Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 34  Next
 The Dark Knight Rises thread - new character posters 
Superfreak

Post Re: Official new Batman sequel thread
Comicbookmovie.com or whatever is bogus. Good to see filming start...now we just need Superman news.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:31 pm
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Mister Ecks wrote:
I hope Ellen Page is the next rumored Riddler!

It's interesting you use Ellen Page as the Riddler.. How about it folks?? If Christopher Nolan decided to use a female as a serial killer in the role of The RIDDLER for TDK Sequel, a role that's been played by 2 male leads(Frank Gorshin and Jim Carrey) would you accept it???? :-k

This kills TDKR At the box office next summer.. Get used to this

Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:13 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

I hope Justin Bieber will be offered the Robin role.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:53 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

Problem with most of the villains left is that they are too campy. Penguin would fit in Nolan's world most. Riddler would be second choice, but I have a problem with that because it's essentially the Joker's copy - do we want that?

Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:55 am
Extraordinary

Mr. R wrote:
Problem with most of the villains left is that they are too campy. Penguin would fit in Nolan's world most. Riddler would be second choice, but I have a problem with that because it's essentially the Joker's copy - do we want that?

He isn't that much like the Joker. First he isn't as nuts, the Riddler acts sane and is meticulous. He is really a very different villain. His plans make sense and you can see the logic of his actions. I think other villains would work in the film probably the ones left are Riddler and Penguin, Catwoman, Poison Ivy (as an eco terrorist), Talia, and Black Mask.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:55 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

I would like to see Black Mask, but as a secondary villain.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:57 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

Jedi Master Carr wrote:
Mr. R wrote:

He isn't that much like the Joker. First he isn't as nuts, the Riddler acts sane and is meticulous. He is really a very different villain. His plans make sense and you can see the logic of his actions. I think other villains would work in the film probably the ones left are Riddler and Penguin, Catwoman, Poison Ivy (as an eco terrorist), Talia, and Black Mask.

And yet there's the danger that for the general audience it would be the Joker #2, no matter how different the character's motivation in the comics is. I don't think Nolan would play that game, unless he takes some radically different road, like they did in Brian Azzarello's Joker graphic novel. Catwoman, Poison Ivy don't fit in that world for sure. Plus, I don't think they would go for the female villain. That leaves us Penguin as the major antagonist, likely teamed up with Scarecrow. Still hope for the return of Two-Face. And the Joker behind the curtains in some way...

Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:39 am
Deshi Basara

Mr. R wrote:
Jedi Master Carr wrote:
Mr. R wrote:

And yet there's the danger that for the general audience it would be the Joker #2, no matter how different the character's motivation in the comics is. I don't think Nolan would play that game, unless he takes some radically different road, like they did in Brian Azzarello's Joker graphic novel. Catwoman, Poison Ivy don't fit in that world for sure. Plus, I don't think they would go for the female villain. That leaves us Penguin as the major antagonist, likely teamed up with Scarecrow. Still hope for the return of Two-Face. And the Joker behind the curtains in some way...

I think the audience is savvy enough to distinguish Joker and Riddler. As hinted above Joker's motivations were not logically driven the way Riddler's would be. IMO a Depp Riddler is the most ideal thing I could imagine. Nolan's Riddler needs to be seen as an evil genius but not goofy/manic like Carrey's obviously and not criminally insane like Joker as said above.

The Animated Series did every villain just right and Riddler done like that is perfect for Nolan's universe. See also 'Hush' for a perfect example. I also love the idea of Talia as a love interest. It has to be dangerous and some ethical lines must overlap for it to work. The love interest dynamic in Batman Returns was I think the element that it did better than any other movie in the franchise did.

The Animated Series shows that any villain could work, but personally I do not ever want to see Penguin again - it worked in Burton's world and was about as good as it could be done. Same goes for Catwoman - no chance she'll show up in Nolan's universe. Poison Ivy could work in today's climate but would be very risky and challenging. I'd so love to see Nolan's version though.

Most Impressive Openings: Honorable Mentions

Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:21 am
You must have big rats

Hmm, I could see Black Mask as a henchman of the Penguin....I don't think I want Penguin and the Riddler in one film, though.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:29 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

Proud Ryu wrote:
The Animated Series did every villain just right and Riddler done like that is perfect for Nolan's universe. See also 'Hush' for a perfect example. I also love the idea of Talia as a love interest. It has to be dangerous and some ethical lines must overlap for it to work. The love interest dynamic in Batman Returns was I think the element that it did better than any other movie in the franchise did.

The Animated Series shows that any villain could work, but personally I do not ever want to see Penguin again - it worked in Burton's world and was about as good as it could be done. Same goes for Catwoman - no chance she'll show up in Nolan's universe. Poison Ivy could work in today's climate but would be very risky and challenging. I'd so love to see Nolan's version though.

Animated series, animated series... If Nolan turns Batman into live action version of animated series, that would be THE END. I surely hope he's not gonna take this road because it leads to nowhere.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:32 am
Extraordinary

Mr. Magnus wrote:
The 85-episodes of Batman: The Animated Series still is, and probably will forever be, the greatest portrayal of Batman.

Agreed, and the Riddler would work he is great at playing mind games. I do think Catwoman is doable, as she could be a thief toying with Batman. He could bring in Talia who he has set up with Ra'ah Ghul.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:29 pm
Profile WWW

http://www.gubuwire.com/?p=2736

Details on TDK sequel have leaked and WB and Nolan are pissed... Welcome to the internet boys.. Whether this is true or not is questionable, but the title sucks for thre 3rd movie..

Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:47 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Shadow of the Bat is pretty lame. DTV horror flick starring Paul Walker and Mena Suvari lame.

Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:42 pm
Hatchling

Mr. Magnus wrote:
Riddler is pretty much confirmed for the film by multiple sources so I highly doubt that these leaks are legit. They may be, but I highly doubt.

I'd doubt them too but AreWeCool.com hardly sounds like a reliable counter-source. I don't even want to read the rest of the article for fear of being disappointed further.

Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:38 pm
Extraordinary

I say its false, I doubt the script is even done yet.

Edit
I read on various batman sites that this site is a joke site and the whole thing is fake. It makes more sense, wikileaks has never reported anything but military leaks to this point.

Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:07 pm
Profile WWW

Jedi Master Carr wrote:

Edit
I read on various batman sites that this site is a joke site and the whole thing is fake. It makes more sense, wikileaks has never reported anything but military leaks to this point.

How the hell do other so called various "Batman websites" know anymore or less whether the sites fake or not or the floating rumors of this???? :funny: Sounds like the Batman fans are on the defense for fear it might be true and so what if it is??? Nolan's in charge, right??? Who cares, this guys your savior and I'm sure it won't be any better or worse than TDK was, minus the dead actor aspect playing up the films box office which TDK did..

Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:43 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Tony Stark wrote:
Jedi Master Carr wrote:

Edit

How the hell do other so called various "Batman websites" know anymore or less whether the sites fake or not or the floating rumors of this???? :funny: Sounds like the Batman fans are on the defense for fear it might be true and so what if it is??? Nolan's in charge, right??? Who cares, this guys your savior and I'm sure it won't be any better or worse than TDK was, minus the dead actor aspect playing up the films box office which TDK did..

Very simple go to Wikileaks search for Nolan or Batman nothing comes up. Wikileaks only deals with military and political articles. They have never dealt with movies, they would argue that is beneath them.

Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:15 am
Profile WWW
Hatchling

Tony Stark wrote:

I can only presume/hope you're kidding to wind somebody up, but if you really doubt this properly read the article in question: Wally Jowells @ arewecool.com, dietology, Nerdonomicon, Assange's involvement... - it's a weak effort at an Onion-like article riffing on the war diaries leak. Humour's a bit sparse so I guess you could miss it if you skim it quickly.

Quote:
Describing the leak as a “criminal act”, Warners president Alan Horn said executives were currently reviewing the materials in order to identify the source of the leak.

“The person or persons responsible for this may have made themselves feel more important, but the reality is they have endangered the livelihoods of literally thousands working in the film industry.”

I take it my comment was too dry before :funny:

Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:30 am
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

The script for the film (at least the 1st draft anyways) is done but those rumors are likely false.

Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:53 pm
Extraordinary

Thatguy wrote:
The script for the film (at least the 1st draft anyways) is done but those rumors are likely false.

Yeah they were confirmed to be false, WikiLeaks never posted any such story.

Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:56 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

Post Re: Tom Hardy in Batman 3!!!!
Quote:
Hardy stars in the upcoming Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy and Warrior. He is currently filming This Means War and has Mad Max: Fury Road on his plate as well.

:thumbsup:

Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:56 pm
You must have big rats

Yeah....that is not shocking.

Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:56 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

Maggie is easily shocked.......he's a Rangers fan.

Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:57 pm
You must have big rats

Robin?!!

Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:19 pm
Profile WWW
Wallflower

He's hot! :thumbsup:

Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 34  Next