Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 The 'Six Feet Under' Thread 
La Bella Vito

Post The 'Six Feet Under' Thread
Since the show is only 4 days from premiering its fourth and last season I thought I would be appropiate to create this thread. It's one of my favorite shows on television. I am so glad it is finally going to be on again. I now have a great substitute for Desperate Housewives since it is over. I have a feeling this season is going to be filled with so many surprises, and revelations with each and every character involved in the show. I'm really anticipating this, and I know I'm not the only SFU fan here. I've seen a few others.

P.S.

Someone please Sticky this!

Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:23 pm
Profile YIM WWW
life begins now

Will this season be in consideration for the Emmy's this year, or will it have to wait until next year?

Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:39 pm
Profile YIM
Extraordinary

Sucks I never followed the show, nor did I follow Deadwood. I love Sopranos though, best show i've ever seen on tv. I'll probably see if my rental store has the first season for rent.

Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:02 pm
La Bella Vito

Sucks I never followed the show, nor did I follow Deadwood. I love Sopranos though, best show i've ever seen on tv. I'll probably see if my rental store has the first season for rent.

You are truly missing out dude. It is one of the most brilliant shows on television. Superbly written, and great acting.

Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:25 am
Profile YIM WWW
Forum General

I've been wanting to catch up on this show (and The Sopranos) for a long time now.

I'll Netflix both of them eventually. Maybe.

Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:10 am
Profile WWW
La Bella Vito

I've been wanting to catch up on this show (and The Sopranos) for a long time now.

I'll Netflix both of them eventually. Maybe.

The second and third season were very good, especially what happens to one of the characters in season 3. I'm not going to spoil it for you, but it is definitely something you should see. It is not to be missed. Strongly recommended.

Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:52 am
Profile YIM WWW
Forum General

Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:00 am
La Bella Vito

what kind of show is it?

It's a Drama mostly, but it always has its funny moments.

Here's a Plot Summary show. I think you should watch it Bill, its a very interesting show, and you really feel connected to the characters.

Nate Fisher, his wife Ruth, and their children David and Claire run a small funeral business that offers the best care to be found anywhere close by. Prodigal son Nate Jr. arrives home for Christmas just as his father is killed by a bus, and has to stick around when he and David are willed the funeral service together. How does a family who helps others deal with grief deal with its own?

But that's the first season, its gets a lot more complicated than that as the season progresses.

Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:08 am
Profile YIM WWW
Forum General

Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:25 am
La Bella Vito

I might just start watching

Well, its premieres on HBO on June 6th, at 9:00PM I believe.

You do have HBO don't you?

Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:28 am
Profile YIM WWW
Forum General

lovemerox wrote:

yeah...i got all the movie channels boi...what you take me for!

Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:29 am
La Bella Vito

Vincent wrote:
lovemerox wrote:

yeah...i got all the movie channels boi...what you take me for!

Okay, just making sure. And what is up with you not calling me anymore, fuck turd. [-(

Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:31 am
Profile YIM WWW
It's an extremely demanding show since it's heavy on plot. But if you've followed the show religiously, it's great.

Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:06 am
La Bella Vito

It's an extremely demanding show since it's heavy on plot. But if you've followed the show religiously, it's great.

I have never missed an episode, so I have to say it has been very rewarding for me. It is such an addicting show, once you see one episode you have to see the next. It amazes me how similair our taste is in tv shows loyal, because wasn't it you that said you watched Starting Over? You were the only other person too besides myself.

Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:55 am
Profile YIM WWW
loyalfromlondon wrote:

I have never missed an episode, so I have to say it has been very rewarding for me. It is such an addicting show, once you see one episode you have to see the next. It amazes me how similair our taste is in tv shows loyal, because wasn't it you that said you watched Starting Over? You were the only other person too besides myself.

We're brothers from different mothers, you and I. :razz:

I was very disappointed in season 2 of Starting Over. Besides the antics of Deborah, Tess, and Sommer, there wasn't much drama in the show.

Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:05 am
La Bella Vito

Vincent wrote:
loyalfromlondon wrote:

I was very disappointed in season 2 of Starting Over. Besides the antics of Deborah, Tess, and Sommer, there wasn't much drama in the show.

I did not like Season 2 very much either. It was quite boring to be completely honest. Especially in comparison to Season 1, which I thought was amazing. I also thought the housemates in S1 were much more likeable, and more genuine. My got to meet Rhonda and the other life coach at a convention in Los Angeles, and she took pictures. My mom gave Rhonda an autum leaf plate, because my mom read somewhere that she collects them, so she got her one, and Rhonda loved it, and gave my mom a hug. Too bad I wasn't there. My 3 other sisters, who are fans of the show (18,13,11) also went to the convention.

Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:11 am
Profile YIM WWW
loyalfromlondon wrote:
Vincent wrote:
loyalfromlondon wrote:

I did not like Season 2 very much either. It was quite boring to be completely honest. Especially in comparison to Season 1, which I thought was amazing. I also thought the housemates in S1 were much more likeable, and more genuine. My got to meet Rhonda and the other life coach at a convention in Los Angeles, and she took pictures. My mom gave Rhonda an autum leaf plate, because my mom read somewhere that she collects them, so she got her one, and Rhonda loved it, and gave my mom a hug. Too bad I wasn't there. My 3 other sisters, who are fans of the show (18,13,11) also went to the convention.

How cool!

Rhonda seems very nice on the show so it's no surprise she's just as likable in person. Hopefully season 3 turns the show around. I really like Dr. Stan. Iyanla, with her mother earth wisdom, slowly, very slowly, grew on me. I still think she over enunciates everything. Annoying as hell.

Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:18 am
La Bella Vito

Vincent wrote:
loyalfromlondon wrote:
Vincent wrote:
loyalfromlondon wrote:

How cool!

Rhonda seems very nice on the show so it's no surprise she's just as likable in person. Hopefully season 3 turns the show around. I really like Dr. Stan. Iyanla, with her mother earth wisdom, slowly, very slowly, grew on me. I still think she over enunciates everything. Annoying as hell.

Oh, I forgot to mention, she also met Dr. Stan, he was there as well. My mom said that television does not do Rhonda justice, that she is even more beautiful in person. Did you know that Starting Over recently won a Daytime Emmy? That really excited me! The producers were so overwhelmed by its win that they feel very confident about Season 3, and believe this win will get them even more viewers. I think its a very amazing show, but I really wish they would let males go to the house to achieve their goals. I know I would go. I dropped out of High School, and I have no direction in my life right now. Starting Over is exactly what I need.

Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:21 am
Profile YIM WWW

Oh, I forgot to mention, she also met Dr. Stan, he was there as well. My mom said that television does not do Rhonda justice, that she is even more beautiful in person. Did you know that Starting Over recently won a Daytime Emmy? That really excited me! The producers were so overwhelmed by its win that they feel very confident about Season 3, and believe this win will get them even more viewers. I think its a very amazing show, but I really wish they would let males go to the house to achieve their goals. I know I would go. I dropped out of High School, and I have no direction in my life right now. Starting Over is exactly what I need.

If you visit the startingovertv forums, there's info there about couples and men being worked into the Starting Over formula.

Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:33 am
La Bella Vito

Vincent wrote:

If you visit the startingovertv forums, there's info there about couples and men being worked into the Starting Over formula.

That's really awesome! I would love to be a cast member.

Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:35 am
Profile YIM WWW
La Bella Vito

Solid episode. I really liked it. It's about time someone slap Claire because she can seriously be very rude sometimes. It looks like next week is going to be very interesting. I love the fact that David and Keith are going to start a family, and adopt a child. I think that is amazing, and groundbreaking. But I think asking his sister for her egg was very weird, and surreal, but hopefully it won't be as weird when I view the episode. Anyway, the show is off to a promising start. And the conversation between Brenda and the dead Lisa was very haunting, and ingenious. I absolutely loved it!

Episode Rating: 9 out of 10

Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:01 am
Profile YIM WWW
Good, not great episode. I'm happy they're pushing David and Keith's storyline instead of Brenda and Nate's. Just in terms of drama, Brenda and Nate aren't as exciting.

Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:35 pm
Forum General

Just made it through disc one of season one. :smile:

Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:11 am
Profile WWW
La Bella Vito

What did you think of it?

Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:14 am
Profile YIM WWW
Forum General

Dkmuto wrote:

What did you think of it?

I'm liking it. It's a lot more comedic than I thought it would be.

Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:15 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 150 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next