Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Tuesday (11/30) Ratings 
Sbil

Post Tuesday (11/30) Ratings
1. "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" (NBC) - 11.8/18
2. "NCIS" (CBS) - 10.8/16
3. "Judging Amy" (CBS) - 8.5/13
4. "The Amazing Race 6" (CBS) - 8.2/12
5. "Christmas in Rockefeller Center" (NBC) - 8.0/12
6. "According to Jim" (ABC) - 7.8/11
7. "The Biggest Loser" (NBC) - 7.6/11
8. "NYPD Blue" (ABC) - 7.0/11
9. "My Wife and Kids" (ABC) - 6.5/10
10. "Rodney" (ABC) - 6.5/9
11. "Gilmore Girls" (WB) - 5.6/8
12. "George Lopez" (ABC) - 5.5/8
13. "House" (FOX) - 4.7/7
14. "One Tree Hill" (WB) - 4.0/6
15. "The Rebel Billionaire" (FOX) - 3.0/4
16. "Eve" (UPN) - 2.9/4
17. "All of Us" (UPN) - 2.5/4
18. "Veronica Mars" (UPN) - 2.4/3

Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:51 pm
New Server, Same X

Amazing Race is doing all right, but wasn't Guardian getting the same, if not, better ratings? I'll support Race over Guardian 100%, but I'm just wondering. I hope the Amazing Race gets the much deserved viewership it deserves now.

Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:53 pm
Sbil

Amazing Race is doing all right, but wasn't Guardian getting the same, if not, better ratings? I'll support Race over Guardian 100%, but I'm just wondering. I hope the Amazing Race gets the much deserved viewership it deserves now.

I think CBS was foolish to cancel The Guardian, which always pulled in decent, if not solid, ratings. Considering how quickly dr. vegas expired, they should've just moved it to Friday nights, where it could've been a good fit with JAG.

I'm not sure it really matters if The Amazing Race is getting slightly lower ratings than The Guardian did, for the reason that it's so much cheaper to produce.

Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:03 pm
New Server, Same X

Mr. X wrote:

I think CBS was foolish to cancel The Guardian, which always pulled in decent, if not solid, ratings. Considering how quickly dr. vegas expired, they should've just moved it to Friday nights, where it could've been a good fit with JAG.

I'm not sure it really matters if The Amazing Race is getting slightly lower ratings than The Guardian did, for the reason that it's so much cheaper to produce.

Yes, it probably is cheaper. I thought cancelling The Guardian and putting Yes, Dear on hiatus, proved that CBS was relying far too much on their huge hits, and were getting greedy. Yes, Dear was far from a perfect sitcom, but it pulled in good ratings. The Guardian pulled in great numbers. So, why bench one and cancel the other?

Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:05 pm
Draughty

NCIS is an unusual show...rarely talked about by anyone yet always doing well. And because it's the first show on in the evening, it's not doing well just because of its lead in, its kicking butt on its own.

Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:20 pm
Profile WWW
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

NCIS is an unusual show...rarely talked about by anyone yet always doing well. And because it's the first show on in the evening, it's not doing well just because of its lead in, its kicking butt on its own.

Never underestimate the viewership of these people
MATTTLOCCCCKKKK

Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:12 pm
Draughty

Archie Gates wrote:

Never underestimate the viewership of these people
MATTTLOCCCCKKKK

Heh I guess, I don't recall matlock putting a gun to a guy's forehead and pulling the trigger like the lead on NCIS has done though, as well as other similar things.

Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:32 pm
Profile WWW
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

Heh I guess, I don't recall matlock putting a gun to a guy's forehead and pulling the trigger like the lead on NCIS has done though, as well as other similar things.

Yes but NCIS is a poor man's version of CSI with alot less violence and gore than CSI so it doesnt turn off most viewers like CSI does. Stuff like pulling a trigger on a guys head is tame compared to boiling a mans head just to analyze more of the evidence that originally killed the victim

Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:35 pm
Draughty

Archie Gates wrote:

Yes but NCIS is a poor man's version of CSI with alot less violence and gore than CSI so it doesnt turn off most viewers like CSI does. Stuff like pulling a trigger on a guys head is tame compared to boiling a mans head just to analyze more of the evidence that originally killed the victim

Eh who cares what is done to already dead bodies. That's gorey but not daring or dangerous. :)

NCIS is CSI without all the posing and meaningful staring. :wink:

Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:41 pm
Profile WWW
rustiphica

I also don't remember MacGyver ever having a gun to kill anyone. He used a toothpick and an elastic to do it.

Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:31 pm
New Server, Same X

Archie Gates wrote:

I also don't remember MacGyver ever having a gun to kill anyone. He used a toothpick and an elastic to do it.

And if that didn't work, he used his bare hands. MacGyver is the man.

Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:33 pm
Draughty

rusty wrote:
Archie Gates wrote:

You can still watch McGuyver, uner it's new title Stargate on Sci Fi channel.

Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:38 pm
Profile WWW
rustiphica

Mr. X wrote:
rusty wrote:
Archie Gates wrote:

You can still watch McGuyver, uner it's new title Stargate on Sci Fi channel.

MacGyver rocked so much. I love that show and I watch it like everyday. Best thing I've seen him do was a help sign out of a plastic bag, 4 flags, an old helium machine and a fishing rod.

Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:57 pm
Extra on the Ordinary

That's interesting weird.

I think The Amazing Race has rating about eqaul to what the Guardian got (around 12 million viewers a week if I remember correctly) but about twice as much in the advertiser-friendly 18-49 category (!!). And it's less expensive. So they end up paying less for it, making more money from it. So its understandable (phew).

CBS is now the #1 network among viewers, you know :shock:

Man things are crazy this season.

Best Actress 2008

Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:31 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]