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:15 pm
Teh Mexican

Hulk at Islands of Adventure is good...

and pretty much alla em at Busch Gardens Tampa...l used to go all the time...now l dont even remember most of the names :( (kumba? :?)

HULK! i forgot about that!! it looks awsome!!
hopefully next year im going to Orlando, and go to Islands of Adventure

Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:15 pm
Teh Mexican

Six Flags over Texas:

1. Texas Titan, one of the worlds tallest steel coasters

2. Texas Giant, worlds largest wooden coaster

3. Mr Freeze, 0-60mph in 3 seconds :shock: once you reach the end you go backwards

i dont like Batman : the ride, your feet hurt!!

Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:17 pm
Indiana Jones IV

just read the username :wink: ....i love rollercoasters even though i havent been on many some i have been on

Jack Rabbit at Seabreeze (Rochester, Ny)

Quantam Loop at Seabreeze (Rochester, Ny)

Bobsleds at Seabreeze (Rochester NY)

Superman at Six Flags Darien Lake (Buffalo NY)

Viper at Six Flags Darien Lake (Buffalo NY)

Predator at Six Flags Darien Lake (Buffalo NY)

Boomerang at Six Flags Darien Lake (Buffalo NY)

Mind Eraser at Six Flags Darien Lake (Buffalo NY)

Liberalism is a Mental Disorder - BUY THE BOOK NOW!!! On New York Times Best Seller List 9 Weeks in a Row

Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:18 pm
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

on May i went to Magic Mountain, and for the first time i got to ride Déjà Vu..... :shock: ...its was great!!!, at first i was thinking its going to suck bad, but its awsome!!

Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:23 pm
I just lost the game

wtf, Six Flags over St. Louis has bother of those.

And they're better too. So HA!

BTW, The Boss will eat your soul.

Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:25 pm
Hot Fuss

YAY! Rollercoasters. I love them. I have been on sooo many! I cant even begin to name them all! I was actually let down by Six Flags: Magic Mountain when I went last year. I liked Golaith, but it wasn't all that I heard it was. I liked it alot, but it wasnt heaven like I expected. Perhaps I like good old theming etc. Thank GOD I live in Florida.

The Best Roller Coasters IMO:
Bush Gardens Tampa Bay (My home park, went last weekend):
GWAZI: kickass wooden dueling coaster:

^Its hard to get a sense of scale of the ride. It is a mammoth! In the last pic, you can see where the two tracks dive at eachother if you look closely.

SHEIKRA: Comming in the Spring: The largest, longest, fastest, and flipping Vertical Drop Coaster in the world and the first in the US. This is the only picture I have, and its pooey. But the ride will rock....

KUMBA: A Steel giant.... 7 flips and one of my favorites.

MONTU: My all time favorite ride.... intense as hell.... the biggest around, too :P

SEA WORLD: Orlando

Journey to Atlanitis- actually a watercoaster... half water ride, half coaster, I wont spoil you furthur....

KRAKEN - a close runnerup for my favorite... floorless, 75mph 7 flipping king...

ISLANDS of ADVENTURE - the ultimate thrill park with top notch coasters including:

THE HULK:

DEULING DRAGONS:

Even bigger than Montu when you add the two tracks, which EACH do 60mph and 7 flips..... one kickass ride.

Those are just some of the 40odd major coasters we have in florida. I love my parks because they are much higher quality than those of even CA. Magic Mountain was CRAP compared to the Florida parks. While the rides are not as tall (you cant build that high here - you will hit water after a few feet) or even as fast, they are better built, beautiful, and create an amazing enviroment. Even the Disney parks, with more mild rides, create an amazing sense of awe. Its about the magic the park creates. Thats why I say the rest of the parks IN THE WORLD can take lessons from the FLA parks.

Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:43 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hot Fuss

on May i went to Magic Mountain, and for the first time i got to ride Déjà Vu..... :shock: ...its was great!!!, at first i was thinking its going to suck bad, but its awsome!!

Deja Vu sucked. Lol. you have not lived till youve tried Florida... namely the Hulk. What. A. Ride.

Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:45 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Teh Mexican

matatonio wrote:

Deja Vu sucked. Lol. you have not lived till youve tried Florida... namely the Hulk. What. A. Ride.

it was better than i expected! ....i LIKE IT! :P

Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:47 pm
College Boy T

But, out of those, Millenium Force (aw, dang! LOVE this ride), Raptor, Wicked Twister, Blue Streak, and Gemini are my fav's.

TTD isn't that nice. It's worth the wait...the first time you ride it. But, it isn't fun! Plus, it breaks down all the time.

The one thing that is nice about it, though, is that it's entertaining to watch. And because you can see it almost anywhere in the park, and hear the screams almost anywhere in the park...

Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:53 pm
Extraordinary

Actually, y'all surprise me a bit. everyone seems to love coasters based on sheer size and/or speed. What happened to esthetics? Nostaligia? WOOD?

I l.o.v.e. wooden coasters. I actually think they're quite pretty, and something about them reminds me of building cranes and the eiffel tower. Anyone here from Connecticut? My favorite coaster is in Lake Compuonce, which also happens to be my favorite park. I don't like all the new Six Flags parks. They feel about as prefab and lacking in character as a Levitown suburban house.

I'm still mad they bought over Great Adventures in Jersey, which I always used to go to as a kid.

Anyhow, at Compounce there is a new wood coaster they build into the side of a mountain. So Even though it only goes 60 mph, and doesn't have any loops, its beautiful. You get to weave in and out of the trees, and feel like if you put your hands up you could practically grab the branches. Plus they didn't white-paint the coaster, but instead left it wood color, so it really blends into the mountain too. Its fabulous, has a great view, and is pretty unique amongst coasters, IMO. I also like how they have a whole lake there, and you can walk around, take a chair lift to the top of the mountain, and their are fun water rides too.

I also like Busch Gardens, VA, but mostly because Lockness and Big Bad Wolf were the first roller coasters I ever went on. So there is a nostaligia factos. Plus, the Busch Clydsale horses are not to be missed. They're gorgeous, and the two times I've gone to the park I stare at them for at least 1/2 an hour and keep coming back throughout the day to look at them too.

-Dolce

Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:17 pm
life begins now

The only "big" place I've been is Kings Island and my favs there are The Beast, The Son of Beast, Drop Zone, The Vortex and Flight of Fear.

Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:50 pm
Profile YIM
Sbil

I love all the rides at Paramount's Kings Dominion:
Volcano
Flight of Fear
Hypersonic XLC (this one is intense)
Shockwave

Hershey Park and Busch Gardens Tampa are great too. My all-time favorite ride probably has to be the original wooden coaster at Coney Island.

Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:55 pm
life begins now

I love all the rides at Paramount's Kings Dominion:

Flight of Fear

I wonder if it's the same as the one at King's Island? Is it inside?

Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:57 pm
Profile YIM
College Boy T

Hypersonic ain't intense! It's sooo smooth. Arg, who am I kidding. I had something going down my spine when I crept inside the chair...

Chris, yeah. Flight of Fear is inside. It's a decent ride; I haven't been to Kings Dominion in three years, or so. I end up spending two days at Cedar Point with family or going to the nearby Six Flags (the lines are waay too long, though).

Busch Gardens in general is a very scenic park. There's only four coasters or so (all are fun - Lockness, Big Bad Wolf, Apollo's Chariot, and Alpengeist), but it's a pleasure to walk through. I once got stuck on the Big Bad Wolf in the rain. Front car. You can imagine how that turned out on those perfectly sideway turns!

Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:25 pm
All Star Poster

my favourite ride there is Oblivion:

other notable rides there : nemesis -

and Air :

Last edited by Bodrul on Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:19 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

http://www.frontiernet.net/~domonroe3/jakrab04.html

Liberalism is a Mental Disorder - BUY THE BOOK NOW!!! On New York Times Best Seller List 9 Weeks in a Row

Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:25 pm
Profile WWW
King Albert!

Ghostrider at Knotts Berry Farm.

Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:17 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

I LOVE rollefcoasters, but we don't have the amazing ones over here as you do over there, in the USA :cry:

Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:00 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

My favorite coaster.

Ghostrider at Knotts Berry Farm.

I have been at the Knott's Berry Farm with Kelley in April It was great, but my favorite rollercoaster there was Boomerang. Backward loops! :shock: :D

Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:01 pm
Profile WWW
Teenage Dream

I LOVE rollercoasters!!!! I can't wait to ride some on Saturday at Paramount's Kings Dominion!

Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:07 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Oh boy, ROLLERCOASTERS!!!!!!! Coasters are one of my favorite things ever, I love love love them.

Best park in the world: Cedar Point. What an awesome place. They've got Millenium Force (one of my three favorite coasters ever - awesome ride), Raptor, Gemini, Mean Streak (this one gets a bad rep for being too shaky and painful, but I think that's part of the fun....plus a bird flew into my sister's face when we were riding it! Just its wing hit her though, no damage done), Magnum (this one has deteriorated with time, unfortunately, but its still fun), and Mantis...to name a few. There's no better place on Earth to experience roller coasters.

I've also been to Six Flags Magic Mountain, Paramount King's Island, Busch Gardens Tampa (Montu is another one of my favorites...what a rush), Hershey Park, and Islands of Adventure. Islands of Adventure has the best ride aesthetics/themes I've ever seen. Who knew waiting in line could actually be somewhat fun and interesting? Dueling Dragons is the best example of this, I had a blast weaving through the queue in that beautiful, huge castle.

My favorite ride ever is Shivering Timbers at Michigan's Adventure. It's not the tallest or fastest or longest coaster, but there's something about it that makes it an absolute joy to ride. Its a wooden coaster with a TON of big airtime hills, and every time I ride it I get ecstatic - sometimes I'll be laughing hysterically throughout the entire ride, just from the pleasure it brings me to ride it. On one visit to the park, I rode it 9 times in a day...5 of those rides were consecutive. That experience battered and bruised me like whoa, but it was awesome. By the end I was literally exhausted from laughing and screaming and getting tossed about on the ride.

God I love roller coasters. I would ride any coaster ever built, no matter how crazy or extreme they might get some day. A 500 foot tall coaster, perhaps? Bring it on, baby. :woo:

Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next