Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Blade II 

What grade would you give this film?
A 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
B 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Blade II 
College Boy Z

Post Blade II
Blade II

Quote:
Blade II is a 2002 vampire action film based on the fictional Marvel Comics character Blade. It is a sequel to the film Blade, and the second in the Blade film series. It is directed by Guillermo del Toro, and was written by David S. Goyer, who returned from the previous film. In addition, Wesley Snipes returned for the lead role and again as a producer.

The story was somewhat weaker, but the direction was so much better, along with the action scenes.

A

Last edited by zingy on Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:42 am
Extraordinary

I personally thought the 1st one was better but I pretty much like both of em, fun and entertaining.

- B

Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:59 pm
Homo Dperious

Slightly better then Hellboy, but weaker then the original IMO. I still have not seen the first few minutes. I missed the very beginning at the theater. I'll need to rent it sometime, if I don't end up buying it first.

Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:18 pm
Profile ICQ
Veteran

C-

Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:09 am
Profile WWW
We had our time together

I LOVED it in theaters and it is a pretty good movie on DVD too. It has way more action and it's more violent. B+

Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:13 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Ok sequel to a so-so original. Nothing special.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:38 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

This sequel simply blew me away. I liked the original, but never considered it a masterpiece of its genre. I thought it was a creative and well-made movie with its flaws. The sequel, however, is one of the best fun rides I have ever witnessed. Guillermo del Toro was obviously a great choice for the director with his excellent visual style. The movie is even more creative than the original and the Reapers are great villians and something that we haven't really seen before.

The movie flows very well, the action scenes are aplenty and all of them are equally exciting. I also liked that the movie did not have a happy end in the traditional sense. The final showdown between Nomak and Blade was amazing. Blade II is definitely one of the best Marvel adaptations to date and certainly stands out as the best Blade film.

Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:40 am
Profile WWW
Where will you be?

Still my third favorite comic book movie ever (behind Spider-Man 2 and Batman Begins.) A/A-

Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:30 am
loyalfromlondon

Post Re: Blade II
A big improvement over the original, as it's got a more interesting story, superb direction by del Toro, and much improved effects. Blade teaming up with his enemies to defeat the Reapers is a lot more original than the typical "take over the world" plot of the first one, and the dynamics between the three groups works remarkably well. The villains are fleshed out a bit more and Blade is made a bit more... human, while the action scenes, despite being just as well-choreographed, are much better shot and a lot more stylish. Just an overall improvement.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:51 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: Blade II
I felt this was pretty much similar to the original but with better visuals. I liked the first half's story more than the action but the second half wasn't great story wise but with better action and ending though at times unnecessarily convoluted. The creature designs and villains are great this time bringing the sense of dread and I liked the collaboration. GDT's presence is felt but he is still reined in here in comparison to his recent movies. Snipes was still great in here and he continues to make this character his own.

B-

Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]