Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 I miss Firefly... 
The Original

Post I miss Firefly...
:cry:
Why did they stop...WHY????

I currently watch the one and only season....Its such a cool setting.......RIP!!!!

:cry:

Tue May 08, 2007 7:54 pm
invading your spaces

Because 9 of the first whatever (13?) episodes weren't really good, and it didn't start GETTING good until the end.

Tue May 08, 2007 9:30 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Tue May 08, 2007 10:15 pm
Gee, how did I know Andaroo was going to chime in when I saw this topic.

Firefly was a critically acclaimed show, Serenity was a critically acclaimed movie, but I guess if this one guy is insistant that is sucked, everyone else must be so, so wrong.

Anyway, the show was very good, not my favorite show ever, but it was solid, entertaining, and had real growth potential. Oh well. Some of the "browncoats" as they call themselves are a little much, but I try not to let some of the absolute insanity affect my love of the show.

Also, it was 15 episodes (14 if you count the 2 hour Pilot as one ep). Though, let's say that it was only getting good at the end, for argument's sake. So what? "The end" would be about half way through a normal, 22 episode season. Plenty of shows take a while to find their footing in S1. This season alone I can think of a couple examples that started out strong, faltered a little, and then regained their momentum towards the tail end of the season. I can also think of some that didn't start out very good at all but grew into solid, worthy shows during their first season.

No matter arguing, really, as if you (as in, "one", not someone specific) hate this show, or don't care for it, or have whatever feelings of dislike then it's that simple. No one's going to convince you that it doesn't suck.

What I don't entirely get, and this is directed at andaroo, is why every time there's any Firelfy/Serenity/Joss Whedon mention of any kind you feel the need to lash out that Firelfy sucks, Serenity sucks, Joss sucks, or whatever. I don't care for a lot of movies or shows, but I don't make a point to post in those threads, as why would I?

Wed May 09, 2007 1:18 pm
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Its a pity it ended so early, I suppose that adds to the enjoyment of the 13 episodes thou.

Wed May 09, 2007 2:21 pm
Commander and Chef

andaroo = poo poo face.

Wed May 09, 2007 3:46 pm
Profile WWW
invading your spaces

Also, it was 15 episodes (14 if you count the 2 hour Pilot as one ep). Though, let's say that it was only getting good at the end, for argument's sake. So what? "The end" would be about half way through a normal, 22 episode season. Plenty of shows take a while to find their footing in S1. This season alone I can think of a couple examples that started out strong, faltered a little, and then regained their momentum towards the tail end of the season. I can also think of some that didn't start out very good at all but grew into solid, worthy shows during their first season.

Firefly is now 14ish episodes. It was when I saw it (in order!) on the DVD and it will always be unless something weird happens. The fact that it "never heated up" is, in my opinion, the entire point of my relativedislike of the series. Shows (especially on Fox apparently) need to have snappy beginnings and draw viewers (who are not all Whedon fanatics) in.

I have posted elsewhere on this site that episodes like Out of Gas and Objects in Space and Heart of Gold showed that the series could eventually rise above Whedon's tendencies of putting sarcasm and "cute characters" ahead of drama and action and real character development.

I'm not going to judge the show on what it "would have been" but what it was. And if I was a board member, and saw episodes like Jaynestown or any episode with Mal's "wife" (I think Trash is one) then I would have cancelled the show for being less like Buffy and more like Andromeda.

Quote:
I don't care for a lot of movies or shows, but I don't make a point to post in those threads, as why would I?

Huh? This is such a lie. You have said in the Lost thread that you have stopped watching the show yet pop in every once in awhile to complain about a Jack episode or what not.

http://www.worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopi ... &start=775

if you want specifics.

Wed May 09, 2007 8:37 pm
Profile WWW
I don't really see how it's comparable that I posted in the Lost thread that I stopped watching the show because I hate Jack which, once again, was me just being bored and posting. I didn't regularly post about how I don't like Lost and have stopped watching but I will continue to tell everyone who still likes it that it sucks. Also, I haven't posted since then, either.

There's a difference between a pretty much one time shot, and how you regularly post in any Firefly/Serenity/Joss thread with how much you don't like them. It's not even an "I don't like this" kind of post, it's pretty much a complete "This is bad, and you are wrong for liking it".

You clear are strongly anti-Joss, and you make a point to post in any topic about him or his shows with something negative. I just don't see why you constantly do it.

Thu May 10, 2007 1:58 pm
Vagina Qwertyuiop

Malcolm wrote:

Firefly is now 14ish episodes. It was when I saw it (in order!) on the DVD and it will always be unless something weird happens. The fact that it "never heated up" is, in my opinion, the entire point of my relativedislike of the series. Shows (especially on Fox apparently) need to have snappy beginnings and draw viewers (who are not all Whedon fanatics) in.

I have posted elsewhere on this site that episodes like Out of Gas and Objects in Space and Heart of Gold showed that the series could eventually rise above Whedon's tendencies of putting sarcasm and "cute characters" ahead of drama and action and real character development.

I'm not going to judge the show on what it "would have been" but what it was. And if I was a board member, and saw episodes like Jaynestown or any episode with Mal's "wife" (I think Trash is one) then I would have cancelled the show for being less like Buffy and more like Andromeda.

Quote:
I don't care for a lot of movies or shows, but I don't make a point to post in those threads, as why would I?

Huh? This is such a lie. You have said in the Lost thread that you have stopped watching the show yet pop in every once in awhile to complain about a Jack episode or what not.

http://www.worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopi ... &start=775

if you want specifics.

I think you're wrong about Firefly. Just like you're wrong not to tell us the secret you promised to tell us!

http://www.worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=899976#899976

Thu May 10, 2007 7:56 pm
invading your spaces

I don't really see how it's comparable that I posted in the Lost thread that I stopped watching the show because I hate Jack which, once again, was me just being bored and posting. I didn't regularly post about how I don't like Lost and have stopped watching but I will continue to tell everyone who still likes it that it sucks. Also, I haven't posted since then, either.

Well we are in disagreement about this. The link is there, people can make up their own minds. I believe you to be a liar. There's really nothing more I can say to that.

Quote:
You clear are strongly anti-Joss, and you make a point to post in any topic about him or his shows with something negative. I just don't see why you constantly do it.

Yet, I brought up examples of episodes I actually liked and what worked, and you refuse to speak to that. Your statements in this topic have been incredibly hyperbolic.

You wonder about my supposed obsession with Joss, I wonder about your apparent obsession with my Whedon related posts, of which there has probably been 5 or 6 if I can remember.

I am allowed not to like Serenity, Firefly or Whedon's writing style. And I am allowed to express it.

Thu May 10, 2007 8:18 pm
Profile WWW
Say what you want about how you don't like Firelfy/Serenity/Joss/etc, as I (and the other fans) will just sit back and enjoy the quality television show and film, but don't call me a liar.

There is a fundamental difference between me posting in the Lost thread ONE TIME after I stopped watching about how I don't like Jack and don't like the show and you regularly voicing your dislike of Joss/Serenity/Firefly/Buffy in various threads about those things. I'm not saying that you hijack the threads and post "I H8 JOSS!!" over and over, you just clarify your dislike. Repeatedly.

My one question was just "why do you regularly post in threads about Joss stuff that you don't like?", but it's fine, I really don't care. You don't like Buffy, I don't like Lost. I just do not want to be called a liar. I'm not lying. I don't consider a single post after I stopped watching the show about how I don't like Jack or the show anymore to be me regularly posting in threads of things I don't like. Fin.

Thu May 10, 2007 11:30 pm
problem?

Firefly was.. alright, I guess. I liked a couple episodes and Nathan Fillion is hot, hot, hot. Heck even Jayne was kinda cute. :sweat: But overall, I just never got into it like some peeps did. But the movie was great. I really liked Serenity.

It does suck that there'll probably not be any more for the Browncoats.

Thu May 10, 2007 11:37 pm
invading your spaces

My one question was just "why do you regularly post in threads about Joss stuff that you don't like?", but it's fine, I really don't care.

Apparently you do and trying to flip the matter around so it looks like "you don't care" is silly. People can make up their own minds, it's all here on the page. I used the terms (above) "not very good" and you launched a rant against me. You are fooling nobody but yourself in this matter. You were the ones with the claws out.

The fact that you attacked me and not jujubee, who posted right after me, is telling.

The fact that I "regularly" post in Whedon threads is laughable, dramatic bullshit.

Thu May 10, 2007 11:43 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]