Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:59 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Goldie is no longer welcome here 
No Wire Tampons!

Goldie sent me another response. Goldie, I'll let you know that I'm not your messenger. If you wish to speak to the people on the site, I suggest you find alternative ways of doing so. That said in the interests of fairness [and I actually believing this banning was on the shy side of fair and he deserves his say] i'll post this one last response for you.

Loyal, i largely disagree with the desicion here, and on that basis im doing something I wouldn't usually because I don't really feel hes had the fair chance to explain himself to the community. I've not even read what I'm posting nor have I replied to any of golides emails. But he really did deserve to have his say. Lecter knows i've had just as much conflict with Goldie as perhaps even he has. It just ceased before I came to KJ. So it's not like we are best friends. But I'm doing what I feel is fair. And banning someone just because they fuck you off is too Seanish for my liking.

Quote:
After reading the posts, here are my thoughts. Now Goodbye to All as if my fate lies with Krem, A Friend of Lecter member…………………..

* Archie – You have a problem with me going up to the line. How about commenting on your feelings on those other users who cross the line on this web-site. Also, wonder why you never made these comments to me when I could post?

* Krem & Scott – Glad to see that you guys didn’t even try making any comments – Just keeping up your normal, say nothing and do nothing act. Sorry but you guys are lousy ADM if you can’t think of doing / saying anything else that needs to be done.

Maybe start with re-writing the forum rules as I pointed out in the past, how many holes are in them.

* Glad to see that again, I was right that there are such a small bunch that are behind you or even want to post any thoughts in such a stupid thread as there is no sense in Krem’s decision.

* Baba & Z – nice to see that you guys either continue either saying nothing, add to the bitch-fest or just make jokes. Sorry but just more examples of shitty Owner, Adm or Mod behavior. And Z. saw your cheap stupid comment about me and Eagle’s Birthday – whatever as just another cheap punkish child-like post from Mod Z.

* And Lecter, why do I always have to save the most for you. Cause you always shoot your mouth off and need the most correcting. Pick out anywhere where I didn't have a point with a response.

- Get off your high horse on me following you around, most of my replies come as you post so much and say such stupid stuff. Check around and see that I make posts to Dolce, Eagle, Baba, Loyal, Archie, Michael, Andaroo, Lost Thread, DH Thread and most in the Movie and Critics Sections. ETC as I would have discussions with anyone that posted. And notice how I hardly ever talked to you in sections like BO and Water Cooler, Etc cause I had no interest there

but if I was staking you I could have reviewed all of your 50 posts daily and hit them all.

- On your comment that I was trying to stay on Eagle’s good side – Besides being stupid – If that was true that I would have been nicer to the other ADM & MODS. I gave Eagle his share of shit when he said stuff I didn’t like but he acted more like a Man than a baby when I criticized him.

- I have other points that I could discuss like above but whatever ………..

Anyway, to all - if anyone read my posts clearly, they would have seen that they were on topic about a thread / post and not nearly the amount of BS that other users caused. But I had to try to fight off the small amout of BS that mostly includes users in this thread.

Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:33 pm
Profile WWW
All Star Poster

I'm hardly present on this site to know any of the politics behind this and i do respect everyone's decisions. (So you can ignore the rest if you want) LOl.

Personally, i find it very weird that someone can get banned with such a vague explanation. Also, i find it weird how someone who is just verbally persistent (extremely persistent and i guess can be seen as annoying) gets banned and other people who constantly make racial jokes (Such as that tiger woods one and any stupid mentioning of "paki" jokes.. seriously that really bothers as I know many people from India and Qatar and i'm shit embarassed of linking them to this site bc of jokes like that), yet these people do not get banned and instead are encouraged at times. To me they are much more negative to the forum than goldie ever was (from what i saw)

While Goldie may have certainly been annoying to other people, he was always nice to me (but probably bc i'm not here on this forum too much) and he was great for discussion in the Grey's Anatomy thread and he gave me summary of previews at times because i can't get them in stupid Canadian chanels. :(

And again, i respect everyone's roles in this site, but I just felt like i had to voice my opinion (especially on the racism stuff) since this thread is in a way related to the forum health.

Last edited by Neostorm on Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:51 pm
Profile WWW
Teenage Dream

Michael, you're acting as if this whole thing was just completely out of the blue. Golide had been warned countless times. He had been temp banned countless times. All with the hopes that he would learn to become a better member. And nothing was changing. He was still starting fights. He was still endlessly bumping up his own threads (most of his poll threads in Cinemania are two pages long and 70% him) and never contributing to other threads unless it was to stir up shit. The horror thread was just the final straw. He was demanding that we provide him with daily updates. He was ruining that thread just to make himself seem more important than he really is. Let's say you are a new member brought to the boards because you're interested in winning the horror DVD contest. You go to the thread to make a suggestion, and all you see are pages of Golide demanding to know what's going on and posting incessant, nonsensical bullshit filled with this: **********************

Now, is that a place that you'd want to come back to? Probably not. You keep saying that he hasn't broken any rules, but Krem outlined the reason he was being banned in the very first post - his behavior was detrimental to overall forum health. I'm not sure how you could possibly argue that.

Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:53 pm
I don't see it as being vague, but, you know, whatever's clever.

Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:55 pm
No Wire Tampons!

well see i thought it WAS out of the blue. You guys didn't say otherwise at all during this thread and It's not like I track your moderation movements or know when you privately warn users. so to me and im sure the majority of others It's a surprise for a user to simply be banned out of the blue.

Maybe you guys could have waited though until he, you know, did something one last time.

Please dont use the reasoning of attracting new users though. Because that makes theworldofkj seem more like a corporation that dosen't care about it's users than an actual friendly website. Growth should be transparent. I don't want to see it happening or how your doing it. I just want it to happen! :D

Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:01 am
Profile WWW
No Wire Tampons!

yeah actually now that Oscar reminds me please don't let the racist stuff go on . If you guys can ban a man for being annoying, what about jokes that are clearly offensive to many people, but justified because finding them funny means you 'have a sense of humour'.

What is that? No. Cultural references to a sterotyped black society = funny.

Calling two black men niggers. Not so much really.

And as Oscar said, I would not ask one of my asian or black friends to visit this website largely because there are jokes being made [and this is a constant thing] that might be funny in context of BaBa to some people because BaBa dosen't seem to care. But for other people of the same origin it might not be quite as much funny as it is offensive.

Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:03 am
Profile WWW
Teenage Dream

well see i thought it WAS out of the blue. You guys didn't say otherwise at all during this thread and It's not like I track your moderation movements or know when you privately warn users. so to me and im sure the majority of others It's a surprise for a user to simply be banned out of the blue.

Maybe you guys could have waited though until he, you know, did something one last time.

Please dont use the reasoning of attracting new users though. Because that makes theworldofkj seem more like a corporation that dosen't care about it's users than an actual friendly website. Growth should be transparent. I don't want to see it happening or how your doing it. I just want it to happen! :D

I'm actually not a mod anymore. Someone should really change my rank.

Anywho, you can't discredit the "new users" reasoning. Sure, you may not want to hear about it, but that doesn't mean it's not an important factor to running a successful website.

All of Goldie's warnings and temp bannings were released to everyone at the time they occured. The admins always posted threads letting everyone know when, why, and how. Just because you didn't see them doesn't mean they weren't there. Or does it?

You say that they should have waited until he did something one last time. Why? Why should they keep giving him chance after chance after chance. The line has to be drawn somewhere.

Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:21 am
No Wire Tampons!

I can't remember one very busy site i've ever enjoyed being at.
Worldofkj's appeal is its dedication to its userbase. With growth comes a disassociation. I like it as it is :(

Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:24 am
Profile WWW
Teenage Dream

I'm sure you'll like paying for the surver upgrades, then. :tongue:

Honestly though, I know where you're coming from. Busy websites are normally pretty shitty when it comes to the community in the forums.

I think the guys who run this joint have a good grasp on their roots, though. I'm not concerned.

Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:28 am
No Wire Tampons!

Yeah and what happens when KJ grows to the point of someone offering Loyal a few hundred thousand dollars for the site and a couple of months later he quietly bows out as admin

WHAT THEN I ASK YOU!?

MORE FACISM!?!?!?!!!?!?!?!?!111!!111!?!?/!11OMGZ IS THAT BRITNEY SPEARs?!?!!?1

bedtime.

Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:33 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

Locked.

Now.. since I'm not a mod I can't do that so here is my post:

Goldie sucked anyway. Get over it.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:31 am
College Boy Z

Michael, you're acting as if this whole thing was just completely out of the blue. Golide had been warned countless times. He had been temp banned countless times. All with the hopes that he would learn to become a better member. And nothing was changing. He was still starting fights. He was still endlessly bumping up his own threads (most of his poll threads in Cinemania are two pages long and 70% him) and never contributing to other threads unless it was to stir up shit. The horror thread was just the final straw. He was demanding that we provide him with daily updates. He was ruining that thread just to make himself seem more important than he really is. Let's say you are a new member brought to the boards because you're interested in winning the horror DVD contest. You go to the thread to make a suggestion, and all you see are pages of Golide demanding to know what's going on and posting incessant, nonsensical bullshit filled with this: **********************

Now, is that a place that you'd want to come back to? Probably not. You keep saying that he hasn't broken any rules, but Krem outlined the reason he was being banned in the very first post - his behavior was detrimental to overall forum health. I'm not sure how you could possibly argue that.

What this guy said.

Goldie wrote:
* Baba & Z – nice to see that you guys either continue either saying nothing, add to the bitch-fest or just make jokes. Sorry but just more examples of shitty Owner, Adm or Mod behavior. And Z. saw your cheap stupid comment about me and Eagle’s Birthday – whatever as just another cheap punkish child-like post from Mod Z.

Poster G - nice to see that you're still a moron and add nothing to the forum but >'s, <'s, *'s, and some dashes, occasionally. Sorry, but just more examples of a poster that asked to be banned with all the crap he does.

And, G, whatever, just another stupid, uneducated, improperly-structed-post from Poster G.

WHATEVER > I'm off to the movies > at 2:44AM > OK.

Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:43 am
MIchael, please keep Goldie's comments on your forum. He wasn't banned from this site just so he can still post through you. If people are interested, they will go over to NF7 and read his posts.

In any case, someone that says that this was out of the blue was not aware of the great many times Goldie was told to change his behavior or else. What's the point in giving that approach one MORE shot, if it will just keep being the same?

Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:16 am
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Eagle wrote:
Why was he banned?

Not for any particular thing, but for overall ruining the atmosphere on the forum with his constant negativism and putting other users down.

Well hell, I do that but I'm not being Banned.. I don't know.. He didn't bother me and he certainly had a love for posting alot of Polls.. :-k

Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:02 am
Profile WWW
Michael, WorldofKJ ultimately may not be the place for you then as it's different than it was 6 months ago and will continue to evolve.

Also, I think you're confusing the forum with the main site. That seems to happen quite often around here.

Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:27 am
No Wire Tampons!

MIchael, please keep Goldie's comments on your forum. He wasn't banned from this site just so he can still post through you. If people are interested, they will go over to NF7 and read his posts.

In any case, someone that says that this was out of the blue was not aware of the great many times Goldie was told to change his behavior or else. What's the point in giving that approach one MORE shot, if it will just keep being the same?

1. No.

2. These were sent through the contact form to my email. Goldie does not post on NF7.

3. Chipmunky, you're not a mod for a very good reason

4. Thanks for listening to the small niggle about racism by completely ignoring it. I'll go call someone a nigger now and let oscar get banned for calling someones opinion nonsense.

Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:07 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:38 am
htm

4. Thanks for listening to the small niggle about racism by completely ignoring it. I'll go call someone a nigger now and let oscar get banned for calling someones opinion nonsense.

:clap:

Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:39 am
Extraordinary

OMG, for like two days, I couldn't access this site because I was stuck in the old server...

I was trapped there too! Aiiieeeee!

Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:41 am
New Server, Same X

I think I can settle this with a good ol' fasioned "Case Closed."

Case Closed...

For now.

Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:44 am
I think I can settle this with a good ol' fasioned "Case Closed."

Case Closed...

For now.

Concurred.

Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:09 pm
Site Owner

kjtocool@gmail.com

Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:17 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4