Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2603 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 105  Next
 The 'Lost' Thread (Season 2) 
Draughty

Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:44 pm
Profile WWW

And Cooper's Mercedes for sure is not from 80's.

Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:45 pm
You must have big rats

Well...considering the Iraq war was over by the time of one of Sayid's flashbacks, it sure is in the 90s...

Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:46 pm
Profile WWW
No reason to think all of the flashbacks are from same time.

Anyway, will try to find some timeline for it.

Here's one: http://tviv.org/Lost/Timeline

12 Years BPC 10/5/1992 Emily Annabeth Locke is admitted to the Santa Rosa Mental Health Institution - ah, another connection

Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:49 pm
problem?

Has anyone noticed how retro the flashbacks are? You never see someone whip out a cell phone or log onto the internet or any other common modern things. The level of technology and general visible modernness in the flashbacks is around mid-80s. Look at that relic polaroid camera the doctor used for instance, but not just that one thing.

WaltwasplayingwithaGameBoyAdvanceSPinoneofhisandMichael'sflashbacks.Sets thestoryinatleast2003,ortheymessedupbyshowinghimwithit.

Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:52 pm
Draughty

Archie Gates wrote:
Has anyone noticed how retro the flashbacks are? You never see someone whip out a cell phone or log onto the internet or any other common modern things. The level of technology and general visible modernness in the flashbacks is around mid-80s. Look at that relic polaroid camera the doctor used for instance, but not just that one thing.

WaltwasplayingwithaGameBoyAdvanceSPinoneofhisandMichael'sflashbacks.Sets thestoryinatleast2003,ortheymessedupbyshowinghimwithit.

Yeah, I agree the story seems to be set in modern times. I was just commenting on how some of the flashbacks seemed very old. I know there's only so much they can do with makeup to make them look younger but Hurley looked just like he did on the island yet like I said there was no visible signs of modernness in his flashback.

It might be just a budget thing, I guess.

@Nebs good catch on the Locke relative looney bin connection.

Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:25 pm
Profile WWW
Draughty

OK there goes the first batch of posts that got lost :lol:

For people reading this in later days, there were about 10 posts after the one above that disappeared for technical/site change reasons.

@Nebs: do you think the Desmond/Jack connection is pure coincidence or some deeper intended meaning?

Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:28 pm
Profile WWW

I just forgot that one. But also I don't consider it a connection. He's not a lostaway, and feels more like a plot point, rather than connection like others. So probably a deeper meaning.

Think it would have had more effect when we saw him in hatch if he had been introduced in Jack's flahsback much earlier. And not just an episode or two before (or same episode? can't remember).

Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:55 pm
Lord of filth

Two for the Road is probably an Ana-Lucia episode based on SpoilerFix info.

I'm assuming it's about her and her child before she was shot.

Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:35 pm
Profile WWW
life begins now

That definently was a weird episode. It started off great, slumped a little, then went out with a bang, although it wasn't too surprising. I can't wait for next week.

Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:39 pm
Profile YIM
loyalfromlondon

I agree with andaroo that the Dave on the island seemed more like a product of the island than of Hurley's imagination. He behaved in much the same way that Jack's dad and Walt did, running off into the jungle and all that. It seems like whoever controls these island hallucinations can read the lostaways' minds, as no one would have known what Dave looked like or acted like except for Hurley. It would also seem that they tried to make Hurley kill himself, but why?

Dave being imaginary in Hurley flashback was kind of a giveaway - why else would they show the bit with the picture taking? - but Libby showing up at the end was a real shock. I wonder how long until we get her flashback? If Two for the Road is Ana-Lucia's, then it's plausible that the other two will be Kate and Libby flashbacks, but who knows.

I was a bit disappointed that the Henry Gale storyline was pushed to the side in favor of Hurley's, I felt they could have done less "Hurley eats too much" and more "who are the others". Henry telling Locke that the button does nothing was predictable, as Jack's already done that repeatedly. But I feel like he's not telling Locke the whole truth - how would he know what a magnet sounds like? - so possibly he knows what happens when the timer runs down. But, if that's the case, why would he tell Locke that it's a joke? Wouldn't he want Locke to keep pushing the button to stop whatever happens? I have a feeling that this won't be solved until the finale.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:18 pm
Forum General

If Two for the Road is Ana-Lucia's, then it's plausible that the other two will be Kate and Libby flashbacks, but who knows.

Hmmm.... 3 female centric episodes in a row? Not to mention the one before it will be half Rose-centric.
I think it would be pretty awesome but unlikely!

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:57 pm
Lord of filth

Well...considering the Iraq war was over by the time of one of Sayid's flashbacks, it sure is in the 90s...

Sayid's story is the one that dates the show the best.

Sayid was 23 at the end of the Iraq war which was 1991 and then spent 7 years as a torturer, which pushes the timeline to 1998/1999, then he spends an undetermined amount of years searching for Nadia.

But the give away is "The Greater Good" which clearly takes place post 2001 due to the American/Australian anti-terrorism partnership and there are echos of the Second Gulf War, which would place it around 2003 at the latest.

So yeah, I think everything points to 2004ish.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:26 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

I think there is some sort of time travel or time continuum involved in explaining the whole thing at the very end.

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:35 am
You must have big rats

FOr those that missed it...

Two for the Road is probably an Ana-Lucia episode based on SpoilerFix info.

I'm assuming it's about her and her child before she was shot.

If that is so, we'll get a Rose/Bernard episode, an Ana-Lucia episode and probably a Kate episode and a Sawyer episode.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:08 am
Profile WWW
Draughty

I had missed the first 5 minutes of this last episode, and just recently saw it last night. Destroying that food, which other islanders need, was the dumbest scene on any major show that I've seen this year.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:04 pm
Profile WWW
Well, in all fairness, the food wasting was carried out by a couple of crazies. Hurley had an imaginary friend who made him eat, as Hurley just can't help but be a great big fatty. While we don't know why Libby was in Santa Rosa, she looked like some kind of murderer (it was the hair).

I remember when i watched that scene, i was thinking it was a dream, then he started throwing the food everywhere and i thought it was a dream more, and then they go in for the kiss and i was SURE it was a dream, and then it was real. It was really inconsiderate of Hurely to just waste the food like that, but to take the other side for a second, it isn't as if the islanders as starving without it. The "fancy" food is more of a luxury, but it was still less than genius for Hurley to waste all that food.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:37 pm
You must have big rats

Destroying that food, which other islanders need, was the dumbest scene on any major show that I've seen this year.

I absolutely agree with that. I wanted to hit Hurley for doing that. So incredibly idiotic. I kept thinking that must be some dream scene because no normal person would do that...

Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:46 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Archie Gates wrote:
Destroying that food, which other islanders need, was the dumbest scene on any major show that I've seen this year.

I absolutely agree with that. I wanted to hit Hurley for doing that. So incredibly idiotic. I kept thinking that must be some dream scene because no normal person would do that...

Me too! Then the other food shows up out of nowhere, so I assumed it was a dream sequence.

Boy, was I wrong.

Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:51 am
Lord of filth

Archie Gates wrote:

Other than the fact that if he told anybody else, they would kill him.

Was safer for him to destroy it then give it to the other Lostaways.

Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:00 pm
Profile WWW
Doubt that was what he was thinking, plus doubt that writters would write some hate towards him from others.

It was stupid scene, especially when dozen other lostaways came running there and didn't noticed all that food on ground.

Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:56 pm
loyalfromlondon

Archie Gates wrote:

I totally thought that it was a dream, especially when Libby went to kiss him. I could just see Hurley waking up from that. But, unfortunately, it wasn't.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:58 pm
Devil's Advocate

Kind've a random note, but I was just watching "Homecoming", and there's some foreshadowing towards the Sun pregnancy I believe. Jin asks about the baby(Claire's), then some suspense score comes on while Sun says the baby is fine. I think it was much too focused on to be just a coincidence. Kind've proves that these guys aren't just making up this stuff as it goes on.

Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:08 pm
You must have big rats

I'm not sure if it has been posted, but here is an official synopsis for the 20th episode "Two for the Road"

[spoil]Jack and Kate bring an exhausted Michael back to the camp, and with him, news about "The Others." Meanwhile, Ana Lucia attempts to get the prisoner to confess, and Hurley plans a surprise date for Libby.[/spoil]

So, I assume, it will be the flashback episode of [spoil]either Kate or Michael[/spoil].

Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:17 pm
Profile WWW
I'm not sure if it has been posted, but here is an official synopsis for the 20th episode "Two for the Road"

[spoil]Jack and Kate bring an exhausted Michael back to the camp, and with him, news about "The Others." Meanwhile, Ana Lucia attempts to get the prisoner to confess, and Hurley plans a surprise date for Libby.[/spoil]

So, I assume, it will be the flashback episode of [spoil]either Kate or Michael[/spoil].

[spoil]
They'll still interogate him? I think they should just bring Danielle for that. God knows rest of them are incompetent. Or is it another prisoner? Someone posted that Jack/Kate went with Gale for 'trade'.

As for Hurley/Libby, sweet. But Hugo, just don't kill her please. Therefore, no sitting on a tree, kissing.

Oh yes. Dr., andaroo saw on spoilerfix that it might be Ana Lucia's centered episode.[/spoil]

Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2603 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 105  Next