Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 2603 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 105  Next
 The 'Lost' Thread (Season 2) 
Lord of filth

2.22, Three Minutes is a Michael flashback episode.

Still no word on who owns ?

I wonder if Three Minutes will have a "Maternity Leave"-like flashback structure, where Michael flashs back to his missing time on the island.

Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:56 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

I wonder if Three Minutes will have a "Maternity Leave"-like flashback structure, where Michael flashs back to his missing time on the island.

I thought "?" focused on Eko and Locke? Or is that just the story, not the flashbacks?

Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:12 pm
Lord of filth

I noticed.

It's very, very slight, but it does appear as if Libby looks grossed out when she walks off with Hurley.

When I watched it, I noticed it, but I thought it was her blinking back her insanity like a twitch, not disgust at Hurley.

loyalfromlondon wrote:
Walt may have created a polar bear using his brain, though the glow in the dark hatch drawing made mention of polar bears.

Danielle, Sawyer, Walt, Michael, Boone, Shannon, Charlie, Kate, Sayid, Vincent have all had direct contact with the Polar Bears. Because of the video that they found in Orientation (which has polar bears), I lean against the polar bears were created by Walt. But it's definately possible within the context of the show.

Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:13 pm
Profile WWW
Lord of filth

I thought "?" focused on Eko and Locke? Or is that just the story, not the flashbacks?

So far just the story. Claire is also mentioned, so who knows.

Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:17 pm
Profile WWW
loyalfromlondon

It better be, because if it's a flashback of his pre-island time, it's gonna be hella boring. There's nothing left to tell there. Besides, Spoilerfix says...
[spoil]Michael will be getting a flashback episode on May 17, during which we'll learn what, um, Others stuff he's been up to these last couple of months. Whatever it is he's been doing, I understand we'll meet a very different Michael than the one we left. Walt will also be back, and yes, he'll still be played by Malcolm David Kelley. I'm also hearing that [the] episode contains a great scene between Jack and Sawyer. Even better than the poker stuff. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide[/spoil]
So, it seems likely that the flashback will be of the time he was gone.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:27 pm
Lord of filth

Three Minutes sounds like a kick-ass episode.

Thank you for posting that :)

Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:48 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Don't know if anyone pointed this out before but.. when did the island get hair dye? If I correctly recall (and I could be totally wrong since I haven't been watching the show with as much attention lately since I haven't liked this season much), didn't Kate have brown hair? I'm watching it now and her hair is black.

Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:53 pm
Profile WWW
loyalfromlondon

Don't know if anyone pointed this out before but.. when did the island get hair dye? If I correctly recall (and I could be totally wrong since I haven't been watching the show with as much attention lately since I haven't liked this season much), didn't Kate have brown hair? I'm watching it now and her hair is black.

That's because it's wet, methinks. ;)

The episode was decent: the flashback was revealing but a bit ho-hum, Bernard becomes the latest lostaway to give up on something (Jack's army, anyone?), and the Jack-Kate stuff finally went somewhere, although not far. Michael showing up at the end was a nice twist, though I saw that coming as soon as they heard someone in the bush. As was Locke showing up in Rose's flashback - that's the first screen time those two have shared, I think. Overall, nothing much happened, mostly filler and character development.

Oh, and the return of the cheesy montage. Oh, how we missed you. ;)

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:16 pm
Romosexual!

Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:17 pm
---------

It always looks black when it's wet.

Oh and about the Libby thing, I think it was just her thinking about her flashback. Don't we assume that they're thinking about that specific moment when people are having a flashback?

Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:18 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Very good filler episode, I must say. Lots of great character moments (EVERYONE was in this episode- well, except for Sayid. And Walt, of course. At least they mentioned him for the first time in, like, 7 or 8 episodes). I LOVED that we learned more about the island's healing powers. Locke, Rose, and possibly Sun have all been healed. No wonder the Dharma Initative is so interested in researching the island! And...MICHAEL IS BACK!!!!!!!!!
Next episode looks friggin' intense- battle with The Others, here we come! "We're getting my boy back!" :biggrin:

This episode was the "calm before the storm." Starting in two weeks, the last few episodes are going to be filled with action and revelations-galore, according to the creators. Can't wait. :smile:

Last edited by rolandka19 on Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:39 pm
Indiana Jones IV

greasedlightning wrote:

It always looks black when it's wet.

Oh and about the Libby thing, I think it was just her thinking about her flashback. Don't we assume that they're thinking about that specific moment when people are having a flashback?

I noticed it before it was wet though. Oh well, I suppose it doesn't matter.

Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:39 pm
Profile WWW
Lord of filth

It was very Season 1ish. Said some surprising things, helped fuel the island mystery, good emotional flow, some humor, everybody (except maybe Claire) got a small moment to do something cute. Jack is crawling out of whiney to be bad ass.

Michael looks like he's going bad ass next week too. Michael + Ana Lucia + Jack + Sayid = awesomeness.

Last edited by andaroo1 on Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:22 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Flashbacks were some of the more effective ones I remember seeing this season, especially with the tie-ins to the island.

Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:09 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Episode was pretty good, pure character development is something they haven't done much lately. Jack's rain scream, Michael at the end, the net, and Gale(as always) were all great. Honestly, when they had Michael in every episode, I thought he was a bit uninteresting. But now that it's been a while, I'm definitley glad he's back. He brings a macho characteristic to the show.

The healing thing is also a nice development, though I think she could be still lieing. I wouldn't put it past the dirty crazy Lostaways, even Rose. If that's true, it would lead to a very sad moment later.

Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:11 am
I liked the episode and whatnot, but these 2 things really bothered me...3 things...well, just here it is:

what the hell was the point of the jack/kate gun stuff? Why did they write Kate as so moronic. First she sees the teddy bear and is all "what? a strange object, i shall go touch it" while jack is being hero manly man and screaming "no, Kate. you silly woman who doesnt know better. NOOOO!". and then they have Kate miss the rope (as she is just a silly girl, of course she cant hit the rope) and then jack with his "oh you. here, i am the man and i will take care of it. i am an expert with firearms, as i am a doctor". then they get to the clearing and jack remembers every single detail of the whole incident, while Kate is just standing there being all useless. Why did Kate go at all? She was entirely useless. I am just so annoyed with the way Kate has been written lately, and the way that jack is so perfect and wise in every situation. He can play poker! He has expert marksmanship! He is a master of medicine! He has tatoos! I am just so sick of it all.

Where the hell was Sayid? I am really upset with the underuse of Sayid this whole season. And i thought Sayid and Charlie had a little union thing going, cause lately Charlie and Eko are being all buddy buddy with the church crap. It wasn't exactly surprising that he was building a church, but he's been at this for a while so i would hope that he has something done by now and not just various wood piles. I was completely with Bernard on that one. Eko is wasting his time building a church? Yeah, cause that's exactly what everyone needs, some religious nut pressuring them into attending mass this sunday. i hope that church burns down.

i don't hate Lost. I want that to be clear. I do like the show a lot (with all the things that are annoying me about it, i hesitate to use the word "love"). It's just that there are a number of things tht have not been so great lately (lately as in the whole season). the whole tailies and their wacky misadventures was annoying (thanks to ana and her AMAZING idiocy) and the fact that they have stretched the hatch and the button pushing for the whole season. At least with the hatch, it only lasted from ep 11 to the end of the season, and all we knew in ep 11 was that there was some metal thing there. We gradually found out it was a hatch, whereas the button pushing business was introduced way back in the beginning of the season (ep 3?) and it has been stretched all the way until now (and this season had better not end with them not pushing the button and then reaction shots as the show goes to the LOST. ( i was so annoyed that as soon as the door to the hatch was revealed or whatever in season 1, i knew how the season was going to end. i bet my friend money that the season would end with them finally opening the hatch and then reaction shots from the ones who opened it.

Lost is missing David Fury, and i am looking forward to Drew Goddard's joining next season as he is always reliable.

Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:12 am
Sbil

Tonight's episode was one of the reasons I love this show so much. It has a surprising amount of heart.

The scene between Rose and Bernard at the end was so sweet.

Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:28 am
Sbil

By the way, has anyone noticed the rather rapid degree Kate's IQ seems to have lowered since arriving on the island?

I mean, she's portrayed as this bad girl criminal who managed to be a successful fugitive in the first season. Now she idiotically falls for that doll trap in the jungle and can't even hit a non-difficult target (despite being a supposed "expert marksman). Like, it seems like all they're giving her to do at this point is be a foil for Jack and Sawyer.

Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:35 am
Lord of filth

I thought the doll stuff was really great. The whole thing was SO Return of the Jedi. I do miss Kate a bit. Overall I feel that the other characters have been developed well, but I don't get Kate.

If I had to rank the episodes this season:

2.15: Maternity Leave
2.01: Man of Science, Man of Faith
2.10: The 23rd Psalm
2.14: One of Them
2.19: S.O.S.
2.07: The Other 48 Days
2.08: Collision
2.13: The Long Con
2.17: Lockdown
2.11: The Hunting Party
2.18: Dave
2.12: Fire + Water
2.02: Adrift
2.03: Orientation
2.09: What Kate Did
2.05: …And Found
2.06: Abandoned
2.16: The Whole Truth
2.04: Everybody Hates Hugo

Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:57 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

omg... how could you rank Orientation so low????
Along with Man of Science, it 's probably my favorite Lost episode so far (and not of just the season!)

Anyway... I thought this episode was easily among the best of Season 2 or since the Ana-Lucia episode because it didn't try to be more than it was. It was probably the best filler episode we have had. I did not expect the Rose-Bernard flashback to have such an immensely strong connection to the island. I LOVE LOVE LOVED the scene with Rose and Locke and when she said "we both know it won't be that long." I immediately thought of how she knew Locke before and that he was in a wheelchair (okay that was easily explained but still that scene was great).

I really thought it would be another Sun-Jin type episode but it wasn't and it's actually the biggest piece of the island puzzle we;ve gotten since Maternity Leave I think. The magentic thing has alot to do with this island I guess.

The Kate-Jack stuff was great... it actually was sort of back to Season 1-ish Jack-Kate.

I do strongly agree that Kate has not developed AT ALL this season. Alot of people thought she was overrated last season and I was among the few who thought she had the biggest potential of all the characters but the writers have let me down and made me look like a fool so far. I'm hoping "?" is a Kate episode and it very well should/could be since the other two are Ana-Lucia and Michael. I think the finale will still be 1-2 character-centric rather than a collage of flashbacks like Season 1.

Kinda off note but the airplane flashback scene with Rose/Bernard and Rose/Locke was soooo Season 1-ish which was great.

Agh, I'm such a scatter-brain. I think this was the perfect note to leave off for the 2 week hiatus. Also, doesn't anyone realize how Michael coming out of the bushes to Kate/JAck was almost the exact same thing as Claire coming out of the bushes to Locke and Boone? (I think it was Locke and Boone at least)

Crap, I forgot the other thing I was going to point out. Oh well.

'Night everyone!

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:20 am
New Server, Same X

Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:31 am
Nevermind Rose, but why can't other sheep, I mean lostaways, see some sense in what Bernard is saying? Bet if Locke/Boone 2.0 told them they are building church, most would help.

Atleast we got some confirmation about island healing powers, and Michael's return. Can't wait for his memorable lines.

One of the best episodes of this season. Solid D+ grade.

Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:49 am
Lord of filth

Nevermind Rose, but why can't other sheep, I mean lostaways, see some sense in what Bernard is saying? Bet if Locke/Boone 2.0 told them they are building church, most would help.

Because Bernard's logic is flawed and still he had a bunch of people helping him. His S.O.S. sign can be a sign of desperation, and Rose didn't want to feed into his disappointment. From Rose's perspective, if there are planes flying over the island...

1. Why did they not see the long-running signal fire that was maintained by Sayid?
2. Why do they never hear or see any of the planes?
3. Why did nobody ever pick up on Rosseau's distress call?
4. Why is there a rabid bunch of Others who seem stuck on the island?

Bernard's move is not going to get them off the island, there are people apparently aggressively keeping them on the island and the hatch is not their friend. There is significant evidence to suggest that the Lostaways are being quarrantined, or that the island itself is lost, etc. etc. etc.

Rose believes this, and there are many people (Eko, Charlie, Locke, Walt, Rose, etc.) who might not want to go back any more. This is why Eko builds his church, he's not interested in getting off the island, he's interested in his spiritual rebirth.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad issues like S.O.S. signals are explored in the show, but you are assuming that people are all on the same page and have the same thoughts about leaving the island. Maybe at the beginning of Season 1 but not anymore.

Raffiki wrote:
omg... how could you rank Orientation so low????

Because it was weak :P

Quote:
I think the finale will still be 1-2 character-centric rather than a collage of flashbacks like Season 1.

I think the finale will be the real beginning of the war with The Others. It kind of actually echos the Season 1 finale in a weird way.

Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:28 am
Profile WWW
I find it unlikely that they wouldn't be on same page concerning leaving the island. Save for Rose, Locke likely, and Walt (as for Walt, think it was just childish wish). No reason to think Eko, Charlie or others would want to stay on.

They are on island with monsters, polar bears, others that take almost whoever they like, numerous dangers...common sense would be that they care about leaving.

As for flawed logic (for which there could be explanations, I guess, and Rousseau's call was picked up iirc, but when it was, it was just the numbers, she changed it later), we might know that, but do the others? They nodded their heads agreeing when Bernard was talking about it. Could be just 'lets please old bastard for a while'. They left because of his complaining, wanting to manage. There's a food drop, yet another unusual thing that happened to them, therefore know something drop it, most likely plane...why they didn't see it, heard it, could've happened on night, they could've been asleep. Then Bernard tells them his plan, quite good for their situation, yet most of them are apathetic. And all that did join, left because Bernard is an asshole. Will to be rescued is quite strong with them.

I say fuck them. They deserve all the shit that happened of will happen to them. Can't feel sorry for people who, among other silly things, build food shelves, churches, dining room tables, and yet didn't think it would be a good idea to build some better shelter.

Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:36 pm
Lord of filth

No reason to think Eko, Charlie or others would want to stay on.

Eko, a former warlord, has found spiritual cleansing on the island and has (apparnetly) found peace that he didn't have in Nigeria. Charlie has found a little bit of clarity and a bit of a separation from drugs (even though he has some on stand by) and has found his own faith again (he was going to be a priest before going away to be in the band). He's also found the father figure he seems to require.

Quote:
They are on island with monsters, polar bears, others that take almost whoever they like, numerous dangers...common sense would be that they care about leaving.

Are Charlie and Eko that scared of the monster? It let them live. It let Locke live too.

Quote:
As for flawed logic (for which there could be explanations, I guess, and Rousseau's call was picked up iirc, but when it was, it was just the numbers, she changed it later), we might know that, but do the others?

Does everybody know about the transmission? Yeah they talked openly about it by the end of the season.

Quote:
They nodded their heads agreeing when Bernard was talking about it. Could be just 'lets please old bastard for a while'. They left because of his complaining, wanting to manage.

Or they just realized how futile it is.

Quote:
There's a food drop, yet another unusual thing that happened to them, therefore know something drop it, most likely plane...why they didn't see it, heard it, could've happened on night, they could've been asleep.

On a silent island? In the night? Nobody picks up a plane flying over the island?

Quote:
I say fuck them. They deserve all the shit that happened of will happen to them. Can't feel sorry for people who, among other silly things, build food shelves, churches, dining room tables, and yet didn't think it would be a good idea to build some better shelter.

Isn't building "better shelter" against what you just complained about? Not working to get off the island?

Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:16 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2603 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 105  Next