Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 983 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40  Next
 The '24: Season 5' Thread 
New Server, Same X

Post The '24: Season 5' Thread
Okay, so I'm going ahead with this Season 5 thread now, because there's plenty to tell about Season 5 of "24" already. Don't worry, I will NOT be starting any more TV threads. I fully plan on keeping up-to-date with Family Guy/American Dad and Prison Break, and now 24. So, coming up in the next post will be some information on Season 5 of 24 (spoilers are coming left and right, so don't tell me that you weren't warned).

Last edited by Mister Ecks on Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:05 pm
New Server, Same X

Season Premiere: January 15th, 2006 (Part of a 2-night, 4-hour premiere between January 15th and 16th from 8-10pm EST on FOX)

Episode Order: 24 (Duh.)

Final season?: Unknown.

Air Dates: New episodes every week (that's right, kids. another season without pre-emptions) until its May finale (presumably on May 22nd, for a two-hour finale)

24: Season 5 Major Plot

Season five picks up 18 months later as national security is brutally breached and the thrilling clock begins to tick again. A presumably dead Jack Bauer is actually living a new life with DIANE (Connie Britton) and her son DEREK (Brady Corbet). Panicky PRESIDENT LOGAN (Gregory Itzin) is running the nation, while composed BILL BUCHANAN (James Morrison) commands CTU alongside key operatives CURTIS MANNING (Roger Cross), EDGAR STILES (Louis Lombardi) and CHLOE O'BRIAN (Mary Lynn Rajskub). Also featured in season five will be Emmy Award-winning actress Jean Smart as First Lady MARTHA LOGAN.

Last edited by Mister Ecks on Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:52 pm
New Server, Same X

Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer (Seasons 1-4)

Mary Lynn Rajskub as Chloe O'Brien (Seasons 3-4)

Carlos Bernard as Tony Almeida (Seasons 1-4)

Kim Raver as Audrey Raines (Season 4)

Gregory Itzin as President Logan (Season 4)

Jean Smart as First Lady Martha Logan (new cast member)

Connie Britton as Diane [Jack's new love interest] (new cast member)

Brady Corbet as Derek [Diane's son] (new cast member)

Louis Lombardi as Edgar Stiles (Season 4)

James Morrison as Bill Buchanan (Season 4)

Roger Cross as Curtis Manning (Season 4)

Sean Astin as unknown [Works for CTU] (new cast member)

Credits:
Image Host 24 Fans
The Futon Critic

Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:52 pm
New Server, Same X

24: The Rumors of Season Five (Official Warning: There are MAJOR SPOILERS in this post. Final warning.)

The writers want to bring back 24's shock value and they plan on killing off several series regulars right off the bat. I've been hearing that the original plan was to kill off at least two series regulars within the first few opening minutes of the premiere (The assassinations have a direct connection to Jack). Somehow elements within the United States Government and possibly the Chinese Government discover that Jack is still alive and they know his suspicious death was an elaborate hoax. (The season five DVD exclusive prequel will will likely deal with how they know Jack's alive.) In order to suppress the diplomatic damage, Jack Bauer and all of the people who know he's alive are being hunted down and killed, one by one. The season takes place well after Jack fled the U.S. and it's impossible to know exactly who knows that Jack's still alive. We all know Tony, Michelle and Chloe know but the people erasing Jack may think others close to Jack know. Audrey, Kim, Chase and even Secretary Heller may be targeted for assassination.

----------------------------------------------

President Palmer, Mike Novick and Michelle Dessler will be back for at least the first episode.

Take that for what it's worth. Two people will presumably be offed in the first show. It could be anyone in Jack's circle, not necessarily two of these three.

Credit-
24 Insider

Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:06 pm
New Server, Same X

Seems like the previously announced return of "24" has been held off for one week. January 8th was the original Season 5 premiere date, however it has been announced that the show will not return until January 15th. I guess FOX might be trying to work out how to air 24, Prison Break, House and Bones, should all shows be on after January on FOX. I'm assuming that Prison Break will not end after 13 episodes, so with good ratings, expect a full season order. House and 24 are no-brainers, with Bones being the only question mark. If ratings contunue to slip, I would expect House to return to the post-Idol timeslot on FOX this January, with Prison Break and 24 sharing Mondays.

Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:26 pm
laneyboy

I never really got into 24 when it was first on ( I think I saw some of Season 3), but I've given it another show now that they show 4 episodes every Monday on A&E and I've really gotten into it. I'll have to get the DVD's to be caught up in time for season 5, but I can't wait for it start.

Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:31 pm
Profile WWW
Top Poster

I hope this plot is fake, because It's just plain stupid? Ok so the chinese shoot their own diplomat, during a break in, and now multiple people will die becuase Jack stopped WWIII with China. Had Marwan been able to detonate the nuke last year that what would have happened. The U.S. would have blamed the China men and Dropped a couple of dumb dumbs on them.

Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:50 am
Team Kris

Hmm... it seems that Kim raver is working more with Sean Astin.

Lucky her. She seems to be taping more than one episode on her second season. A feat never done by Jack's ill-fated lovers. Unless you count Nina.

Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:44 pm
i break the rules, so i don't care

Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:47 pm
No Wire Tampons!

I never got how 24 gets away with recylcing the same formula so much AND it does what Alias gets slaughterd for - mission based episodes [or seasons, as it were].
Humph. I enjoyed the parts of season one and four i watched; but theres nothing thats really gripped me about the show for some reason.

P.S - The new cast members don't look great. There was an excellent vilaness who they should employ fulltime.

Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:04 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

I never got how 24 gets away with recylcing the same formula so much AND it does what Alias gets slaughterd for - mission based episodes [or seasons, as it were].
Humph. I enjoyed the parts of season one and four i watched; but theres nothing thats really gripped me about the show for some reason.

P.S - The new cast members don't look great. There was an excellent vilaness who they should employ fulltime.

It's not like Alias doesn't recycle. Sydney puts on a wig, kicks someone's ass, gets some information, Sloane tries to convince everyone he's a good guy, Marshall talks really fast. :mad:

Can't I love BOTH shows?!

Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:06 pm
No Wire Tampons!

Michael wrote:

It's not like Alias doesn't recycle. Sydney puts on a wig, kicks someone's ass, gets some information, Sloane tries to convince everyone he's a good guy, Marshall talks really fast. :mad:

Thats what im saying - Alias gets skewered for doing basically what 24 is entirely based upon; Alias is expected to be filled with explosive revelations every 30 seconds whilst 24 is basically expected to be entirely formulaic to its own confines. I.E it gets an easier life because it refuses to take opportunity of what made it so gripping in season one; which from what ive seen is the best.

Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:22 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Mr. X wrote:
Michael wrote:

Thats what im saying - Alias gets skewered for doing basically what 24 is entirely based upon; Alias is expected to be filled with explosive revelations every 30 seconds whilst 24 is basically expected to be entirely formulaic to its own confines. I.E it gets an easier life because it refuses to take opportunity of what made it so gripping in season one; which from what ive seen is the best.

On the badass scale

Keifer Sutherland- 9.5
Jennifer Garner- negative 2

PERIOD :tongue:

Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:07 pm
Profile WWW
Team Kris

The 24 Insider has a synopsis for the made-for-DVD prequel and a WTF??? guest star on the show.

Hint on the guest star: A republican Senator. :lol:

Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:36 pm
No Wire Tampons!

Michael wrote:
Mr. X wrote:
Michael wrote:

On the badass scale

Keifer Sutherland- 9.5
Jennifer Garner- negative 2

PERIOD :tongue:

Wow. great logic there.

Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:44 pm
Profile WWW

DO I EVEN NEED TO HIGHLIGHT THIS

President David Palmer will be killed.

Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:05 pm
Team Kris

WOW

More casting news:

The 24 is going all retro-1980's on us!!!

Julian Sands (A Room WIth A View), Peter Weller (ROBOCOP!!!!! NICE!!!!), and JoBeth Williams (The Big Chill ---- A BIG YAYYYY FROM ME!) join the cast and they're all connected to Jack. Julian Sands plays one of the villains, while Weller and Williams are part of Jack's past (good or bad, we shall see).

Everything sounds terrific on paper, just hope this season really delivers!

Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:25 pm

Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:57 pm
New Server, Same X

Frank Flynn is a badass alias

Flynn will kick major ass.

Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:37 pm
New Server, Same X

By next week, we'll be on the homestretch. From today, just 18 days until the big night. Let's kick up some discussion. Anyone planning on watching all four seasons before the 15th? I'd try to pull off the ultimate marathon of all four seasons at once without break or sleep, but I won't pull it off. Might as well start slow. I think I can, I think I can...

Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:47 pm
Team Kris

By next week, we'll be on the homestretch. From today, just 18 days until the big night. Let's kick up some discussion. Anyone planning on watching all four seasons before the 15th? I'd try to pull off the ultimate marathon of all four seasons at once without break or sleep, but I won't pull it off. Might as well start slow. I think I can, I think I can...

KCAL-9, a state channel, has been airing Day 1 every Sunday at 11:00 PM... I have Season 2,3, and 4 on DVD so...

BRING ON THE MARATHON :biggrin:

Joey, have you ventured on the spoilerrific photos on IMdb??? :sad:

Oh well, I already saw one of them coming, I just hope it's very integral to the plot.

Oh... and... [spoil]Kim Bauer is definitely returning[/spoil]

And casting is pretty interesting... Jayne Atkinson, Stephen Spinella, and Jonah Lotan join the cast and they're all Broadway/theatre actors. Jonah Lotan is one to watch - the 'supposed' eye-candy, and Chloe's 'love interest.'

All the news about Jean Smart's character is also very exciting.

Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:00 pm
New Server, Same X

Yes, I ventured into the pictures page. Didn't like seeing the spoiler that I saw, but I hear it's not the only "spoiler" of the first few episodes, if you catch my drift.

I just saw Jean Smart on "Frasier" a few days ago. Going to be different for me to see her in a dramatic role on "24".

Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:10 pm
Just a few weeks ago season 4 finished here...though never was watching it before, so didn't mind. But now after it, am pumped up for 5th, and hopefully there'll be some torrents quickly available after premiere in US.

Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:51 pm
You must have big rats

Season Four starts airing here around the same time Season 5 starts in the US.

Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:07 am
Profile WWW
Angels & Demons

I watched Season 4 last year without watching any of the previous seasons. Now I got my hands on Season 1-3 and am in the middle of Season 2. All I can say is WOW! I know some people say the show is very recycled but I could watch 10 seasons of it. Can't wait to see what is in store for Season 5.

Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:24 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 983 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40  Next