Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 FOX'S Show "TIL DEATH DO US" Is The Absolute WORST 
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Post FOX'S Show "TIL DEATH DO US" Is The Absolute WORST
This is FOX's newest creation that features Brad Garrett, the guy from EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND who just happened to be funnier than (GULP) RAYMOND was, in a new show called "TIL DEATH DO US" that features him and Jolie Fischer playing Husband and wife and showing the cynical side of marriage while there newlywed neighbors move in and play directly the opposite with the whole squeeky clean love angle side of Marriage.. Problem with this show is that FOX showed too many of the same jokes during promoting this for the last 2 months and when it finally aired, the jokes were stale and not only that, but after 2 weeks, it hasn't gotten any funnier.. It really hasn't and I'll predict right now that this won't be renewed next season for FOX.. Call this the curse of SEINFELD with the Cast of EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND in that no one from that show will have another successful show ever again.. Discuss..

Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:44 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

It's not horrible, but it's certainly not good either. I've watched all three episodes so far, hoping for something better with each passing show, but it's ultimately the same bland jokes told on any other show involving couples. Eddie Kaye Thomas is the worst of the cast, though. He looks the part, but he's not all that funny when he starts talking. I like his wife on the show, though. Brad Garrett and Joely Fisher are good, but they can't do a whole lot with a mediocre script.

I think FOX will move the show to Sundays at 7:30 in midseason, seeing as how it did the same in that timeslot as it's doing on Thursdays with the dead weight of "Happy Hour". Put "King of the Hill" at 7pm Sundays, and you got an all-comedy line-up (although I'd loosely use the term comedy).

Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:24 am
New Server, Same X

And, there is a show in midseason called "Rules of Engagement" that is essentially the EXACT same show with lesser-known actors. It's going to air on CBS. I saw the pilot, and if you think "Til Death" is unfunny, "Rules of Engagement" can probably be called the unfunniest show in the past 10 years. The only notable name is the criminally underrated Patrick Warburton. But, he does choose some awful projects, so it's no wonder he's not a big star.

Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:26 am
Draughty

It's like most new fall shows every year, a mediocrity that isn't going to last long.

Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:46 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

It's like most new fall shows every year, a mediocrity that isn't going to last long.

And for some reason, there's a large abundance of those shows this season.

Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:03 am
Forum General

I like Til Death. I missed the premiere, but have seen the two most recent episodes. I think
it's main problem is lack of depth in the cast. There's only so much you can do with 4 people.
It's A LOT better than Happy Hour though. With the ratings it's getting, it's unlikely to be
renewed, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:49 am
Profile WWW
Orphan

Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]