Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
 The 'Alias' Thread 
Forum General

I loved the first episode she appeared in, especially the ending with Jack.
then they just left her character unanswered from the Season 3 finale. Where is she?

I don't think she should be a regular, but some episodes like Season 3's were good.

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:28 pm
Draughty

Jack is cold, and he rarel lets his emotions ditate his actiosn, that what makes him so itneresting, when his emotions do distate his actiosn it is interesting...we see that he does care about Syd and Irinia.

I have to disagree with that. I find Jack's actions constantly dictated by his emotions to the point where it seems all he does at work is stalk around trying to manipulate things to help his family.

Ripper wrote:
I like Syd with Will, his has been in love with her forever, adn them sleeping together in Season 3 was nice, I'd prefer her with him then Vaughn.

100% agree here. Will is likeable and they are both a more realistic and more fun couple. I don't get what is supposed to be so attractive to Sydney and women audience members about Vaughn. He isn't all that good looking, or intelligent, or nice. I mean he's all those things to a moderate amount but nothing really stands out about him. At least Will has a personality.

Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:04 am
Profile WWW

Ripper wrote:
Jack is cold, and he rarel lets his emotions ditate his actiosn, that what makes him so itneresting, when his emotions do distate his actiosn it is interesting...we see that he does care about Syd and Irinia.

I have to disagree with that. I find Jack's actions constantly dictated by his emotions to the point where it seems all he does at work is stalk around trying to manipulate things to help his family.

If Jack's family is not invovled though, he acts very cold and does what has to be done. In season Syd can nto so much as get a cup of coffee without crying and screaming, "My dad works for the KGB."

That is why when his family is concerned and jack does get emotional it is far more intruiging, like his scenes with Irinia in later scenes. In the first season I don't feel like Jack does nothign but try and help his family, that may be true in later seasons as the show focuses on Sydney and the famiyl secrets and less on random missions.

Archie Gates wrote:
Ripper wrote:
I like Syd with Will, his has been in love with her forever, adn them sleeping together in Season 3 was nice, I'd prefer her with him then Vaughn.

100% agree here. Will is likeable and they are both a more realistic and more fun couple. I don't get what is supposed to be so attractive to Sydney and women audience members about Vaughn. He isn't all that good looking, or intelligent, or nice. I mean he's all those things to a moderate amount but nothing really stands out about him. At least Will has a personality.

[/quote]

Vaughn is hot, and they did give Will an atrocious haircut in season 1, which downplays how much he is cute is that sort of geeky way...but aughn is BLAND, jsut the very definition of bland. Plus his storyline with Lauren, ugh, and when he gave his speech abotu Lauren this season I wanted to throw up, they keep trying to draw comparisons to Jack and Irine...and its so different.

We need a mission were Vaughn and Weiss bite it.

Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:48 am
Draughty

I didn't understand last night's Alias, with the scary man at the podium and his bald henchman trying to take over the world. I kept expecting Sydney to show up and kick his butt but all we got were crowd shots of people clapping? Strange episode. Maybe it will be explained next week.

Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:04 pm
Profile WWW
Extra on the Ordinary

I didn't understand last night's Alias, with the scary man at the podium and his bald henchman trying to take over the world. I kept expecting Sydney to show up and kick his butt but all we got were crowd shots of people clapping? Strange episode. Maybe it will be explained next week.

hehe.

:razz:

I've been rooting for Will over Vaughn since season 1. Glad people are jumping onboard now :)

Best Actress 2008

Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:09 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran

I've yet to watch this weeks showing but I plan on watching it tonight.

Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:25 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Cream of the Crop

Jennifer Garner took home the SAG award for Best Actress in a Television Drama. Good Job.

Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:22 am
Profile WWW
Angels & Demons

Ripper wrote:

Ripper wrote:

I have to agree as well, Vaughn is just boring, I never understood the attraction with them or why they went that way . Heck she had more chemistry with THE SNOWMAN than with Vaughn. As well Vaughn can't seem to defend himself if his life depended on it. He's constantly getting his butt kicked while Sydney dispatches her guy with a few quick punches and kicks. The guy's a WIMP!

And congrats to Jennifer for winning the SAG award! She had some tough competion there. =D>

Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:43 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

I have to agree as well, Vaughn is just boring, I never understood the attraction with them or why they went that way . Heck she had more chemistry with THE SNOWMAN than with Vaughn. As well Vaughn can't seem to defend himself if his life depended on it. He's constantly getting his butt kicked while Sydney dispatches her guy with a few quick punches and kicks. The guy's a WIMP!

And congrats to Jennifer for winning the SAG award! She had some tough competion there. =D>

Exactly, I mean in Season 1 Vaugh had trouble soemtiems with guys he fought, but he dispatched them...now SYd has to save his ass everytime. He's dull and not a good field agent.

So I say, "Shooty, Shooty"

Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:32 pm
Full Fledged Member

At least they didn't turn Sydney into a vampire like the previews made it look. Next weeks preview sucked, all it talked about was sisters! I guess AOL really paid Abrams some money to make people go there to see a real preview :(

Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:49 am
Profile WWW

At least they didn't turn Sydney into a vampire like the previews made it look. Next weeks preview sucked, all it talked about was sisters! I guess AOL really paid Abrams some money to make people go there to see a real preview :(

Sucking up to AOL will make me watch Idol and tell Alias to suck it, that is extremely lame.

Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:57 pm
Cream of the Crop

Prior to Sydney being tied up in the van this episode was pretty boring, when the best part of the episode are the Sydney/Vaughn bits you know it's in trouble. When she beat up her Father and kicked the crap out of Vaughn the episode turned around. Still, I feel like I could have watched The West Wing and still be adequately prepared to watch the next Alias without missing anything, save for the Dixon/Sloane interaction. I hope episodes starting building off one another very shortly.

Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:06 pm
Profile WWW
Arvin Sloane's arc for this season confuses and upsets me.

Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:43 pm
Extra on the Ordinary

Glad to see Alias doing so well up against American Idol (phew).

Who would ahve thought a year ago.

Best Actress 2008

Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:11 pm
Profile WWW
Full Fledged Member

i only got into alias a few months back when i got the first 2 seasons boxset's . anyone know when season 3 is on DVD in the UK ](*,) its on tv but like in the early morning once a week but i keep missing them #-o

Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:02 pm
Profile WWW

Prior to Sydney being tied up in the van this episode was pretty boring, when the best part of the episode are the Sydney/Vaughn bits you know it's in trouble. When she beat up her Father and kicked the crap out of Vaughn the episode turned around. Still, I feel like I could have watched The West Wing and still be adequately prepared to watch the next Alias without missing anything, save for the Dixon/Sloane interaction. I hope episodes starting building off one another very shortly.

Dixon/Slaone was the only reason this episode was worth anything, if the season doesn't pick up I probably won't bother to watch season 5 on tv, I'll just wait for the DVD's.

I am still trucking throw season 1, disliking Syd and wonderin when they decided to make vaughn suck.

Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:06 pm
Forum General

Well, I was listening to KROQ this morning and they had JJ Abrams on askign questions about LOST/ALIAS

For Alias he was asked what the unanimous consensus is right now.... why was there a let-down of complex-Alias classic plot and story arcs. And he answered as he always has, saying it was to reel viewers in and that they can't just start getting all Rambaldi from episode 1.

He did say that they will be returning to some of the previous Alias plotlines and that we will start having some season-1 like cliffhangers... he says since it's weeke to week new episodes this year, we won't have to wait so long for those damn cliffhangers.

He also said that Sark will return soon and also Anna Espenoza will return.
She was that rival chick in Season 1 who always competed with Sydeny in some of the episodes. Was she ever in season 2 or 3??? I don't remember her lately which is weird that they're bringing her back!

I can't wait till it gets better!

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:14 pm
Forum General

Well, I guess nobody's reported yet on this episode!

I thought it was one fo the best, if not the best, episode of the season thus far.
I think the sister-sister mission(s) were amazing. Funny, action-packed, and everything else.

I also loved that feel that everyone was working together on this one case. Syd and Nadia undercover, Weiss and Vaughn back-up and their eyes, jack and sloane their ears.

I think EVERYTHING was almost perfect in this episode. I loved hwo they really dealed with the Syd/Sloane relationship.
The only thing that was over-the-top and really unnecessary was Syd's crusade against Sloane while on the mission and with everyone listening. she already said that to him and it was repetitive and awkward. She should ended it with he was cruel and that he would make whoever betrayed him pay.

Next week looks interesting and I hope it's good. Sloane returns and so does Ana Espinoza just as I mentioned above.

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:14 am
Draughty

Mia Maestro blew Garner off the screen in this episode, she was just really impressive, more charisma, better acting, everything, and a lot prettier doesn't hurt either. If Abrams has any sense he'll spin off a series and give Maestro her own showcase.

Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:55 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

Mia Maestro blew Garner off the screen in this episode, she was just really impressive, more charisma, better acting, everything, and a lot prettier doesn't hurt either.

She was incredibly effective in all her scenes tonight and definitely made the episode more enjoyable. All of that Sydney/Sloane anger was difficult to believe, since they've been working together for what 7 weeks now? This is the first time where I've felt that airing the episodes out of order has hurt them, and the first time where it showed on screen.

Archie Gates wrote:
If Abrams has any sense he'll spin off a series and give Maestro her own showcase.

I'd hope he focus more on making the two shows he currently has on ABC more consistent before asking him to expand. I did like this weeks episode, it was much less boring than the previous one, but still there wasn't anything to it. There's no huge incentive for me to tune in week after week if I didn't have to watch the previous one to understand whats happening or to have a better insight into the overall theme. It's hard to to shift things around to watch Alias when I could be none the worse for not having watched it...although next week, that looks like a great episode. Preview Spoilers (Highlight the white): Anna AND Sark! Wohoo.

Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:09 am
Profile WWW
Draughty

Well yeah, he would have too much on his plate if he did another spinoff. But they need to caplitalize on Maestro more somehow.

Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:41 am
Profile WWW
Extra on the Ordinary

Awesome episode, maybe the best this season, and I do feel Mia is underused. She's awesome!!! (awesome!)

And Anna (YAYYYYYYYYY) and Sark are back next week. yay. can't wait.

Best Actress 2008

Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:10 pm
Profile WWW

Surburbia episode is still by far the best of the season, this one was good. I like the actress playing Nadia, but I don;t really like her charcter that much. Weiss was mildly funny in the scene with him and Vaughn watching Syd and Nadia, but Marshall is so just hysterically funny and provides far better comic relief.

My favorite characters on the show.

1. Jack
2. Marshall
3. Irinia
4. Sloane
5. Will
1000. Vaughn
1001. Weiss

More season 1 comments:
After the two part box episode Sydney has finally become a likeable character, she irked my alot int he box epsiodes but in the two episodes after I am finally waming up to her. Vaughn's nemesis in the CIA is jsut annoying, please tell me he gets hit by a bus soon.

Season 2 is by far my favorite season.

Season 4 feels really boring, espefcially since I am watching season 1 at the same time.

I rank the seasons as follows: 2, 1, 3, and 4.

Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:17 pm
Extra on the Ordinary

About she's a spy quit crying already...

How many spies exactly do you know? :razz:

Do you think doctors ever get used to have patients dying in front of them, just because that's what they do?

And its one thing to think by killing people off and having people killed in front of you if you think by doing that oyu are helping out the country, but it's another thing to realize you are actually helping the enemy. And its one thing to have people die who you've never met in your life, but another thing to have you fiance and best friend killed.

That's what the show WAS about mostly during the first season. How she dealt with the new information. She wasn't gonna be like og my fiance just died, I'm actually helping out the enemy and I've been doing so all this time...let's go see some more people die.

:wink:

Best Actress 2008

Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:31 pm
Profile WWW
Speed Racer

i finished season 2 on DVD today and WOW what a finale.
I will finally be able to fill inmy blanks not that i only have one season left to catch up. I tell you it is a bit confusing watching two different seasons at once. I am sad Francy died:( That fight between the two at the end was oen of the best fight scenes in alias hostory.

Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:36 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next