Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 'The Apprentice 3' Thread 
Post 'The Apprentice 3' Thread
Danny joins the ranks of Sam and Raj as my favorite Apprentice contestants.

Good job dodging that bullet Danny. Now rock on.

Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:11 pm
rustiphica

Good episode. I sat there (just got home from work and still in my burger king uniform) and was dumbfounded to see burger king and all them doing stuff the stuff that I know how to do.

Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:39 pm
Good episode. I sat there (just got home from work and still in my burger king uniform) and was dumbfounded to see burger king and all them doing stuff the stuff that I know how to do.

Rusty, have it your way.

You would have killed on the show tonight. POS, fuck you Trump. Marketing, I'm the fucking Burger King. Bow down bitches and suck my nuts.

Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:42 pm
rustiphica

rusty wrote:

Rusty, have it your way.

You would have killed on the show tonight. POS, fuck you Trump. Marketing, I'm the fucking Burger King. Bow down bitches and suck my nuts.

Na. More like, I got you by the balls Trump. I'm willing to squeeze.

Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:47 pm
Some days I'm a super bitch

I can't stand Danny! I mean, how pathetic was his 'marketing' idea?! Especially from a guy who runs a marketing firm! Anyway, I think the women are actually more likeable then the men this year (unlike last season), whom a few are actually quite obnoxious. And is it me, or does Carolyn look hotter then ever? Ladies and gentlemen, the women of The Apprentice are back!

Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:23 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

I also can't stand Danny (and Bren too) but I also can't stand the constant reiteration of the overall theme of book smarts vs. street smarts. I mean it's all well and good for the first segment of the show when they are split into two teams, but when it comes down to the final 4, then the final 2 I can't imagine Trump keeping a street smart person over a book smart person. He hasn't done it before when given the opportunity. He booted Troy F5 in Season 1 because of his lack of education and booted Sandy in F4 of Season 2 based on large part due to her lack of education in comparison to Jennifer. I still say a member from the really moronically named Magna (We're number 2!) corporation takes it, unless Trump has had a change of heart in the brief time between Season 2 and 3. Not that a street smart person wouldn't deserve the win (often times they have) it's just that Trump wont choose them.

This show had such great promise coming off a terrific first season but a string of irrational firings, the Mean Girl tactics of Apex and the joke of a finale really took the shine off the show for me. Now I can barely muster enough desire to continue watching through to this versions completion.

The right person got fired, but Danny is not long for this game.

Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:46 am
Profile WWW

You've made an excellent point refering to Troy and Sandy's ousters, but keep in mind, this is still just a reality show. Don't think that Bill and Kelly are holding the fate of Trump coroporation in their pencil-throwing hands. I think Trump will go with an audience fave this year.

Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:01 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Cool episode, Danny is kinof annoying, not sure why.

Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:04 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

I think Trump will go with an audience fave this year.

Does this mean I can look forward to another round of Apprentice Idol at the finale? Because that was SO fun to watch last year :roll:

I had hoped they were going to show some Extended Board Room footage on Saturday, like they did last season - because that was infintely more interesting than any of the tasks they did, but sadly I'm not seeing listed.

Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:12 am
Profile WWW
Why do I seem to love the contestants most people hate.

Do you guys agree on the clothing issue as well? =;

Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:31 am

Cotton wrote:
I think Trump will go with an audience fave this year.

Does this mean I can look forward to another round of Apprentice Idol at the finale? Because that was SO fun to watch last year :roll:

I had hoped they were going to show some Extended Board Room footage on Saturday, like they did last season - because that was infintely more interesting than any of the tasks they did, but sadly I'm not seeing listed.

I'm just saying that the winner will probably be well-liked. I mean, if you want people to watch a show, they have to like the people who are on it. Just wasn't the case last season I guess :roll:

Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:51 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

I agree. A lot of the people on the show should be likeable people, as that would certainly help to keep people watching it. The problem with that is (in terms of a winner), is Trump won't really know who is truly well liked by the public while filming the series. He could very well choose the final 2 and the public will hate them both. That was definitely not the case the first season, but it was in season 2 to some extent. I don't know many people who were actively rooting for one candidate or the other.

I don't have any problem with Trump choosing the winner based on likeability, because this show lost a lot of credibility with me last season. What I do have a problem with is Trump being so blatant about that being a criteria. Especially since the public perception of a candidate is forged by the editors. Trump should know who he is choosing, regardless of who 6 people in the audience say.

Sorry if I came off as rude, I truly didn't mean to, but I just had a large problem with a once great reality show becoming such a sham. Kelly deserved to win on merit, he didn't need the audience to select him and I thought the Apprentice Idol cheapened, however slightly, his victory.

Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:45 am
Profile WWW

I was a big fan od season one, and I watched season 2 save for the last three episodes. It was just so boring, it was easy to see who Trump would fire in season 2, in fact htere were so many eipsodes when he should have said "you five, just go the fuck home." The first season was more interesting in so many wyas, I just cannot be bothered to even watch this season.

Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:35 pm

Anyone watching tonight? I hope Danny gets canned [-o<

Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:19 pm
Profile WWW

Wow, what a great episode :razz: Great cast, full of loud mouth bitches and arrogant guys. Well, they're all not that bad, but I love watching these "go-getters" go after each other's throats.

Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:44 pm
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

Things were definitely spirited this episode, especially on Net Worth. I'm so glad he's gone, everyone was right he was very abbrasive and wouldn't be very conducive to a positive work environment.

Verna shouldn't even bother continuing on. She's gone, it may not be the next time Magna goes into the board room but eventually her walking away from her team is gonna come back and get her canned. Carolyn shouldn't have even bothered trying to get her back, and even when she was trying she was getting the silent treatment from Verna - that wasn't cool.

The Boardroom was interesting, Chris was starting to scare me with his 'spirited' defense of himself. Dude, calm down. Carolyn was right though, it was a waste of time. Unless someone asked Trump is that is his real hair there was no way Brian wasn't going to be fired.

Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:56 pm
Profile WWW

What is going on this season? =D>

Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:58 pm
College Boy Z

I just started watching this show. I have a class in school called Exploring Business, and we watch this show in there every Friday because my teacher is obsessed. It's actually pretty damn good. I watched my first episode last Friday. Danny should have been eliminated. Oh my god, the things I thought in my head when he wasn't eliminated. That guy is a loser. ](*,)

Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:38 pm
I just started watching this show. I have a class in school called Exploring Business, and we watch this show in there every Friday because my teacher is obsessed. It's actually pretty damn good. I watched my first episode last Friday. Danny should have been eliminated. Oh my god, the things I thought in my head when he wasn't eliminated. That guy is a loser. ](*,)

Do you think he's goofy or what exactly do you dislike about his managing style?

Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:42 pm
College Boy Z

Zingaling wrote:

Do you think he's goofy or what exactly do you dislike about his managing style?

I hope I'm not confusing people here. This is the guy that did the advertising right? (the stupid baseball thing outside BK)

Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:37 pm
loyalfromlondon wrote:
Zingaling wrote:

I hope I'm not confusing people here. This is the guy that did the advertising right? (the stupid baseball thing outside BK)

Yeah, that's Danny. A hippie sort of.

Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:52 pm
College Boy Z

Zingaling wrote:
loyalfromlondon wrote:
Zingaling wrote:

Okay, good. Anyways, I think that he was terrible, and if I had to blame their loss on anyone, it would be him. His Baseball idea was, by far, the stupidest marketing tactic I've ever seen. The way he was dressed wasn't going to help bring in customers, so if he had a solid idea, they might have won. "Throw ball into hole, go inside and eat food". Great work, Danny boy.

Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:33 pm
loyalfromlondon wrote:
Zingaling wrote:
loyalfromlondon wrote:
Zingaling wrote:

Okay, good. Anyways, I think that he was terrible, and if I had to blame their loss on anyone, it would be him. His Baseball idea was, by far, the stupidest marketing tactic I've ever seen. The way he was dressed wasn't going to help bring in customers, so if he had a solid idea, they might have won. "Throw ball into hole, go inside and eat food". Great work, Danny boy.

He did drop the ball, especially coming from a marketing background. The only problem was that he should have been checked in on. Also, the POS was short staffed, so no matter how much biz Danny drove in, they would have just turned back around and left.

Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:37 pm
College Boy Z

Well, that other guy who was voted for was in charge of the POS obviously didn't do a good job. The team leader has an obligation to check on everyone, yes. He wasn't the best leader, but he shouldn't have been eliminated.

Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:34 am
Well, that other guy who was voted for was in charge of the POS obviously didn't do a good job. The team leader has an obligation to check on everyone, yes. He wasn't the best leader, but he shouldn't have been eliminated.

We only found out in the boardroom about the other guy being in charge of POS. So either he's insane or they cut that BK footage out.

Even George and Carolyn agreed that no matter what, the team leader had to go. He had no plan and dropped the POS ball. Heck, we wasnt even trained on the register.

Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 143 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next