Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 10:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
 HEATH LEDGER JUST DIED 
Extraordinary

Post Re: HEATH LEDGER JUST DIED
Snrub wrote:
While I'm sad that Ledger's dead, I must admit, this thread gone a little weird.

Rely on Makeshift to turn a tragedy into a comedy :roll:

MadGez wrote:
Briefs. Am used to them and boxers can get me in trouble it seems. Too much room and maybe the silkiness have created more than one awkward situation.

My Box-Office Blog: http://boxofficetracker.blogspot.com/

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:32 am
Profile WWW
Teenage Dream

Box wrote:
Snrub wrote:
While I'm sad that Ledger's dead, I must admit, this thread gone a little weird.

Yes, because I am the only one expressing my sadness here.

Jesus Christ.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:33 am
Extraordinary

makeshift wrote:
Box wrote:
Snrub wrote:

Jesus Christ.

I would like you to tape yourself crying, and post that video here.

You jerk.

MadGez wrote:
Briefs. Am used to them and boxers can get me in trouble it seems. Too much room and maybe the silkiness have created more than one awkward situation.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:36 am
Profile WWW
Artie the One-Man Party

From the same article quoted before...
Quote:
James Dean too. “Dylan was completely inspired by James Dean, and Heath has a little bit of James Dean in him, even physically, a kind of precocious seriousness,”

WHAT.THE.FUCK.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:37 am

Heath Ledger is the new James Dean plain and simple.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:39 am
Award Winning Bastard

Magnus wrote:
This is not a just "another death in the Hollywood community." This is a death that is going to stay with Hollywood the same way River Phoenix and James Dean deaths have. No one will forget.

River Phoenix? Yeah.

James Dean was an icon that was in a whole other league. Not to diminish Ledger or Phoenix, but let's not get carried away.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:41 am
Extraordinary

Jake Gy. said in an interview today that Ledger drifted into a deep depression after his break up with Williams in September, and that he was really worried about him for quite some time. It's obviously none of my business to speculate, but having a depressing situation personally, on top of playing a very demanding role like the joker, is quite a bit to take.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:44 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

Maverikk wrote:
Magnus wrote:
This is not a just "another death in the Hollywood community." This is a death that is going to stay with Hollywood the same way River Phoenix and James Dean deaths have. No one will forget.

River Phoenix? Yeah.

James Dean was an icon that was in a whole other league. Not to diminish Ledger or Phoenix, but let's not get carried away.

I think his role as the Joker will cement him as this generation's James Dean. If Jack Nicholson's Joker is supposedly legendary, then what of Ledger's, which looks to be EVEN BETTER?

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:45 am
Profile WWW
Award Winning Bastard

redfirebird2008 wrote:
I think his role as the Joker will cement him as this generation's James Dean. If Jack Nicholson's Joker is supposedly legendary, then what of Ledger's, which looks to be EVEN BETTER?

James Dean represented FAR MORE than a film role.

And Ledger will never top Nicholson's Joker.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:46 am
Teenage Dream

Box wrote:
makeshift wrote:
Box wrote:
Snrub wrote:

Jesus Christ.

I would like you to tape yourself crying, and post that video here.

You jerk.

I have no idea what your problem is, but congrats on being a bigger ass than I thought possible.

I didn't post in this thread for the majority of the day precisely because of shit like this.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:47 am
Superfreak

Maverikk wrote:
Magnus wrote:

River Phoenix? Yeah.

Yeah Dean was in 3 films, and all 3 were some of the great performances of all time. Not only that, but he represented an entire generation that hadnt really found an icon yet.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:50 am
Cream of the Crop

Maverikk wrote:
redfirebird2008 wrote:

James Dean represented FAR MORE than a film role.

And Ledger will never top Nicholson's Joker.

OK then, I know what I'm dealing with here then: a closed-minded point of view. I'll ignore you from now on then since we should all just worship the almighty Jack Nicholson and his campy, overweight, non-researched version of the Joker.

By the way, asshat, Ledger's role in Brokeback Mountain represented a hell of a lot more than a film role as well.

Last edited by redfirebird2008 on Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile WWW
Extraordinary

I dont think so, James Dean is an icon of his time, he was one of those young celebrities that personofied the 50s rebellion, he and Elvis.
Dean was a cultural icon as well as up and coming great actor, Ledger will be remembered as a great up and coming great actor, like River Phoenix, but not a cultural icon like Dean.

Profile WWW
Award Winning Bastard

redfirebird2008 wrote:
OK then, I know what I'm dealing with here then: a closed-minded point of view. I'll ignore you from now on then since we should all just worship the almighty Jack Nicholson and his campy, overweight, non-researched version of the Joker.

By the way, asshat, Ledger's role in Brokeback Mountain represented a hell of a lot more than a film role as well.

And I'm dealing with a total fucking retard who doesn't have a clue about anything because his head is buried too far up his ass.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:53 am
Extraordinary

makeshift wrote:

I have no idea what your problem is, but congrats on being a bigger ass than I thought possible.

I didn't post in this thread for the majority of the day precisely because of shit like this.

No, you're the ass, and you're my problem. I don't know why you bothered posting here at all, jerkface.

Let's not ever talk again, because I can't stand you anymore :sleep:

MadGez wrote:

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:54 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Ok, this thread is kinda getting uncomfortable now.

I'm going to rank his movies based on what I've seen, so the focus is more on HIM.

A Knight's Tale (2001) .... Sir William Thatcher / Sir Ulrich von Lichtenstein of Gelderland

I watched this a couple of years ago on TV. It was pretty good at giving a fresh type of Medievel film. An interesting role to take.

The Patriot (2000) .... Gabriel Martin

Also a good film. The focus was obviously on Mel, but a good choice for him.

10 Things I Hate About You (1999) .... Patrick Verona

Definitely well remembered. Julia Stiles and him worked very well together on screen, and it was good of him not to do a string of similar movies (cough Freddie Prinze Jr.), and take on challenging roles that don't include CGI dogs (cough, cough).

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:55 am
Profile WWW
Jordan Mugen-Honda

I find the cynical condesending voices in this thread to be odd, sad and and yet predictable.

You see the thing is when a person shows genuine emotion and saddness over a death it doesn't matter if they knew the person well, or if they had a direct connection to them or if its just a person in the public eye because at the end of the day its down to an individual level whether you feel saddened by it or not.

Personally I am amazed I am finding this death affecting, I mean I liked the guy and his films but I never knew it would bother me so much. I guess on a personal level its the fact that this man in his brief life was involved in films or projects that made me smile or laugh or look on the bright side of life, and because of that people should be allowed to feel sad and feel regreat at a young life cut short.

I personally haven't been this bothered by the death of a public figure since Aryton Senna back in 1994. I remember where I was when he was pronounced dead, and I remember going into a corner and crying because even though I never knew the man he brought happiness into my life when he was on the public stage, he in essence was positive influence in my life....and the size big or small doesn't matter.

Why am I sad over this death?

Because a little child will never know there father
Because a man will never fulfull what might have been
Because a life cut short is always a tragic event

I dunno, when I heard of this today I flashed back to that faithful day in Imola in 1994 when a man who was an icon to millions met an unfair and untimely end. Was this man an icon to some, a postive force to some? Yes he was, and so he should be mourned by those that are affacted, and others should never judge.

Last edited by Gulli on Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:02 am
Extraordinary

MikeQ. wrote:
The amount of people putting words into OTHER people's mouths in this thread, including my own, is staggering. Feel the way you want, but don't tell me how I feel or how I should be feeling, or most ludicrous of all, that I am "pretending".

Peace,
Mike

Pretending maybe was the wrong choice of word since you're not really knowingly, well, pretending to feel something you're not, i guess. I searched for a more fitting word in the dictionary but couldn't find it. It's this type of mass "hysteria", collective mourning, whatever to call it, for a celebrity, i just feel sometimes gets a little overboard. Again, no offense.

Last edited by Nazgul9 on Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:02 am
Extraordinary

Gullimont wrote:
I find the cynical condesending voices in this thread to be odd, sad and and yet predictable.

What is YOUR problem? And whom are you addressing?

I said I was sad, as did Nazgul and everyone else. You're condescending to US right now, and I don't appreciate it.

MadGez wrote:

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:04 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

I was shocked to learn that Ledger had died. Also sadden that the world has lost a gifted actor. From what I have read and seen it sounds like it could have been the combination of phenomia and sleeping pills. It also sounds like he was overworked, all three combined can be a lethal combination.

Profile WWW
Extraordinary

I was shocked to learn that Ledger had died. Also sadden that the world has lost a gifted actor. From what I have read and seen it sounds like it could have been the combination of phenomia and sleeping pills. It also sounds like he was overworked, all three combined can be a lethal combination.

Profile WWW
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Box wrote:
Gullimont wrote:

I said I was sad, as did Nazgul and everyone else. You're condescending to US right now, and I don't appreciate it.

I'm not in the mood for nonsense or internet persona's. You wish to discuss this further get Skype and contact me directly.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:07 am
Extraordinary

Honestly, a lot of what I see in this thread is a bunch of selfishness. Between the worries for the Batman franchise and the constant expressions of how much this is causing some of you to grieve, I see very little in the way of condolences for Ledger, his family and friends.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:09 am
Extraordinary

Gullimont wrote:
Box wrote:
Gullimont wrote:

I'm not in the mood for nonsense or internet persona's. You wish to discuss this further get Skype and contact me directly.

Em, actually, I don't really care to talk to you, so :sleep:

MadGez wrote:

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:10 am
Profile WWW
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Box wrote:
Gullimont wrote:
Box wrote:
Gullimont wrote:

Em, actually, I don't really care to talk to you, so :sleep:

Oh grow up you child.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next