Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next
 HEATH LEDGER JUST DIED 
Award Winning Bastard

Post Re: HEATH LEDGER JUST DIED
Box wrote:
Em, actually, I don't really care to talk to you, so :sleep:

Then why the hell did you even reply to him in the first place? Quit being a dick, Box.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:13 am
Extraordinary

I'll wait for you to grow up before I will consider talking to you again :sleep:

MadGez wrote:
Briefs. Am used to them and boxers can get me in trouble it seems. Too much room and maybe the silkiness have created more than one awkward situation.

My Box-Office Blog: http://boxofficetracker.blogspot.com/

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:13 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

midnight snack wrote:
Honestly, a lot of what I see in this thread is a bunch of selfishness. Between the worries for the Batman franchise and the constant expressions of how much this is causing some of you to grieve, I see very little in the way of condolences for Ledger, his family and friends.

What's selfish is everyone derailing this thread from expressions of grief, for whatever reason, and however they are expressed, and turning it into a holier than thou postathon.

Edit: Obviously not only directed at you.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:15 am
Extraordinary

jujubee wrote:
What's selfish is everyone derailing this thread from expressions of grief, for whatever reason, and however they are expressed, and turning it into a holier than thou postathon.

Exactly. Gullimont should be ashamed of himself.

MadGez wrote:
Briefs. Am used to them and boxers can get me in trouble it seems. Too much room and maybe the silkiness have created more than one awkward situation.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:16 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Box wrote:
jujubee wrote:

Your posts about how no one is actually sad were expressing your grief? Good to know. :roll:

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:17 am
Extraordinary

Ok, people, fine, I'll STOP.

But you're still jerks :sleep:

MadGez wrote:

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:17 am
Profile WWW
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Box wrote:
jujubee wrote:

I guess Millions of Brazilians should be ashamed as well then?

I'm not posting in this anymore, But you are a rancid little shit of a man and thank fuck for the ignore button forever more.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:19 am
Extraordinary

This will be my last post in this thread I think. The fact of the matter is, THIS is what this thread should really be about:

RIP Heath Ledger

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:20 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Quote:
I guess Millions of Brazilians should be ashamed as well then?

I'm not posting in this anymore, But you are a rancid little shit of a man and thank fuck for the ignore button forever more.

I was not talking about Senna to begin with, and this thread has nothing to do with him at any rate. If this is your way of showing that you are affected, I don't see why I should care to condescend to bother with you.

MadGez wrote:

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:22 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

O wrote:
This will be my last post in this thread I think. The fact of the matter is, THIS is what this thread should really be about:

RIP Heath Ledger

We knew this before. Why are you posting a picture of his former love and his daughter? You're trying to get a reaction out of us artificially. This is FAKE. You're FAKE.

MadGez wrote:

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:23 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

I apologize, THIS will be my last post on the matter. It's one thing to "read" that someone who has passed on has left a two year old. It's another to see a picture, and realize that this two year old will never know who there father was.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:26 am
Profile WWW
life begins now

Aww, she looks exactly like her father.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:27 am
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

I feel sick to my stomach...

That is DISGUSTING.

Profile YIM
I just lost the game

This turned from a pretty gut-wrenching thread to a fucking hilarious thread. Quick! Change the title to "EVERYONE IS FIGHTING!" That may not be the original intent, but that's what the conversation has devolved into.

Form my point of view, Ledger died. He was a solid actor who had a lot in front of him, but I didn't really ever connect with him much. His death is sad, as it is with any death, but I'm not too torn up about it. My prayers are with his family and friends, and I hope the media doesn't warp this for their sake. But I'm not going to get too torn up over it because young fathers die every day. It is a travesty that his young daughter will never know her father, but that happens all around us. I don't mean to be cynical (I do) but I'm not going to act more sympathetic because he was a really really good actor. But I understand many of the perspectives on this board, and I hope you all recover well in the coming days/weeks from your loss.

As for the devolution of the thread, I think a lot of people are making assumptions across the board. If you want to grieve (or not) that's cool, but is there really a need to get so...bitter to other people about it? Nazgul said he thought people were giving into the hype of the media about his death. I'm sure some people are. I doubt anybody here is, because known of us are that shallow, but some people are easily manipulated. I don't think that makes him insensitive for being pragmatic in a time when everyone else is mourning.

And the thoughts and comments about TDK are perfectly natural. I have no qualms talking about them, because I am not seriously mourning. I understand some people don't want to talk about it, but where does one draw the line? When does it become kosher to talk about it? When the general consensus says its ok to talk about it? Do you get the final word? Do I? How about this: I'll talk about what I want, and grieve in my own way (on or offline), and if you don't like the conversation I or anybody else brings to this topic, kindly ignore it and continue mourning in your own way. I won't mind, and I'll understand if you do.

There's just a lot of bullshit going on in this thread for no reason. You guys are better than this.

Site Owner

That's just awful.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:28 am
Profile WWW
I just lost the game

Box wrote:
jujubee wrote:

You know Box, I've always respected you and appreciated your thoughts. You've been a grade-A poster in my books for as long as I can remember.

But I honestly have no idea whether you're being serious or not in this post.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:29 am
Award Winning Bastard

O wrote:

RIP Heath Ledger

Honestly, I feel really bad for the child, but in reality, she's got every chance in the world in life that most kids never will have. She's young enough that she'll deal with the loss without a problem, and she'll only have the best of the best in life. She'll come out of it pretty well.

I don't have any emotional attachment to the man or his life, but it is a shame. That's life, though. I've experienced enough close deaths in my life at young ages. My dad was 46 and my only sibling, who was my best friend, was only 32. It's the years of bonding that really tear a person down, and his daughter (unfortunately and fortunately) didn't have those years.

I'm mostly saddened about a great career that was snuffed out, because that's the only part that effects me, but I understand others feeling hurt and confused and a whole myriad of emotions over this. Death has a strange effect on people, and no two people should have to feel the same way.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:29 am
The Original

thompsoncory wrote:

That is DISGUSTING.

Tell me thats a stupid fake
:|

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:30 am
Extraordinary

I despise PMs, but fine Eagle, I got the message, thanks.

I'm done with this thread.

MadGez wrote:

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:31 am
Profile WWW
Teenage Dream

Eagle wrote:
That's just awful.

And yet entirely predictable.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:31 am
I just lost the game

FILMO wrote:
thompsoncory wrote:

That is DISGUSTING.

I lol'd way too much for that to be fake. Only truly ignorant religious fundies can make me laugh like that.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:32 am
Site Owner

Sadly, it's not fake in the slightest:

http://www.godhatesfags.com/written/fli ... untain.pdf

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:36 am
Profile WWW
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

FILMO wrote:
thompsoncory wrote:

That is DISGUSTING.

Unforunately, no.... they usually stick to picketing/protesting at US service men and women's funerals. I had to deal with them in my area... I spoke with them as they wanted to know all of our local laws so they knew what they could do without getting arrested.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:37 am
Orphan

That's truly disgusting and pathetic in ways one doesn't think possible :disgust: :disgust:

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:40 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

thompsoncory wrote:

That is DISGUSTING.

Really couldn't expect better from people like this though.

Even if what they say ends up to be the truth, I'd feel proud to be hated by God and to end up in hell than to support shit like that.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:49 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next