Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Here Is Some CGI FX Footage From "MEG" or JAWS 5.. 
On autopilot for the summer

I think BKB we can safely say that the film will be better than a DTV or TV movie. I think it definately looks like it could be better than Lake Placid or Deep Blue Sea.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:21 pm
Commander and Chef

vs

Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:21 pm
Profile WWW
htm

I think BKB we can safely say that the film will be better than a DTV or TV movie. I think it definately looks like it could be better than Lake Placid or Deep Blue Sea.

I liked Deep Blue Sea, too.

Wow. :lol:

Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:23 pm
On autopilot for the summer

Thegun wrote:

I liked Deep Blue Sea, too.

Wow. :lol:

Deep Blue Sea, They ate me! A F**king Shark Ate Me! (Samuel Jackson)

It wasn't bad, I mean any film with Thomas Jane, Michael Rapaport, and Jackson can't be all bad. But there were a lot of people saying it was the next Jaws, and it definately fell short in that category, but as far as fun goes, it had some good moments and the most Out There Death Scene ever.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:36 pm

But MEG is a different machine entirely.

Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:38 pm
Extraordinary

Just like deep blue sea i expect some idiotic critics saying:
Bigger,Badder and Better than jaws!

Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:44 pm
Profile WWW
Christian's #1 Fan

Loyal, what was the new creature they introduced in the second book? Its been a while since I read it.

As far as the books go, the first was definately better but both were fairly good entertainment (except for the ending to "Meg").

This is a film I'm definately looking forward to though.

Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:51 pm
Mod Team Leader

I just ordered teh first two books off Amazon. I'm excited to read about a shark eating a Trex!!

Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:10 pm
Profile WWW
Horror Hound

iMDB is predicting a $75,000,000 budget.

It has the release date down as 4th July 2006....?

Anyway, this film looks and sounds fantastic...i can't wait for more information.

Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:13 pm
Loyal, what was the new creature they introduced in the second book? Its been a while since I read it.

As far as the books go, the first was definately better but both were fairly good entertainment (except for the ending to "Meg").

Kronosaurs (Pliosaurs/Plesiosaurs family)

I would recommend Primal Waters over Trench. It's so damn fun.

Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:07 pm
Cream of the Crop

Nick Nunziata said the Rex scene wasn't going to be in the film..

The cgi looks very nice from the screenshots and even more impressive given its unfinished status..The One cannot

JUDGE

THE MOTION OF THE SHARK BECAUSE THE FOOTAGE REFUSES TO LOAD..

Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:55 pm
Profile WWW

:mad:

Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:57 pm
Cream of the Crop

Ahmed Johnson wrote:

yep he did...dunno if thats still the case ( it was a while ago that CHUD said that)

Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:04 pm
Profile WWW
The Greatest Avenger EVER

ManicForMunich wrote:
I PRAY that they keep the opening scene from the book in the film.

MEG takes out a T-Rex that wanders too close to waters edge.

Is that for real? Because that would get everyone into the theaters right away. Tell me you are not BSing us...and how do i get the book and what is it called?

YES, this is definitely for real.. Your talking about the most ferocious animal or fish in the entire ocean kingdom that could pretty well take out anything it encountered.. The unfinished FX for this look incredible and I can't stop thinking about this.. Go to your local bookstore and purchase the Novel "MEG".. The opening of the Novel takes you back to the Prehistoric Era and described a herd of T-Rexes drinking water by the shoreline and this thing comes up out of nowhere, picks up the T-Rex and crushes it in her Jaws.. This thing could swallow an SUV and if found alive today, there would be a Worldwide panic in Oceangraphic terms..

Last edited by STEVE ROGERS on Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:42 am
Profile WWW

Ahmed Johnson wrote:

I think NEW LINE CINEMA who's distributing this movie probably has this at a certain budget for trial purposes and adding a flashback to the Prehsitoric Era showing a Rex getting crushed might be a little more costly than they want.. IMDB says a budget of 75 Million.. Is that enough $$$ to make this look relatively convincing when you consider how much big budget summer movie's cost to make??? I suppose from these still shots that it already looks infintwly better than those Direct To DVD Video Movie's like SHARK ATTACK 3 or SHARK HUNTER.. I look forward to future pics of this.. And for the record, DEEP BLUE SEA was a piece of shi*.. A shark trying to eat it's way through the oven door to get L.L COOL J??? :hahaha:

Last edited by STEVE ROGERS on Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:50 am
Profile WWW
Artie the One-Man Party

I can't believe anyone knocked this CGI. It's amazing.

Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:54 am

I can't believe anyone knocked this CGI. It's amazing.

It really is.. Not bad for a supposed budget of 75 Million and looks real as hell..

Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:55 am
Profile WWW

http://criptido.iespana.es/galerias2/pa ... lodon1.htm

Here's 5 Photos in a slideshow of Jaws and Teeth reconstructed to give one an actual depiction as to just how large this thing really was when it existed or still does perhaps??

Last edited by STEVE ROGERS on Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:06 am
Profile WWW

http://www.stevealten.com/dl_images/6.jpg

http://www.stevealten.com/dl_images/3.jpg

http://www.stevealten.com/dl_images/5.jpg

http://www.stevealten.com/dl_images/1.jpg

http://www.stevealten.com/dl_images/2.jpg

Here's more pics from the actual "MEG" Steve Alten Homepage..

Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:21 am
Profile WWW
Mod Team Leader

I just ordered the first two books yesterday. They should be here next week. I'll rifle through the first one very quickly.

Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:51 am
Profile WWW
Christian's #1 Fan

Jeff(S). wrote:

Kronosaurs (Pliosaurs/Plesiosaurs family)

I would recommend Primal Waters over Trench. It's so damn fun.

Ok that's right.

You know I've been waiting to read Primal Waters for over a year. I kept checking my local library and never could find it there.

I'll look again in a few weeks though, will probably just end up purchasing it if nothing else.

Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:30 pm
Mod Team Leader

My books arrived today. The cover i have is of meg devouring the T-REX. And I just read the first 6 pages as it kills the TREX in basically one swift gulp. I'm hooked. This book is actually quite inspirational also, reading how he wrote the book from 10pm-3AM. He worked a regular job and then spent as much time during the evening to finish his novel. Good advice. :hahaha:

Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:28 pm
Profile WWW
Steve Alten is a great guy. He's on my AOL buddy list.

He has an adopt-an-author program and is really an inspiration to anyone who wants to write and sale their first novel.

Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:33 pm
Mod Team Leader

He has an adopt-an-author program and is really an inspiration to anyone who wants to write and sale their first novel.

I had never heard of him before but now he has me intrigued. His writing is mellifluous and intriguing. His gets his technical stuff out there without hitting you over the head with it. Can you do me a favour Loyal?

If you are speaking with him sometime, tell him that there is someone you know who is very much inspired by his "author's note" at the beginning. I have been stagnant with my writing in the lastely. But he has inspired me to kick it up. Tell him that.

Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:47 pm
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

ManicForMunich wrote:

I had never heard of him before but now he has me intrigued. His writing is mellifluous and intriguing. His gets his technical stuff out there without hitting you over the head with it. Can you do me a favour Loyal?

If you are speaking with him sometime, tell him that there is someone you know who is very much inspired by his "author's note" at the beginning. I have been stagnant with my writing in the lastely. But he has inspired me to kick it up. Tell him that.

tell him loyal. tell him.

Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:49 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next