Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 So Magic Mike... 
Pure Phase

Post Re: So Magic Mike...
Axe wound.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:11 pm
The Dark Knight

Dr. Lecter wrote:
LOL, seriously...I could only imagine how much of a creep I'd come across if I were here complaining that there is not enough vagina in, say, Chloe (or any other film). For some reason it seems fine with people demanding penises, but something is telling me that if there were a bunch of guys disappointed that there is no Olivia Munn's labia on display here it'd come across as very weird.

Just an observation.

This is such a bullshit argument though. R-rated movies have TONS of full frontal female nudity. The same cannot be said for their male counterparts.

It might be 'just an observation' but it's one being made from the other side of the aisle.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:12 pm
Pure Phase

Mike said Weekend met this decade's quota.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:14 pm
The Dark Knight

David wrote:

LOL, ouch. :tears:

Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:30 pm
You must have big rats

erikdean wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
LOL, seriously...I could only imagine how much of a creep I'd come across if I were here complaining that there is not enough vagina in, say, Chloe (or any other film). For some reason it seems fine with people demanding penises, but something is telling me that if there were a bunch of guys disappointed that there is no Olivia Munn's labia on display here it'd come across as very weird.

Just an observation.

This is such a bullshit argument though. R-rated movies have TONS of full frontal female nudity. The same cannot be said for their male counterparts.

It might be 'just an observation' but it's one being made from the other side of the aisle.

I certainly wouldn't say TONS, but I readily admit that there is more of it than male full frontal nudity.

That said, even if it weren't the case, I wouldn't be complaining about the lack of it. If I want to see full frontal nudity, there is still the internet... besides that does not negate my point that if I were demanding here for more vagina in any given film, I'd come across as a weirdo...

Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:33 pm
Profile WWW
The Dark Knight

Dr. Lecter wrote:
erikdean wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:

Just an observation.

I certainly wouldn't say TONS, but I readily admit that there is more of it than male full frontal nudity.

That said, even if it weren't the case, I wouldn't be complaining about the lack of it. I want to see full frontal nudity, there is still the internet... besides that does not negate my point that if I were demanding here for more vagina in any given film, I'd come across as a weirdo...

LOL, no I get you. It's like a....double double standard.

Looking at stripping itself shows this as well. The female audiences for male strippers is usually rambunctious, having a great time and is very...hands on, lol. It's not seen as weird or creepy or anything negative, usually.

Male audiences for female strippers are either overly rowdy or freakishly silent and creepy. They go off and pay huge bucks for lapdances and whatnot privately but appear to get little or no joy from it but see it as function of pipes.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:45 pm
Forum General

Yeah I went to a SC twice and got a lap dance and the first time it was fun, the 2nd time it lost all its fun.

Also what kind of person blows his pipes in a place like that...

Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:28 pm
Profile WWW
Pure Phase

"WHO'S YA MANNY? WHO'S YA MANNY, YA DIRTY WHORE?! SCREAM MANNYISTHEBEST!"

Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:02 pm
Wallflower

David wrote:

Funny :P. Haven't seen Weekend yet.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:34 pm
Wallflower

erikdean wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:

Just an observation.

Anyone remember the endless vaginas on display in Harold & Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay? It's just disappointing that it's more acceptable to show a vagina in a movie than a penis. Those of us that like penis get the short end of the stick, so to speak :P.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:35 pm
Pure Phase

I remember nothing from the second Harold & Kumar movie. ;)

Penis list time. From the top of my head (ha ha):

Boogie Nights
Borat
The Crying Game
Damage
Eastern Promises
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Kinsey
Quills
The Piano
Sideways
Terminator 2
Velvet Goldmine
Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story
Watchmen
Wild Things

The list goes on.

People can't forget the penis is external and the vagina internal. :P A penis is a penis is a penis. Compile a list of mainstream movies which truly show the vagina versus a brief shot of the pubic area, and I bet it won't be anywhere near as a long as the one above.

There are also social factors. If Magic Mike were heavy on penis shots, it would be entering theatres under a cloud. Shame is a Steve McQueen-directed exploration of sex addiction second, the movie where this dude named Michael Fassbender shows his enormous dong first. The Crying Game, in the minds of the public, stars a penis, supported by Stephen Rea. People still mention how "disturbed" they were by seeing Harvey Keitel nude in an intimate scene in The Piano (because he's not a male model obviously). Forgetting Sarah Marshall earned its biggest laugh just by showing Jason Segel's manhood, no memorable one-liner required. Fair or not, including a penis shot is a very...political decision.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:10 pm
Wallflower

David wrote:
Compile a list of mainstream movies which truly show the vagina versus a brief shot of the pubic area, and I bet it won't be anywhere near as a long as the one above.

Well who wants to see inside the vagina? :P It's not like I want them to go up the pee slit ;).

Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:46 am
Forum General

""WHO'S YA MANNY? WHO'S YA MANNY, YA DIRTY WHORE?! SCREAM MANNYISTHEBEST!""

lol Manny is not my real name lol

Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:48 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2