Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Could We Get the Ignore Feature Back Pleeeeeease. 
The French Dutch Boy

Post Could We Get the Ignore Feature Back Pleeeeeease.
Please? Pretty please? Pretty, pretty please? I really mean it. I need this feature back; it is incredibly useful, and I miss it.

PEACE, Mike.

Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:17 pm
No Wire Tampons!

Post Re: Could We Get the Ignore Feature Back Pleeeeeease.
MikeQ. wrote:
Please? Pretty please? Pretty, pretty please? I really mean it. I need this feature back; it is incredibly useful, and I miss it.

PEACE, Mike.

subtle and mature.

Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:20 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

Felicity Titwank wrote:
MikeQ. wrote:

PEACE, Mike.

subtle and mature.

HAHA! You're judging people's maturity?!?

:hahaha:

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:08 am
The French Dutch Boy

Felicity Titwank wrote:
MikeQ. wrote:

PEACE, Mike.

subtle and mature.

I don't get it, what's wrong with wanting the ignore function back? I know others who also like to use it. It helps to ignore people, which is more mature than getting in fights. I know we should just ignore the old fashioned way, but I would love to have the ignore function back.

PEACE, Mike.

Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:12 am
Squee

:glare:

Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:14 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

You hate me that much, MikeQ? :cry:

Mr. X does... I know that much

I'm sorry :hug:

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:16 am
Squee

Squee wrote:

I'm sorry... who?

:glare:

Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:20 am
The French Dutch Boy

No, Squee, you're awesome! I know you set my house on fire, but I rebuilt it (by myself, no outsiders, so no need to burn it down again!) and it's perfect! (Regarding the community of Squee).

PEACE, Mike.

Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:22 am
Site Owner

It will be coming back. Not in the immediate future, but when phpbb 3 releases, it will have an ignore feature as well as other features like friends (and enemies) lists, etc etc. Along with much more.

Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:24 am
Profile WWW
The French Dutch Boy

Mike,

It will be coming back. Not in the immediate future, but when phpbb 3 releases, it will have an ignore feature as well as other features like friends (and enemies) lists, etc etc. Along with much more.

Ohh, cool. Thanks Eagle!

PEACE, Mike.

Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:26 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

bABA on my lovers list
Loyal on my "more than friends" list...

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:29 am
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Eagle is SO going on my enemies list!
bABA on my lovers list
Loyal on my "more than friends" list...

Yeah?? Where do I fit in on this list??? :-k

Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:46 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

ChipMunky wrote:
Squee wrote:

I'm sorry... who?

:ohmy:

I = heartbroken.

Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:18 am

Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:50 am
Commander and Chef

cept you don't share same blood with them
you could go out with them if they're off the opposite sex
or same sex if you're gay with them

Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:08 am
Profile WWW
No Wire Tampons!

I don't see the point. I don't like the way several people here act. But it doesn't mean I'm going to be nasty to them or even ignore them. Everyone should have their point of view, and Its wrong to become a personal censor just because you don't like someone. Isn't a message board about taking on the whole picture of everyones thoughts on a subject and then adressing them with your own personal idealogy? If your ignoring people on the website how can that happen?

I think when you get to a stage of hating someone so much that their opinions on anything do not matter to you any more and you need a superfluous feature on a message board to let that be known then I'm not sure what that says about you. But at the end of the day everyone here plays their own tune, and if you let people get to you so much that you have to physically click a button that says "you no longer matter to me" then I think that's kind of lowering you rather than raising you up as the better man.

Just my input. Which would be ignored by 54 users if the ignore feature was back. My true agenda comes undone!

Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:10 am
Profile WWW
The French Dutch Boy

I don't see the point. I don't like the way several people here act. But it doesn't mean I'm going to be nasty to them or even ignore them. Everyone should have their point of view, and Its wrong to become a personal censor just because you don't like someone. Isn't a message board about taking on the whole picture of everyones thoughts on a subject and then adressing them with your own personal idealogy? If your ignoring people on the website how can that happen?

I think when you get to a stage of hating someone so much that their opinions on anything do not matter to you any more and you need a superfluous feature on a message board to let that be known then I'm not sure what that says about you. But at the end of the day everyone here plays their own tune, and if you let people get to you so much that you have to physically click a button that says "you no longer matter to me" then I think that's kind of lowering you rather than raising you up as the better man.

Just my input. Which would be ignored by 54 users if the ignore feature was back. My true agenda comes undone!

It's not about opinions or hate. I certainly don't hate a single person here. It's a message board, I couldn't possibly truly hate someone over a message board. It's about disruption of the forum atmosphere and fun. When you've got a poster that makes your time here so frustrating sometimes, it can ruin the fun I like to have chatting with other posters. Yeah, it's not the end of the world, but the ignore feature is still nice. You're making it out to be more than it really is, when I just want to come here and have an enjoyable time posting.

It's interesting, the person I wanted to use the ignore feature on has just been banned for life.

PEACE, Mike.

Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:22 pm
You must have big rats

Felicity Titwank wrote:

It's not about opinions or hate. I certainly don't hate a single person here. It's a message board, I couldn't possibly truly hate someone over a message board. It's about disruption of the forum atmosphere and fun. When you've got a poster that makes your time here so frustrating sometimes, it can ruin the fun I like to have chatting with other posters. It's interesting, the person I wanted to use the ignore feature on has just been banned for life.

PEACE, Mike.

Hehe, every single word you said in your post goes for me as well (well, maybe except for that "hate" thing). This feature was certainly not bad and I mean why should anyone care if it is back. Don't want to use it, then don't! Everyone should have a right to use it, though. But then again, the poster who I would use it on (probably) is gone.

Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:25 pm
Profile WWW
No Wire Tampons!

Heh. I thought Mike was referring to ME in the first place with this thread. I stand by my convictions though, I would never use the ignore feature at all.

I actually enjoy reading the posts of those I dislike. I get a kind of kick out of that shit.

Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:07 pm
Profile WWW
htm

Heh. I thought Mike was referring to ME in the first place with this thread. I stand by my convictions though, I would never use the ignore feature at all.

I actually enjoy reading the posts of those I dislike. I get a kind of kick out of that shit.

I sort of agree. I like getting the whole picture, and if someone's being an ass, I can just laugh it off. It isn't worth ignoring people all the time.... its no fun without a dissenter.

Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:17 pm
Devil's Advocate

Yeah, same goes for me too. Fighting is pure entertainment.

Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:20 pm
Extraordinary

The problem with implementing ignore is that when the ignored person got quoted by an unignored person, you'll still see the content of original post in the new reply.

American Hustle - B+
Inside Llewyn Davis - B
Before Midnight - A
12 Years a Slave - A-
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - A-

My thoughts on box office

Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:28 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

I need the ignore feature so I can use it on a certain gossip site runner...

:disgust:

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:35 pm
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

I could understand what Mike is saying though. The ignore feature isnt so much used against people to spite them or anything but alot of those posts by some users gets very disrupting. Take for instance the constant quote of a quote of a quote by people who dont even take the time to edit them at all, or the other pet peeve is the constant hijacking of threads by certain users all the time when they bring their fight inside of there, some posters are just way too meanspirited like the replies that WD0W got from there. I can see why Mike wants that to be implemented, after all its a message board and its a nice way to edit out all the spam from there

Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:18 pm
College Boy Z

Some people might not like it, but if you don't, don't use it. For those who can't just ignore someone annoying, it's a great tool and prevents confrontation.

Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next