Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Jurassic Park 

What grade would you give this film?
A 79%  79%  [ 27 ]
B 15%  15%  [ 5 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
F 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 34

Jurassic Park 
Wall-E

Oh, and RAWSAW, men aren't supposed to cry. What's gotten into you?!?!

If you're talking about this:

Star Wars wrote:

Quote:
Minority Report -- Visually astounding. The plot, acting, effects, production quality was near perfect. Easily one of his best films.

Visually is good. But it's another Spielberg crap-fest. Tom Cruise crying over his dead son? Wtf?! What is up with Spielberg and children in danger? It's like every movie he has made has some child in danger, even if it is pointless. In fact, many people agree the plot was bad. I could go on to explain why but I will just do that in the MINORITY REPORT thread.

------------

That wasnt me. Thats 'Star Wars'. I cant understand how he belittles that scene...

Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:41 pm
Profile WWW
loyalfromlondon

Absolutely thrilling action/adventure. I never grow tired of watching this. Phenomenal special effects and terrific fun. The T-Rex scene is simply amazing.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Last edited by trixster on Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:46 pm
life begins now

What is there to not like about Jursassic Park? Probably will go down as the best action/adventure film of all time.

A

Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:52 pm
Profile YIM
Dont Mess with the Gez

Its been a good decade since i last saw this film and I have to say its still fills me with warm memories of the perfect summer film (I was 15 back then). The first 20 mins was a bit slow but thats about the only bad thing i can say. The FX stand up well today against all the 21st Century CGI and the dinosaurs are significantly better than PJ's dinos in Kong (well atleast the stampede).

Grade: A

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:46 pm
Extraordinary

Post Re: Jurassic Park
All kinds of awesome.
One of the best blockbusters ever made.

Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:12 am
Another You

The greatest adventure ever, it made me crazy about dinosaurs when I was a chiLd. An aLL-time favorite.

A+

Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:23 am
He didn't look busy?!

This is adventure filmmaking at its finest. Sure, Spielberg goes over-the-top with metaphors at some points [some of the characters eat ice cream while the other characters get eaten like ice cream], but holy hell is it one of the most entertaining films I've ever seen. And extra kudos for using the first CGI so successfully.

A

Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:52 pm
Profile WWW
The Lubitsch Touch

It's fine enough, but it's also too long with too much pretentious, on-the-nose dialogue about playing God and such.

I prefer Jurassic Park III.

Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:54 pm
I just lost the game

billybobwashere wrote:
And extra kudos for using the first CGI so successfully.

This movie can stand along the big movies today and not look out of place. Transformers, Pirates, Spider-man, and Jurassic Park. It's gotta be the best VFX of all-time.

Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:08 pm
He didn't look busy?!

insomniacdude wrote:
billybobwashere wrote:

This movie can stand along the big movies today and not look out of place. Transformers, Pirates, Spider-man, and Jurassic Park. It's gotta be the best VFX of all-time.
Well, at this point, it's slightly outdated, but considering some of this year's films [The Mist] used even worse CGI after computers have come this far, it shows how frickin' incredible Jurassic Park was as a technological achievement. On that level, it's pretty much an equal to Star Wars.

Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:14 pm
Profile WWW
Begging Naked

A timeless favorite of mine. And yes, this movie pretty much owns all of today's film in the VFX department.

Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:15 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Magnus wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they actually use some models for the dinosaurs? Like, I thought the sick triceratops was manually made, not computer-generated?

What the film did great was meshing CGI with actual models. It didn't try to make everything CGI. It just used it when it needed to.

Films these days I feel want to use CGI but don't really need to. CGI is best used when its a neccessity.

Indeed

E.T. feels like more of a character, looks more real, and was probably a million times cheaper, than say... the animals in TGC. I mean, it's not even close. Throw the shark in Jaws or the dinosaurs here in there too. And some stuff like Cameron's work in T2, obviously a lot of CGI was used there but unless I'm mistaken, it wasn't ALL CGI, no? Lots of real models used and stuff.

Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:37 pm
I just lost the game

billybobwashere wrote:
insomniacdude wrote:
billybobwashere wrote:

Well, at this point, it's slightly outdated, but considering some of this year's films [The Mist] used even worse CGI after computers have come this far, it shows how frickin' incredible Jurassic Park was as a technological achievement. On that level, it's pretty much an equal to Star Wars.

My statement was a bit of an intentional hyperbole, but the fact stands that if the movie were released today, it could stand to be nominated for some awards for its effects. The models/animatronics were all pretty good (the triceratops was insane), the CGI is truly a beacon of genius, everything blended really well with the story and the actors. I can't think of another movie with VFX released since then that can rival it in terms of innovation and impact. Maybe Lord of the Rings for what it did for digital characters (Gollum). MAYBE Titanic as well. Everything really can't come close

Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:09 am
Cream of the Crop

I just wanted to say that A.I. is my favorite Spielberg. There.

As for Jurassic Park, it's not only one of those marvels that started it all in the technical department, but a cinematic experience by itself. And please, don't talk about the screenplay, 'cause I dare you to find a better one for a giant blockbuster in the past 15 years.

Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:19 am
Profile WWW
I just lost the game

android wrote:
And please, don't talk about the screenplay, 'cause I dare you to find a better one for a giant blockbuster in the past 15 years.

The Matrix? The Lord of the Rings? The Sixth Sense? Titanic? Pirates of the Caribbean?

Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:07 am
Cream of the Crop

Please, don't mention Titanic, eheh. Titanic's screenplay is about even, but even a big fan like me knows that it wasn't exactly its biggest asset just like Jurassic Park.

LOTR... well, not exactly a "loonie" so I won't even go there.

The Matrix? The Sixth Sense? Hmmmm... I love them, but not sure if I'd call them better. I love Shyamalan, I really really do, and I know I'm alone here but for me it's still his least brilliant along with LITW in terms of screenplay (the twist is more contrived than say... The Village, but that's another discussion). Not to mention it borrows a little bit from the superior Jacob's Ladder.

Either way, I won't go there. Too many movies mentioned, too many different opinions about them. It's a waste of posts.

Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:21 pm
Profile WWW
I just lost the game

android wrote:
Please, don't mention Titanic, eheh. Titanic's screenplay is about even, but even a big fan like me knows that it wasn't exactly its biggest asset just like Jurassic Park.

LOTR... well, not exactly a "loonie" so I won't even go there.

The Matrix? The Sixth Sense? Hmmmm... I love them, but not sure if I'd call them better. I love Shyamalan, I really really do, and I know I'm alone here but for me it's still his least brilliant along with LITW in terms of screenplay (the twist is more contrived than say... The Village, but that's another discussion). Not to mention it borrows a little bit from the superior Jacob's Ladder.

Either way, I won't go there. Too many movies mentioned, too many different opinions about them. It's a waste of posts.

the only one of the movies I'd probably agree with would be The Lord of the Rings. I was just posting some movies to try and stir up a healthy debate ;)

Way to ruin it by not wasting posts.

Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:29 pm
llegó a la casa vía marítima

Very very very very fun.

A

Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:42 pm
why so serious?

Amazing effects, a surprisingly strong script, great suspense, and fantastic action. All-in-all, a pretty solid movie. Not quite up to the level of greatness, but it's very entertaining.

Grade: B+

Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:53 pm
He didn't look busy?!

Lord of the Rings was the advanced-computer version of Jurassic Park. Or maybe King Kong was, since it was similar stuff being animated. Either way, since CGI's come around with Jurassic Park, I think WETA's been responsible for its most incredible achievements.

Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:53 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

insomniacdude wrote:
android wrote:
And please, don't talk about the screenplay, 'cause I dare you to find a better one for a giant blockbuster in the past 15 years.

The Matrix? The Lord of the Rings? The Sixth Sense? Titanic? Pirates of the Caribbean?

Agreed with The Matrix, one of the LOTR films and The Sixth Sense.

But Jurassic ark is still a better film : )

Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:50 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Dr. Lecter wrote:

Is that the fabled, but never released Raiders of the Jurassic Ark Spielberg hybrid project we hear so much about? ;)

Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:29 am
Vagina Qwertyuiop

Bradley Witherberry wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:

Is that the fabled, but never released Raiders of the Jurassic Ark Spielberg hybrid project we hear so much about? ;)

It's certainly a better sounding prospect than the oft-mooted Raiders of the Lost Park.

Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:34 am
You must have big rats

Tsk tsk, you both are trying too hard.

Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:08 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Awww, Doc... we was just funnin'...

:oops:

Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next