Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 11:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Toy Story 3 has a Script ready!! 
Teh Mexican

Post Toy Story 3 has a Script ready!!
Quote:
Disney Feature Animation has committed to make Toy Story 3, without Pixar, basing the next installment of the blockbuster animation franchise on a script by young writer Jared Stern.

According to Variety, Stern developed a story idea for the long-in-the-works "TS3" on spec while a member of Disney's Feature Animation Writing Program. Several other writers also took a stab at "TS3," but Disney ultimately chose Stern's concept.

Though exact details of the script were being kept under close wraps, Stern's new take is expected to advance the "Toy Story" franchise by taking the characters on the road and out of Andy's room. Stern is also understood to have invented a couple of new characters for the next installment.

The studio is expected to hire another screenwriter to write a polish on the script.

Story

I cant wait, i really dont care if Pixar isnt coming back for this one!! \:D/

Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:43 pm
---------

Let's hope Disney doesn't create a really cheesy cute new character for Toy Story 3 to counteract Puss in Boots. It's got be about Buzz and Woody.

Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:51 pm
Extraordinary

What makes Pixar films great are the scripts, developed by Pixar. I cannot imagine that anyone else can just take these characters and make anything nearly as good.

Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:59 pm
Profile WWW
Powered By Hate

No Pixar=no sale from me. Disney couldn't make a good movie now if it bit them in the ass. The only good film they made without distributing it for Pixar since The Lion King was Lilo & Stitch, but clearly with their recent track record that was a fluke.

Toy Story without Pixar reminds me of how Ren & Stimpy took a nosedive when they fired Spumco from producing it.

Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:07 pm
now we know

Only the script? well, it isnt going to be out for ike another 6 years, so ill worry about that, then.

But a TS3 is not needed.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:08 am
Profile WWW
Vagina Qwertyuiop

While there's every chance it might turn out to be good. I really don't see the point in making another Toy Story past money. Didn't they say everything they wanted to say with Toy Story 1 & 2? Toy Story 1 taught us that we shouldn't fear new technology/arrivals but rather embrace them, lest all our friends abandon us and leave us for dead in the road. Toy Story 2 taught us that while we shouldn't forget our roots, we also shouldn't bugger off to Japan to be part of a massive toy collection. What will Toy Story 3 teach us? Never sign a contract that gives Disney control over your intellectual property.

Jon_Lyrik wrote:
No Pixar=no sale from me. Disney couldn't make a good movie now if it bit them in the ass. The only good film they made without distributing it for Pixar since The Lion King was Lilo & Stitch, but clearly with their recent track record that was a fluke.

Pfft!! Disney haven't been that bad Jon. The Emperor's New Groove, Mulan, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules and Tarzan were all top notch. Sure there've been some duff ones since The Lion King, but even the lacklustre Disney's turn out better than a lot of the competition. Treasure Planet, Brother Bear and Home on the Range were all quite entertaining. Only Pocahontas, Dinosaur and Atlantis were outright crap.

Last edited by Snrub on Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:59 am
Golfaholic

With the current talent as Disney they soon will have destroyed all the franchises and potential franchises Pixar created.

Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:15 am
now we know

Disney are purely greedy. They ruined Lion King by releasing DTV sequels. Thats what will happen to other franchises, theyll get ruined.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:43 am
Profile WWW