Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:35 pm



Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band [1967] 

What grade would you give this album?
A 100%  100%  [ 4 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4

 The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band [1967] 
Author Message
 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:01 pm
Posts: 6380
Post The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band [1967]
The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band [1967]

Image

Code:
A1         Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1:57)
A2         With A Little Help From My Friends (2:34)
A3         Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds (3:21)
A4         Getting Better (2:42)
A5         Fixing A Hole (2:29)
A6         She's Leaving Home (3:19)
A7         Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite (2:35)
B1         Within You Without You (4:57)
B2         When I'm Sixty-Four (2:34)
B3         Lovely Rita (2:39)
B4         Good Morning Good Morning (2:30)
B5         Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) (1:17)
B6         A Day In The Life (4:55)

_________________
---!!---!!!!!!-11!!---!!---11---11!!!--!!--


Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:08 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Most Embarssing Misspeller
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:20 pm
Posts: 55996
Location: The District
Post Re: The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band [1967]
The most overrated Beatles album IMO. I find Rubber Soul, Revolver, and The White Album to be better. That said, its still a fantastic album.

A+

_________________
MadGez wrote:
Listen to Magnus he knows his shit.
Darth Indiana Bond wrote:
Magnus is right
trixster wrote:
magnus is my hero
Loyal wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Magnus is the fucking voice of reason.
That's scary.
bABA wrote:
fuck Magnus
zwackerm wrote:
You're incredibly overrated and and if they made a Pixar film about you it would gross less than The Good Dinosaur.


Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:31 pm
Profile
The Wall
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:50 am
Posts: 16163
Location: Croatia
Post Re: The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band [1967]
9/10 -> A-

You can actually call a Beatles album overrated? If it's great it's great. Can't over/underrate that. :thumbsup:


Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:24 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Most Embarssing Misspeller
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:20 pm
Posts: 55996
Location: The District
Post Re: The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band [1967]
be.redy wrote:
9/10 -> A-

You can actually call a Beatles album overrated? If it's great it's great. Can't over/underrate that. :thumbsup:


Well, the fact is that this is considered by many to be their best, and I don't even have it in my top 3.

_________________
MadGez wrote:
Listen to Magnus he knows his shit.
Darth Indiana Bond wrote:
Magnus is right
trixster wrote:
magnus is my hero
Loyal wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Magnus is the fucking voice of reason.
That's scary.
bABA wrote:
fuck Magnus
zwackerm wrote:
You're incredibly overrated and and if they made a Pixar film about you it would gross less than The Good Dinosaur.


Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:29 pm
Profile
The Wall
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:50 am
Posts: 16163
Location: Croatia
Post Re: The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band [1967]
Yeah I get it, but overrated is a bit too harsh of a word for what you mean. :sweat:


Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:41 pm
Profile WWW
loyalfromlondon
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:31 pm
Posts: 19700
Location: ville-marie
Post Re: The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band [1967]
Yeah, I find this one rather overrated also, simply because everyone thinks it's OMGZ AMAZING.

_________________
Magic Mike wrote:
zwackerm wrote:
If John Wick 2 even makes 30 million I will eat 1,000 shoes.


Same.


Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)


Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:52 am
Profile
Z
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 2:20 pm
Posts: 7952
Location: Wherever he went, including here, it was against his better judgment.
Post Re: The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band [1967]
I like it for the benefit of Mr. Kite.


Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:41 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:30 pm
Posts: 12048
Location: Stroudsburg, PA
Post Re: The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band [1967]
Rorschach wrote:
The most overrated Beatles album IMO. I find Rubber Soul, Revolver, and The White Album to be better. That said, its still a fantastic album.

A+


I agree.

_________________
Buy my books! http://michaelaventrella.com


Image


Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:18 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:30 pm
Posts: 12048
Location: Stroudsburg, PA
Post Re: The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band [1967]
trixster wrote:
Yeah, I find this one rather overrated also, simply because everyone thinks it's OMGZ AMAZING.


I think that's because at the time it was released, it was so far ahead of anything else anyone else was doing that it was indeed OMGZ AMAZING.

I think the packaging had something to do with it, honestly! I always wonder what would have happened had the Beatles treated Revolver like it was Sgt. Pepper in terms of packaging and promotion.

Then again, when you hear "A Day in the Life" perhaps that overshadows the rest of the album so much that you say "My God, what a masterpiece!"

_________________
Buy my books! http://michaelaventrella.com


Image


Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:19 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.