Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Franchise Discussion 
Hold the door!

Post Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Franchise Discussion
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is doing well enough to ensure that we at least get a second film. I personally think they will all do well enough to ensure all five planned films get made.

Personally, I do not believe any of the sequels will be called "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them". I believe that each film in the franchise will be titled after a different book from the series. I think these are the likely ones.

Quidditch Through the Ages
The Tales of Beedle the Bard
The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore
I cannot decide what the last one would be. Maybe Hogwarts a History or A History of Magic.

I'm pretty damn sure that we will see the unadapted backstories of Dumbledore and Voldemort from Half Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows at some point in the series. They'd be really stupid not to, fans would love to see the Gaunts and Dumbledore's family. I'm pretty sure as they show the destruction of Grindelwald, they will also show Voldemort's rise to power. It wouldn't surprise me if they showed Voldemort murdering his parents like he did in the first chapter of the fourth novel, but was regrettably left out of the Goblet of Fire film.

I do not believe that Newt will continue to be the main character of the franchise. He should appear in each film, but I believe each film will have a different protagonist, one of which will almost certainly be Dumbledore and young Voldemort.

I'm pretty sure we will see more of the Tales of Beedle the Bard on screen in the film titled after that book.

I also think Quidditch will play a big role in at least one of the films.

Queenie and Jake will definitely end up together. No way he does not get his memory back.

Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:08 pm
The Wall

Post Re: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Franchise Discus
Pls delete this thread. Don't troll.

Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:16 pm
Profile WWW
The Wall

Now that I'm on my computer I just have to react to what is possibly either the lamest troll post ever on WOKJ or just the most completely clueless post on WOKJ ever.

zwackerm wrote:
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is doing well enough to ensure that we at least get a second film. I personally think they will all do well enough to ensure all five planned films get made.

Of course they will make all 5 movies.

zwackerm wrote:
Personally, I do not believe any of the sequels will be called "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them". I believe that each film in the franchise will be titled after a different book from the series. I think these are the likely ones.

Quidditch Through the Ages
The Tales of Beedle the Bard
The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore
I cannot decide what the last one would be. Maybe Hogwarts a History or A History of Magic.

Have you read either Quidditch or Tales? I'm pretty sure you haven't because what you're suggesting is the dumbest crap ever. It has been confirmed this series is about Newt Scamander and later on it will concentrate on Dumbledore and Grindelwald's tale.

zwackerm wrote:
I'm pretty damn sure that we will see the unadapted backstories of Dumbledore and Voldemort from Half Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows at some point in the series.

If this was WB series alone I might've said yes, but considering JK is writing the script and the fact that there's so little HP connections in the first movie I'd say JK has the final word. If it was WB's way I'm sure we would have loads of HP connections in this movie from the get go.

zwackerm wrote:
They'd be really stupid not to, fans would love to see the Gaunts and Dumbledore's family.

I hope they're stupid.

zwackerm wrote:
I'm pretty sure as they show the destruction of Grindelwald, they will also show Voldemort's rise to power. It wouldn't surprise me if they showed Voldemort murdering his parents like he did in the first chapter of the fourth novel, but was regrettably left out of the Goblet of Fire film.

Voldemort's story is pretty much covered. No need to go back there. It would be the same shitty thing Jackson pulled with The Hobbit. I do not wish that on HP ever. Though the way obscurus manifests looks very similar to the way Death Eaters were moving in HP movies so there's possibly an end game connection there as the idea of obscurus will apparently play a big part in the franchise. But I don't think Voldemort as such will ever come into play. Nor should he.

zwackerm wrote:
I do not believe that Newt will continue to be the main character of the franchise. He should appear in each film, but I believe each film will have a different protagonist, one of which will almost certainly be Dumbledore and young Voldemort.

You don't bother establishing a lead character for a franchise just to change the lead in every subsequent movie.

zwackerm wrote:
I'm pretty sure we will see more of the Tales of Beedle the Bard on screen in the film titled after that book.

Based on the first movie, this is shaping up to be a very grown up franchise. I doubt they will go to a children's book for vital plot points. It worked in Potter. Would not work here. But they could make movies based on the stories from the book, in which case you'd be right, but I don't think it will happen in this franchise.

zwackerm wrote:
I also think Quidditch will play a big role in at least one of the films.

It won't.

Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:11 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Clueless. I just don't see how there is that much more story to be told with Newt.

Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:06 pm
You must have big rats

zwack might be trolling, but then _axiom took the bait.

Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:48 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

They should keep Fantastic Beasts in the title, and just change the subtitles for the sequels. Simply make the planned five films known as the Fantastic Beasts film series.

Newt's beasts, those current and newly introduced ones, could continue to play a part in the series along with the overall main plot. I don't know if J.K. Rowling has ever answered where Dumbledore got Fawkes, his phoenix, but I thought it'd be a neat idea to have Newt give him Fawkes at some point in the Fantastic Beasts series after seeing the film.

In Japan, the film is called "Fantastic Beasts and the Sorcerer's Journey". That'd be a great name for a sequel, for example.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:18 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

David Heyman, the producer, said this:

Quote:
I don’t think [Newt will be at] the heart of all of them. I think he’ll be part — so will Tina, Queenie and Jacob — will be part of the next one. [Dumbledore and ] Credence and Grindelwald – I think they will be the main players.

So much for _axiom's assertion.

I like how Heyman spoiled that Credence is still alive in a very by the way manner.

Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:24 pm
Profile WWW
The Wall

"I think" passes as a confirmation now? He doesn't know really because he's not the one doing the story and it has been confirmed before that the series will get to Dumbledore and Grindelwald eventually way before. Besides Fantastic Beasts really didn't play as a solo Newt Scamander movie, but rather an ensemble one - even though it's based on a "book" by Newt. Obviously they just took it as a starting point. He wasn't the one doing all the work and being main go-to hero as you would suppose. So the producer basically says it will be an ensemble movie and that's some big news? If you read my reply I say just the same:

"It has been confirmed this series is about Newt Scamander and later on it will concentrate on Dumbledore and Grindelwald's tale."

And he didn't spoil anything if you've seen the movie. What is up with people having the need to be told explicitly something in movies nowadays???

Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:54 am
Profile WWW
The Wall

Quote:
Redmayne revealed a real answer:

You know, I did actually ask that question to David Yates and David Heyman yesterday. And the answer is “Fantastic Beasts” will remain in the title if we go forward, and then it’ll be “and the…”

Part of zwack's crazy post has been debunked.

Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:38 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

I think the original title of this film was "Put that thing back where you found it or so help me"

Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:34 pm
Profile WWW
On autopilot for the summer

I honestly have no interest in this, and I was a OD Harry Potter guy for every film. What's the best way to go into this film? Just a Fantasy film expectation kind of deal?

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:53 pm
The Wall

I wasn't excited too. Went to see it because of HP. Liked it. You should like it too I think. Expect a good start of a much bigger story. Just like Philosopher's Stone.

Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:48 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

The good thing was that unlike the Potter films, I didn't know what was going to happen next because there was no book to read beforehand. So in some ways, I enjoyed it more.

But it was indeed a set-up film with lots of world building for the series. But it was fun world-building, and the idea of placing it 100 years or so ago in NYC instead of modern day England made a big difference.

I would have liked a bit more personality from the main character, though. He wasn't eccentric enough.

Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:05 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

So who should play Dumbledore? I see Ewan Mcgregor seems a favorite, although I would vote for Colin Firth. He looks a little like Gambon.

Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:37 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Jedi Master Carr wrote:
So who should play Dumbledore? I see Ewan Mcgregor seems a favorite, although I would vote for Colin Firth. He looks a little like Gambon.

Jared Harris.

Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:40 pm
You must have big rats

_axiom wrote:
"I think" passes as a confirmation now? He doesn't know really because he's not the one doing the story and it has been confirmed before that the series will get to Dumbledore and Grindelwald eventually way before. Besides Fantastic Beasts really didn't play as a solo Newt Scamander movie, but rather an ensemble one - even though it's based on a "book" by Newt. Obviously they just took it as a starting point. He wasn't the one doing all the work and being main go-to hero as you would suppose. So the producer basically says it will be an ensemble movie and that's some big news? If you read my reply I say just the same:

"It has been confirmed this series is about Newt Scamander and later on it will concentrate on Dumbledore and Grindelwald's tale."

And he didn't spoil anything if you've seen the movie. What is up with people having the need to be told explicitly something in movies nowadays???

You are just being a retard on purpose. Everyone I have told about this in recent days went "WTF? The obscurus dude died at the end of Beasts, no?"

Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:53 am
Profile WWW
The Wall

Sorry you're hanging out with people who were dumbed down by today's movies that feel the need to spell out everything a couple of times to make sure that people Facebooking, Tweeting etc. during the movie didn't miss a plot point. And I'm especially sorry you're taking their opinion as a benchmark if something was clear or not. The scene was pretty obvious.

Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:23 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

What in that scene made it obvious that he survived?

Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:27 am
Profile WWW
The Wall

You could see slight relief and easyness on Newt's face when he saw that slight puff of black smoke.

Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:52 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

He could also be relieved that the entire city was not destroyed.

Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:40 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Dr. Lecter wrote:
What in that scene made it obvious that he survived?

The smoke drift Newt watches scurry away.

Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:02 pm
llegó a la casa vía marítima

The movie was a great world-building exercise trapped in an awkward, amateurish script and horrible editing that had waaay too many inappropriate pauses, glances, and moments of silence. Actually made the experience of sitting through it uncomfortable. Whatever they do next, HIRE A NEW EDITOR and get JK a ghostwriter to help her polish the pacing and tighten everything.

Also, David Yates cannot direct emotional moments and always ruins climaxes. There's a reason why Prisoner of Azkaban is the only HP movie that feels like a FILM and not just blockbuster entertainment, they actually hired a real director. So...fire Yates too lol.

Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:46 pm
Extraordinary

I disagree, I thought there was some great emotional moments in Deathly Hallows Part 2 with Snape.

Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:49 pm
Profile WWW
The Wall

I agree somewhat with Barrabas. There are moments in the movie that you can definitely see working better on paper as in a novel form than they do in the movie. But I won't take a huge grudge because it is JK's first screenwriting job and she didn't do a bad job. If she improves as she did with HP books... Then we are all in for a treat.

Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:15 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

I completely disagree that there is no emotion as well. I do agree that the film's strength was in its world building rather than its storytelling, but that's how the first Harry Potter books were.

Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next