Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2603 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105  Next
 The 'Lost' Thread (Season 2) 
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

I finally caught the season finale... I definitely enjoyed the last handful of episodes, it made up for the very slow beginning to this season. I liked how they finally wrapped up some questions before they brought about some new ones. That was my one complaint this year... that they kept introducing new plot points without wrapping a few up.

All in all, I'm glad I stuck with the show.

Mon May 29, 2006 7:46 pm
You must have big rats

I just read something interesting at the German Wikipedia...

It says that the four people captured by the Others (Hurley, Jack, Sawyer and Kate) are the "Men of Science" while Desmond, Locke, Eko and Charlie are the four "Men of Faith" struggling at the hatch.

Supposed to be an allusion to the first episode of the 2nd season.

Just thought it'd be an interesting tidbit.

Mon May 29, 2006 8:41 pm
Profile WWW
loyalfromlondon

It says that the four people captured by the Others (Hurley, Jack, Sawyer and Kate) are the "Men of Science" while Desmond, Locke, Eko and Charlie are the four "Men of Faith" struggling at the hatch.

That's interesting...

Wonder what it could mean, though.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Tue May 30, 2006 1:08 am
New Server, Same X

I always knew Kate was a little manly.

Oh JJ Abrams. You've done it again!

Tue May 30, 2006 1:40 pm
Angels & Demons

Hurley's a man of faith. He believes in the numbers' jinx.

Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:02 am
Profile WWW
invading your spaces

Yeah, I'm also not sure Kate and Sawyer have really weighed in on the science vs. faith argument.

Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:44 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Everything Happens for a Reason was the tagline for the season, so.... I don't know what else, if anything, that tells us about the cliffhanger or finale.

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:22 pm
In show, was there any other mention of Widmore but on baby test?

I was a bit surprised by reaction of others when Desmond turned the key. No mention of it at all.

Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:50 pm
Cream of the Crop

There was a widmore building during Charlie's flashback, as well as a widmore logo on Henry Gale's balloon.

"How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice litte story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for 3 years? Got a, got a compelling protaganist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Working on, working on that for quite some time?"

Battle of the 2005 movies - Vote Now!

Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:58 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Desmond said something to Sayid when Sayid asked to borrow his boat to go to the other side of the island. He said something like, "want to see the hostiles, eh?"

What was that about?

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:30 pm
Story from his hatchmate. Also mentioned hostiles.

Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:34 pm
Extraordinary

Andrews just joined the cast of The Brave One, with Jodie Foster, and Terrence Howard. He will be playing Foster's fiance! That is some cast right there!

Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:36 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

So I FINALLY watched episodes 2.22 and 2.23(the finale)

Episode 2.22... Not a terrible episode, some of the Michael stuff was decent, but at points they were telling us stuff we already knew, seemingly because they had nothing else to fill the episode with. Like, what was the point of playing full scenes that we already saw? And anyways, Jack was an idiot. Quick question: Why isn't Sayid the leader of the camp? I mean, he's the smartest, most physically fit, most level-headed, he's a war vet so he can do all the navigation and tracking, he is efficient at everything, the guy fricken owns. And yet, the leader is... Jack! Gah. Really, if this wasn't a tv show where the pretty white boy has to be the lead, if it was real life, Sayid would be in charge. Anyways, the less said about 2.22 the better.

Episode 2.23... Best Lost episode ever. Probably the best episode I have ever seen of a tv show, bar none. Yes, there was a lot of cliffhangers that were left unanswered. But that's why I loved it so much. No other episode of a tv show, ever, has gotten me that intensely involved and on the edge of my seat, no other has had so riveted, making thinking about it so hard, making my brain tingle. Everything that happened in the episode was just brilliant, from Desmond and his flashback, to the four toes, to Henry's reveal, to the hatch, to the looks at the end, to all the questions, I even loved the Penny storyline and that ending. The questions, the cliffhangers, if you ask me, that's what made the episode so damn great. If all the loose ends were tied up, if all the storylines were closed up nice and neatly, it would be a bore. There'd be nothing to question, nothing to sit in awe about and wonder what will happen next. This is much much better. I think this 2 hour episode is as good as anything the movie business has put out in the last couple years, my thoughts remain that it was an amazing amazing piece of work.

Things about the episode itself:
Four toes... wow. Creepy, and Sayid's comment about it made it even better.

Does anyone else think Charlie's return at the end was just, like, the strangest thing? I mean, he just saw the hatch blow up or whatever, and he didn't care at all. He was... happy. He barely even knew what was going on, he didn't care about the gravity of the situation at all. It was like the explosion screwed with his mind or something, turned him into something else. I thought that aspect was one of the most strangely intriguing clues of the episode.

Desmond, what a character. One of the best of the bunch, easily. The actor who plays him is great too.

Gale and the Jack crew on the dock, "We're the good guys" I thought was a pretty big clue as well. Nobody here seemed to notice it. Does that mean there's good others and bad others, or does Gale consider the Lostaways bad, or are they up to some master plan that is above everybody? And by the way, I'd like to congratulate myself on calling quite a while ago that he would pull a Kaysar Sose turn in the finale as the leader, yes siree.

How did Eko survive the explosion? I mean, he basically got engulfed fully in flame, Charlie managed to just get scratched by being on the ladder. But Eko was basically indestructable. By the way, this episode made me appreciate him a lot more, the scene with him and Locke staring each other down at the end was fantastic.

Hurely is a useless character. He's just a blumbering fat guy, he weeps all the time, he gets angry and does nothing, his two flashbacks have added nothing to the show. He's no more useful than the 40 other nobody castaways. Now, if he kicked the crap out of Michael after the Libby reveal, or if he was chosen as one of the "needed" Lostaways, maybe he could've been interesting. But nah.

Anyways, this episode has restored my faith in the show completley. This was the best thing Lost has ever done, and this episode alone was enough to keep my fanship alive for it. It doesn't quite redeem all of Season 2, but it certainly helps the wound.

Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:37 am
Forum General

It seriously was amazing. :smile:

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:29 pm
Romosexual!

:blink: Didn't notice that when i saw the episode.

Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:46 pm
Forum General

Dude!! [/hurley]

That was like last season's finale ;)

If you pay attention EVERYTHING in that Hurley sequence had to do with the numbers... even the numbers on the gas or whatever -meter when his car broke down or something like that.

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:03 am
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Just got the last 2 episode's down on torrent and watched them. Once again I shall damn the writer's prick teasing way's as more questions then answers crop up.
Still i have to give a thumb's up to the overall quality of the finale but with all the various plot strands building up they are in a very dangerous position of painting themselves into a corner if they try to clean things up.
I hope Locke and Eko survived whatever the hell happened at the end, the lack of "flaming" debris suggesting there wasn't an explosion in the conventional sense so there's hope. The Desmond arc was completed beautifully i thought.
I agree with Shack that Hurley's character is very redundent to the story and the sooner he's gotten rid of the better.

Looking forward with interest to season 3

Last edited by Gulli on Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:21 pm
Lord of filth

I don't think it was really an explosion... I think it was more like a reverse polarity switch... the door went flying away from the site like when you take a magnet to another then flip them over.

Theoretically, like an EMP weapon, anything flesh should be fine.

Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:09 pm
Profile WWW
scifi guru

lol! wow.

this is why i love this show!- so much stuff you don't notice first, second or even third time round!!

"It's as if you're playing left-handed. Or like everyone else is playing with a tennis racket and you have a salmon. I moan about it a lot."

-Hugh Laurie about acting with an american accent.

Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:38 am
Profile WWW
Draughty

Elizabeth Mitchell has been announced to join the Lost cast this fall. I've never heard of her.

A talk-back poster at the link below claims that the other of the two new Lost actresses is Natasha Henstridge (Species). But you know how that site goes, I have no idea whether to believe the guy or not.

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=24009

Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:07 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Here is some news on Season 3 from the producers according to Entertainment Weekly.....

There will be three new characters. One of them will be a love interest for Jack.
Henry Gale and Desmond will be reguar characters next season.
There will not be so much emphasis on mythology but moreso on romance and action.

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:43 pm
Sbil

The three new castaway roles next season have gone to Rodrigo Santoro (dubbed the "Brazilian Tom Cruise", played Laura Linney's crush in Love Actually), Elizabeth Mitchell (character actress, has appeared in movies such as Frequency) and Kiele Sanchez (of the recently axed WB show Related).

Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:20 pm
Devil's Advocate

revolutions wrote:

Dude!! [/hurley]

That was like last season's finale ;)

If you pay attention EVERYTHING in that Hurley sequence had to do with the numbers... even the numbers on the gas or whatever -meter when his car broke down or something like that.

Yeah, I actually did notice the jersey numbers the first time I saw it. :smile:

Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:21 pm
Draughty

TV Guide: Did you have a favorite Twilight Zone episode?
Abrams: The pilot, "Where Is Everybody?" starring Earl Holliman. He was alone in the town, and it turned out he was being used as a guinea pig in an Air Force experiment.

TV Guide: Which sci-fi shows do you consider influences on your own work?
Abrams: I loved The Prisoner, which was a very odd sort of hybrid of sci-fi, mystery and character, and certainly there are elements of The Prisoner in both Alias and Lost. The prisoner was a guy constantly wondering where the hell he was. And there was some kind of agency that seemed to be in control of his destiny, and that was clearly a theme in Alias. And if there's any constant motion on Lost, it's the nod that we're giving to Rod Serling and The Twilight Zone.

Bold is mine, seemed interesting. And later....

TV Guide: Do you consider Lost a sci-fi show?
Abrams: It was sort of Damon's and my secret that it was a sci-fi show. We certainly never presented it that way.

More here:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Insider/?cmsGuid={546512C4-8221-4210-9966-02B605FA8663}

Cut and paste the url, I'm not sure why it's wonky like that. If it still doesn't work go to comingsoon.net and follow their url to it.

Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:05 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Post Re: The 'Lost' Thread (Season 2)
I just started watching Lost about a couple weeks ago after having season 1/2 Unopened in my possession for quite some time. I've always wanted to start watching but never got to doing so and had only seen maybe a half hour from the first episode and a couple episodes from season 3, so I think it was perfect time to start watching since I knew extremely little about what happens.

Anyway, I'm on disc 5 of season 2 as I write this. I wanted to post in the Lost thread season one but the "search" feature is extremely ridiculous. I've been able to find the thread before but it takes multiple times just to find it and this time I was unsuccessful so I'm just gonna post in the Season 2 thread. Also, it was pretty cool reading through the Lost thread s.1 after I had watched all the episodes. Pretty interesting stuff.

Season 1 / 2

I thought most of the episodes were extremely engaging and interesting. I like most of the characters so far. My favorites are Sayid, Locke and Sawyer. I like Jack some but not always. I was interested in the Boone and Shannon story and was sorry to see his character get killed. Oh, the Koreans are also extremely good too. I like their back story.

I did like the backstory of Hurley and the numbers but delving into season 2 I'm growing more and more tired of his character. I mean, he's been on the island two months and is fat as ever and the episode where he trashed all the food was crazy. If you don't want the food then give it the Fuck away you Fat Fuck. Just my opinion.

I liked Charlie somewhat in the beginning but now kind of wish they had just killed him off because he's so annoying now and untrustworthy and I'm tired of his storyline too.

Claire and the baby are okay but she's getting on my nerves too. She's always freaking out and screaming about the baby.

Ana Lucia is awesome and it was cool learning about the other people from the plane. I really like her character and can't wait to see what she does next. Even though she's made some dumb mistakes she's still probably one of the more intelligent survivors.

I know I've skipped a bunch of stuff but I really like the series and have enjoyed most of the episodes. I didn't like how season 2 began with that Desmond character. Who else thought that was ridiculous? Not everything has to be connected especially such a random meeting like that one that Jack had with him. Right now I'm in the meat of the Henry Gale guy and as I mentioned I caught 1-2 eps of s.3 so I know he's a badass liar, so it will be interesting to know what happens to this a-hole.

I guess that's it and I'm dying for season 3 on dvd.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2603 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105  Next