Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 1463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 59  Next
 "Game of Thrones" Season 8 Discussion 
We had our time together

Post Re: Game of Thrones:Season 3
Well, I wanted to wait till the season is over to watch it as a whole (i did that with the first 2 seasons) but I wasn't able to wait. :( Now I'm waiting in pain for the next episode. Watching it as a whole is so much better.

My favorite part so far are probably the Jaime/Brienne scenes. Those two work really well with eachother. Maisie Williams (?) grew A LOT on me, and someone here said she should get an Emmy nomination. I second that. She's just a joy to watch.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:24 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Riggs wrote:
Jedi Master Carr wrote:
I did think it was funny that Gendry called out Arya for not sending Jaquin of to kill Tywin. It was a huge mistake on her part.

I may be misremembering something but didn't Arya actually said Tywins name in the book?

I don't think so, she might have thought about using him, but never gave his name to Jaquin.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:32 pm
Profile WWW
Superman: The Movie

It took all four episodes, but I'm back into it now. I know I'm not adding anything new, but Three and Four were especially great.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:00 pm
Profile WWW
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

Great scene by Jaime Lannister recounting why he became the kingslayer. Also the show needs more screen time for Dragonstone, we are barely getting any Stannis and Davos on the show.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:15 pm
Extraordinary

It was a great episode, especially between the opening scene, Jamie recounting killing the madking, and the end scene. I really enjoyed it. Of course, Jon got his best scene so far. They have really done nothing with him lately.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:07 am
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

Best episode in a long while. Loved the beric vs hound battle, Arya scenes, Jamie and the final scene with Tywin and his kids.

Anyone one think that they may end this season with
Spoiler: show
Joffreys wedding
?

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:16 am

MadGez wrote:
Best episode in a long while. Loved the beric vs hound battle, Arya scenes, Jamie and the final scene with Tywin and his kids.

Anyone one think that they may end this season with
Joffreys wedding
?

I doubt it considering the timeline will conflict with the introduction of Oberyn Martell. Remember he was one of the guest at the weddings and was pretty much only invited by the Lannisters to try to make amends to the Dornes.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:30 am
Extraordinary

Yeah I don't see that happening. I think the ending will be
the birth of Lady Stoneheart that would be a huge shocker, especially for non-book readers

Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:35 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

Jedi Master Carr wrote:
the birth of Lady Stoneheart that would be a huge shocker, especially for non-book readers

They probably will but I think it's too soon. They should wait until early season 4. A lot happens before that scene in the book and they won't be in until season 4.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:03 pm
Extraordinary

MadGez wrote:
Jedi Master Carr wrote:

They probably will but I think it's too soon. They should wait until early season 4. A lot happens before that scene in the book and they won't be in until season 4.

Well,
she was resurrected two days after her death, and it would fit timewise. I can't see them showing her resurrection in season 4 because realistically her body would be a skeleton after that length of time. I guess they could decide not to show it and they just reveal her a zombie next season, but I think they want to show Beric's death. And so that leaves either showing it at the end of season 3 or flashbacks

Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:11 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

I would wager a ton of money that we're gonna end with

Stoneheart

It's the perfect shock ending, and the timeline fits. Season 4 is going to be a mix of A Storm of Swords, A Feast for Crows, and A Dance with Dragons. It isn't just going to be the last chunk of Book 3.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:26 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

I understand about Season 4 being a mix of the three books which is fine - i didnt realise
Lady Stoneheart is resurrected so soon after she is killed as so much happens between the RW and the end of the book/Stoneheart that I thought more time had elapsed

Its been almost a decade since i read the books so I guess you guys are right.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:44 pm
Extraordinary

Speaking of Jon, it was hilarious when Ygritte's said you know nothing Jon Snow while he was going down on her :p

Last edited by Jedi Master Carr on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:07 pm
Profile WWW

^

And Shireen teaching the Onion Knight how to read. Its probably one of the changes from the book that was done right instead of having Edric Storm teaching Davos. It really was a heart felt moment

Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:08 pm
Extraordinary

El Murato wrote:
^

And Shireen teaching the Onion Knight how to read. Its probably one of the changes from the book that was done right instead of having Edric Storm teaching Davos. It really was a heart felt moment

Yeah that scene was very touching, also liked the added Stannis scenes, as it humanized him. His wife is sure batty.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:09 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

I think we are at a point where the show is getting alot more right than wrong and will eventually surpass the books in terms of quality (atleast within the constraints of TV).

Wed May 01, 2013 12:30 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

Magnus wrote:
MadGez wrote:
I think we are at a point where the show is getting alot more right than wrong and will eventually surpass the books in terms of quality (atleast within the constraints of TV).

yeah no.

Eventually. When they get to the bulk of Feast and Dance - they will hopefully condense some of the lengthy snoopers like Dany in Mereen, Brienne's travels, Tyrion's travels to Mereen etc and provide us what we wanted from Books for and 5. They really don't have to add anything new just cut back on so e of GRRMs over indulgence.

Wed May 01, 2013 5:38 pm
Extraordinary

Yeah I agree, I think Season 5 and 6 (which should be Feast and Dance) should be much better than what ended up in the books.

Wed May 01, 2013 7:04 pm
Profile WWW

I expect a few POV will be cut off like Arianne and Quentin Martell or that Young Griff will be shortened.

Wed May 01, 2013 7:18 pm
Extraordinary

I think they have to at least do something with the Martells and show something of Dorne. I do expect them to play a major role in the series. But I would cut them down heavily.

Wed May 01, 2013 7:23 pm
Profile WWW
Site Owner

Books 4 and 5 will play much better on screen than written word. Book 4 dragged, and Book 5 featured so few characters one could feel isolated from the rest of the world. The TV show will condense the needless prose into the primary events, and will weave it together in a chronological fashion that eliminates many of the books problems.

I'd still take the books any day, but the average fan is going to like the show more at this point. These books really aren't for everyone, despite the amazing high level story and detailed world.

Wed May 01, 2013 10:06 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Yeah that was my biggest problems with those two books was the chronology. I am not sure why he did that.

Wed May 01, 2013 11:17 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

I think it is because it didn't include certain fan favorite characters
(Jon, Daenerys, and Tyrion). Of course a lot of people were disappointed with ADWD because two of those characters were so boring in that book. Only Jon had a really good story in the book.

Thu May 02, 2013 4:29 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

Magnus wrote:
Maybe it's cause I read all the books right after another but I honestly dig book 4. Don't get the hate.

Thats probably why.

For most there was a long 5 year wait for the book (after GRRM had half finished ADWD years earlier and then scrapped it in favour of the book he ended up with which was also only half the characters. When you read them back to back its fine. But when you wait 5 years for half the story and another 6 for the rest - it certainly taints the reading experience.

I didnt wait so long for book 4 but it just couldnt measure up to the first three books - especially the end of book 3. It also was rather uneventful. Where as I enjoyed Dance much more outside of the Tyrion chapters and the fist half of Dany chapters. The last few Mereen chapters were great.

As Eagle said above - the show will greatly improve on books 4 and 5 simply by combining them(and cutting the excess) as they should have been as books.

Thu May 02, 2013 5:36 pm
Extraordinary

Those two books have those problems because he had to rewrite the whole story after deciding what he had wrote didn't work.

Thu May 02, 2013 5:50 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 59  Next