Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 DNC 
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post DNC
The first night is over. And I thought the main two speakers, Castro and Mrs. Obama, were FANTASTIC.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:40 am
Sbil

Post Re: DNC
My girl crush on Michelle Obama grows by the day. Best First Lady ever. And what a fabulous speech.

Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:19 am
Wall-E

I'm just checking this.
Did I actually hear the speakers say that the middle class needs to support and sacrifice in order to pay for the education and tuition of the children of others?
As if the current recession and its impact on the middle class never happened.

And does that indicate a tax hike on the middle class in order to do so? I mean, wouldn't the statement otherwise be addressed to the support of education by the 1% and not the middle class?

And how can this be when taxes are paid by percentage?
In theory, the more people, the more tax revenue, so what happened?

Why wouldn't a tax hike instead go to cover the deficit?
Why are the Democrats still trying to plan the future of our society?
Why aren't they trying to do something about our current problems?
Maybe it's just me, but it sounds as if the dems are milking us while supporting new bastards.

Did I hear Castro state the matter of deportation of law-abiding immigrants as an injustice?
Have we ever deported law-abiding people?

Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:45 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

Do you really expect anyone to answer all of those questions?

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:17 am
Powered By Hate

The bit where Michelle was talking about teachers working for free in a bankrupt school district made my skin crawl. I swear Rahm Emanuel pitched a tent in his pants when he heard that. Guy's as anti-union and pro-privatization as any Republican. Why do Democrats now spout rhetoric that would have made a Republican a pariah 20 years ago?

Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:54 pm
Wall-E

On the local news in Los Angeles just prior to the (delayed coverage),
they had reported on the violent upsurge in shootings in the city of San Bernadino.
San Bernadino has declared bankruptcy and they are laying off law enforcement officers as a result
of their financial problems.

How are we expected to pay more money for The Great Society at the loss of civil order?
We can't do it.

Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:14 pm
Profile WWW
Wall-E

Chippy wrote:
Do you really expect anyone to answer all of those questions?

Yeah Chippy. I think it's their job to do it. Not you now. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, unless of course they take the responsibility for the tasks at hand.
I can only hope that Obama himself is holding those answers for The Big Finish.

Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:19 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

Maybe you should write him a letter with your questions. You would probably get a response.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:37 pm
Wall-E

No I don't think so, and it's because I don't want my President to be clueless or arrogant.
These are obvious issues. The candidates volunteer their statements by their own volition,
as should be. They'll be doing the job behind closed doors and I want them to tell us what
they're thinking without being asked the questions. Giving them the clues during the campaign
is just too easy for what the job requires, though I do want representation while they are
on the job and not explanations why they ignore us and the issues.

And because I live in The Valley and I only need to shout across the yard I suppose.

Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:10 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Frankly imo a Pox on both thier houses..

Democrats and Republicans are both stupid in my eyes.

Republicans are just wacky and Democrats have thier head stuck up thier asses. :funny:

"Why do Democrats now spout rhetoric that would have made a Republican a pariah 20 years ago?"

It’s simple...
After the 1970's most Americans thinking shifted to the right.

You can call most Americans moderates but in comparison to the rest of the world, America is Centre Right.

About Unions and budgets...

Frankly, the situation is soo bad in certain areas that they would need to increase taxes a lot and that would just scare away business.

I think many people fail to see in today's world, money moves around very easily now. If one place massively increases taxes, money simply will move out and go somewhere else.
So govts are stuck between a rock and a hard place. They know from a political point of View, that it is easier to reduce the pay of unionized workers rather then forcing a big tax hike and imo it is the sensible thing to do.

What is the point of raising taxes to fund unsustainable expenses?

Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:25 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Obviously there are several problems in this country going back a long way. But the modern turning point for this country was when it elected George W. Bush as president instead of Al Gore. Was it because he was stupid? Was it because was funny? Was it because he was funny because he's stupid? Was it because Gore is too smart or too dull? When we decided against a smart president in favor of a stupid one, that's when it all really started going downhill. The horrible thing is, the characteristics that defined him as a poor president are evident in the presidential debates.

One term we might have been able to recover from in a decent amount of time. But then we gave him ANOTHER 4 years!

I don't care who was elected president in 2008, nobody was going to be able to turn around the loss of jobs and the collapse of the economy in a mere 4 years. Obama was screwed from the start.

Obama won because he spoke well about a new direction and everyone finally realized Bush led us in a bad direction. What he didn't mention and/or realize is that it's very difficult to get things done when the country is so evenly divided between Dem/Rep.

One thing I know for sure is that we are going to get a lot of half-truths from both sides for the next few months. And that's the thing I hate. Why can't they just present the facts with out deleting parts or sugar-coating things? It's really irritating.

Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:20 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

What a speech by Clinton. That's just great.

American Hustle - B+
Inside Llewyn Davis - B
Before Midnight - A
12 Years a Slave - A-
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - A-

My thoughts on box office

Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:08 am
Profile WWW
Wall-E

Well, everything but the part about "Republicans removing those pesky regulations".
You see, Bill Clinton was the one who signed the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act in 1999
and this Act deregulated Wall St. mergers and the investments in junk bonds and derivative instruments which many believe led to the mortgage crisis, Fannie Mae and the recession.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gramm-Leach-Bliley_Act

Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:19 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Yeah I agree Bill Clinton is at fault but in comparison to Obama and Bush, he is miles ahead of them...

Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:25 am
Profile WWW
Where will you be?

It is telling that the RNC pretended that Bush never existed, while Bill Clinton was center stage...

Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:51 am
Wall-E

But you know, the specter of Reagan was evident.
If they could have dug up the body, he would have been there.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:57 pm
Profile WWW
Let's Call It A Bromance

This is all that needs to play during the DNC to get votes

Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:14 pm
Profile WWW
Wall-E

I just remembered!

No, Bush wasn't mentioned at all, unless his references were cut by MSM.
But Condoleeza Rice was definitely there, and she was sharp.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:16 pm
Profile WWW